The Big 12 already does it.
I think the proper term is “ resumption “ of corruption. Which was interrupted by the present usage of PORTAL/NIL.@OrangeBowlMagic I'm curious why you don't think the bag game will return once a cap is in place?
Let's say the cap is 22.5M for revenue sports and UTX is at or near that cap when an athlete they want becomes available. What's to stop their boosters from paying under the table for that athlete? Miami wants that same kid but also has hit its cap. Do you think the NCAA will investigate UTX as aggressively as Miami?
Maybe I misunderstand the situation? Just feels like another way to introduce corruption to me.
it isnt passing the house and theyre not coming back for this. if they did come back, theyd go after epstein and the hegseth impeachment before even discussing this
For perspective, the House Black Congressional caucus has 58 members. That's alot of votes against the bill.
Then add 30-40 members of the House Freedom caucus, where I could see limited enthusiasm for the bill.
So right off the bat you could have close to 100 House folks against the bill.
That's not enough to kill it but Hakeem Jeffries has a lot of pull with the Dems in general.
For perspective, the House Black Congressional caucus has 58 members. That's alot of votes against the bill.
Then add 30-40 members of the House Freedom caucus, where I could see limited enthusiasm for the bill.
So right off the bat you could have close to 100 House folks against the bill.
That's not enough to kill it but Hakeem Jeffries has a lot of pull with the Dems in general.