Props to you Peter Ariz

reg

Sophomore
I got a chance to listen to you on the SOTU podcast yesterday and came away very impressed. Having listened to all of your podcast on this site, I was already aware of your ability to analyze/breakdown players skill sets, conduct solid interviews, and provide valuable insight regarding our football program. Last night, none of the previous mentioned is why I came away even more impressed with you. It was your professionalism, especially for a 22 year old, that was truly impressive.

First of all, that had to be the worst podcast that I have ever listened to in my entire life, including podcast that is not even sports related. It was like 3 or 4 people all trying to talk at the same time. That podcast was more crowded than a baptist church on Easter Sunday. They provided no insight whatsoever, displayed a high level of ignorance, and seemed to be as prepared as Ben Carson in front of a Senate Committee. I eventually ended up fast forwarding to the 36 minute mark when you joined the podcast. However, right before you joined the podcast the SOTU crew began to call you names and mock your abilities (not sure if you were aware of that or not). One idiot kept referring to you as a liar, both prior to you joining the show and during your interview. That same idiot even began to make fun of your actual birth name!

During the podcast, I could barely hear what you had to say because not only were they talking over you, but they were having sidebar conversations while you were speaking. I honestly thought that the entire thing was a joke and I was just missing the punch line. Nevertheless, through all of the shade that they threw your way as well as the lack of professionalism that they had towards you, you carried yourself like a true professional, but even more importantly, like a decent human being. I am 35 years old (13 years your senior) and I don't believe that I could have shown the same level of discipline that you displayed while amongst imbeciles.

I am not one to bash other cane websites because it is my hope that all of them have the same intention, which is to provide news and forums for those of us who seek to partake in such endeavors. Of course, all of the cane websites do not have the greatest of intentions (I see you Gary WormMan). Last night was just a reminder to me why if it is Canes related, I spend 99% of my time on this site.

Once again, great stuff my man! I appreciate what you do!

PS: I know that I am going to get killed on here for this thread. LOL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I listened to it as well and was annoyed at how they treated Peter and talked about the Canes in general. I am pretty sure it was Josh Newburg and that silk dude. The silk guy was incredibly rude and annoying, Josh seemed to just be enabling the guy the whole time.

I agree with you though, Pete accounted for himself well despite getting attacked left and right.

They called him a liar for saying he thought Perry would start next year, which is retarded because that's an opinion. Which can't be a ******* lie. They generally acted like they had a 5th grade reading level, which for Silk especially I would not be surprised.

I listened to it as well and was annoyed at how they treated Peter and talked about the Canes in general. I am pretty sure it was Josh Newburg and that silk dude. The silk guy was incredibly rude and annoying, Josh seemed to just be enabling the guy the whole time.

I agree with you though, Pete accounted for himself well despite getting attacked left and right.

They called him a liar for saying he thought Perry would start next year, which is retarded because that's an opinion. Which can't be a ****ing lie. They generally acted like they had a 5th grade reading level, which for Silk especially I would not be surprised.

Not sure who the Silk dude is, as this is my first time hearing of him. I'm pretty sure he is the same one that was mocking Peter by calling him Cane twitter guy! Needless to say, I will not be visiting that site anymore!

Advertisement
the 3rd guy, the one thats supposed to be the Hurricane Representative is too soft. he's just happy to be there

Pete is the goods and CIS is top notch...rest of the sites cant even compare. who ever pays for that **** or visits these other ****ty sites is the main problem. stop making them relevant

Advertisement
Everyone likes taking shots at the man at the top, right now Pete is one of the best to represent the U and HE GIVES AWAY HIS INFO FOR FREE!!!! There's a reason they hate and throw shade because he is better and has a better following.

a325fee39d9edee3caf863dc2bfc176f.jpg

Advertisement
Couldn't get through even two minutes of that garbage. Pete is a class act, but I'm not sure why he even validated them by going on there. Even if you discount all the bashing, it's just a few dudes trying to talk over each other the entire time with no real substance. Just one of the worst podcasts I've ever heard, as OP said

I got a chance to listen to you on the SOTU podcast yesterday and came away very impressed. Having listened to all of your podcast on this site, I was already aware of your ability to analyze/breakdown players skill sets, conduct solid interviews, and provide valuable insight regarding our football program. Last night, none of the previous mentioned is why I came away even more impressed with you. It was your professionalism, especially for a 22 year old, that was truly impressive.

First of all, that had to be the worst podcast that I have ever listened to in my entire life, including podcast that is not even sports related. It was like 3 or 4 people all trying to talk at the same time. That podcast was more crowded than a baptist church on Easter Sunday. They provided no insight whatsoever, displayed a high level of ignorance, and seemed to be as prepared as Ben Carson in front of a Senate Committee. I eventually ended up fast forwarding to the 36 minute mark when you joined the podcast. However, right before you joined the podcast the SOTU crew began to call you names and mock your abilities (not sure if you were aware of that or not). One idiot kept referring to you as a liar, both prior to you joining the show and during your interview. That same idiot even began to make fun of your actual birth name!

During the podcast, I could barely hear what you had to say because not only were they talking over you, but they were having sidebar conversations while you were speaking. I honestly thought that the entire thing was a joke and I was just missing the punch line. Nevertheless, through all of the shade that they threw your way as well as the lack of professionalism that they had towards you, you carried yourself like a true professional, but even more importantly, like a decent human being. I am 35 years old (13 years your senior) and I don't believe that I could have shown the same level of discipline that you displayed while amongst imbeciles.

I am not one to bash other cane websites because it is my hope that all of them have the same intention, which is to provide news and forums for those of us who seek to partake in such endeavors. Of course, all of the cane websites do not have the greatest of intentions (I see you Gary WormMan). Last night was just a reminder to me why if it is Canes related, I spend 99% of my time on this site.

Once again, great stuff my man! I appreciate what you do!

PS: I know that I am going to get killed on here for this thread. LOL.

U r 'spot on' in ur analysis. The were complete fools, a complete embarrassment. I kinda wish Peter would have walked on them.

Couldn't get through even two minutes of that garbage. Pete is a class act, but I'm not sure why he even validated them by going on there. Even if you discount all the bashing, it's just a few dudes trying to talk over each other the entire time with no real substance. Just one of the worst podcasts I've ever heard, as OP said

Amen!

Advertisement
Pete - if you jump into a pool with dumbasses - you will be demonstrating your affinity for dumbasses.

Don't do that.

Stay above that crap.

Its simple. Pete went on there because they have a larger audience. Im not sure how many people actually visit Canesinsight or SOTU, but judging based off Twitter, SOTU has almost twice as many followers, and follows only a quarter of the people as CIS does. And even Pete has less of a following than SOUT does, which is ridiculous. But the reason is because SOTU is on SBNation, and they just produce more content (including tweets).

SOTU has storys like "How the Miami offense can utilize Braxton Berrios". Whereas CIS really only posts news updates, mainly about recruiting. It relies on the people to use the forum to discuss most of the aspects of the program. And ultimately, I don't think Pete, Dmoney, lu or whoever really want to be a site that posts stories like that because this is like a FUBU thing where its for fans by fans, so it's just going to rely on people to use the forum to get all that content. But imo if CIS wants to be the main Canes board the first thing they should do is begin tweeting more. Don't care how little of you guys say you don't use Twitter, a **** load of people do use Twitter, and if you're looking for Canes news on there, SOTU or 247 are pretty much going to be the sources that appear most often which attracts more viewers.

SOTU has like 100k tweets, whereas Canesinsight has like 17k, and even if you account for the fact that SOTU was on twitter earlier, it still shows the difference between the two. Also, most of Canesinsights tweets are retweets, which means its not their actual content. Actually, I think the only time the Canesinsight twitter actually posts their own thoughts its just to tell everyone they have a news update.

Just seems to me Someone needs to take full control of the Twitter handle and start tweeting more. Also, you should get [MENTION=15646]hardwoodhurricanes[/MENTION] to take over the CIS twitter account during basketball games instead of using his own handle to live tweet the basketball game. And you should probably do the same thing with baseball and football games. CIS just need to get more active on Twitter. Will result in more viewers, guaranteed.

Pete also asks the best questions to get insightful answers from recruits and also make them feel comfortable speaking since most of them are a little rugged in that department

Advertisement
Back