Props to you Peter Ariz

Never understood why any self-respecting Cane would sully their reputation by discussing college football
with non-Canes, especially with central and north Florida trash who don't support the Canes.
Bad move Pete.
You should have known better than to venture into the trailer-park.

Advertisement
I'd like to see that Slick douchebag challenge Peteybrow to a dance off.

Then we'll see who's boss.

Never understood why any self-respecting Cane would sully their reputation by discussing college football
with non-Canes, especially with central and north Florida trash who don't support the Canes.
Bad move Pete.

You can't be serious, right?

Bad move Pete.

You can't be serious, right?

What is it so hard to understand?
There is absolutely no reason to engage with a nole or **** on anything pertaining to college athletics. They are garbage. Same with the cHokie, state Penn and especially with the Notre Dame crowd.
There, better?
If it bothers you and your fellow downvoting snowflakes than so be it.

Advertisement
Couldn't get through even two minutes of that garbage. Pete is a class act, but I'm not sure why he even validated them by going on there. Even if you discount all the bashing, it's just a few dudes trying to talk over each other the entire time with no real substance. Just one of the worst podcasts I've ever heard, as OP said

Its simple. Pete went on there because they have a larger audience. Im not sure how many people actually visit Canesinsight or SOTU, but judging based off Twitter, SOTU has almost twice as many followers, and follows only a quarter of the people as CIS does. And even Pete has less of a following than SOUT does, which is ridiculous. But the reason is because SOTU is on SBNation, and they just produce more content (including tweets).

SOTU has storys like "How the Miami offense can utilize Braxton Berrios". Whereas CIS really only posts news updates, mainly about recruiting. It relies on the people to use the forum to discuss most of the aspects of the program. And ultimately, I don't think Pete, Dmoney, lu or whoever really want to be a site that posts stories like that because this is like a FUBU thing where its for fans by fans, so it's just going to rely on people to use the forum to get all that content. But imo if CIS wants to be the main Canes board the first thing they should do is begin tweeting more. Don't care how little of you guys say you don't use Twitter, a **** load of people do use Twitter, and if you're looking for Canes news on there, SOTU or 247 are pretty much going to be the sources that appear most often which attracts more viewers.

SOTU has like 100k tweets, whereas Canesinsight has like 17k, and even if you account for the fact that SOTU was on twitter earlier, it still shows the difference between the two. Also, most of Canesinsights tweets are retweets, which means its not their actual content. Actually, I think the only time the Canesinsight twitter actually posts their own thoughts its just to tell everyone they have a news update.

Just seems to me Someone needs to take full control of the Twitter handle and start tweeting more. Also, you should get [MENTION=15646]hardwoodhurricanes[/MENTION] to take over the CIS twitter account during basketball games instead of using his own handle to live tweet the basketball game. And you should probably do the same thing with baseball and football games. CIS just need to get more active on Twitter. Will result in more viewers, guaranteed.

The podcast sucked but I enjoy both state of the u articles and this site. Both free and pro cane

SOTU sucks ****s and is staffed by idiots with tiny cranks. Pete should not appear with clowns like dat. F**k the number of tweets, CIS is much better.

I also extend my props Pete. I've also started a podcast and appreciate any support you guys can provide. Thanks.

goo.gl/P0HnFq

What big Pete Ariz fan here What

What I appreciate the way pete recruits the kids with his interviews What

What it's subtle but effective What

Advertisement
Couldn't get through even two minutes of that garbage. Pete is a class act, but I'm not sure why he even validated them by going on there. Even if you discount all the bashing, it's just a few dudes trying to talk over each other the entire time with no real substance. Just one of the worst podcasts I've ever heard, as OP said

Its simple. Pete went on there because they have a larger audience. Im not sure how many people actually visit Canesinsight or SOTU, but judging based off Twitter, SOTU has almost twice as many followers, and follows only a quarter of the people as CIS does. And even Pete has less of a following than SOUT does, which is ridiculous. But the reason is because SOTU is on SBNation, and they just produce more content (including tweets).

SOTU has storys like "How the Miami offense can utilize Braxton Berrios". Whereas CIS really only posts news updates, mainly about recruiting. It relies on the people to use the forum to discuss most of the aspects of the program. And ultimately, I don't think Pete, Dmoney, lu or whoever really want to be a site that posts stories like that because this is like a FUBU thing where its for fans by fans, so it's just going to rely on people to use the forum to get all that content. But imo if CIS wants to be the main Canes board the first thing they should do is begin tweeting more. Don't care how little of you guys say you don't use Twitter, a **** load of people do use Twitter, and if you're looking for Canes news on there, SOTU or 247 are pretty much going to be the sources that appear most often which attracts more viewers.

SOTU has like 100k tweets, whereas Canesinsight has like 17k, and even if you account for the fact that SOTU was on twitter earlier, it still shows the difference between the two. Also, most of Canesinsights tweets are retweets, which means its not their actual content. Actually, I think the only time the Canesinsight twitter actually posts their own thoughts its just to tell everyone they have a news update.

Just seems to me Someone needs to take full control of the Twitter handle and start tweeting more. Also, you should get [MENTION=15646]hardwoodhurricanes[/MENTION] to take over the CIS twitter account during basketball games instead of using his own handle to live tweet the basketball game. And you should probably do the same thing with baseball and football games. CIS just need to get more active on Twitter. Will result in more viewers, guaranteed.

Lol. If you check the numbers I can promise you our traffic is much better than SOTU.

Advertisement
Bad move Pete.

I used to discuss it all the time with a guy who played at FSU in the 70s (pre-Bowden). He was as fair as you can get.
He told me he wanted to go to Miami, but they never offered. Talking to him was lie talking to a Cane fan. Also discussed football with a big gator fan (friend of Jeremy Foley). The discussions were civil, but there was always an undercurrent of hostility - both ways.

i...i... actually like both CIS and SOTU.

Petey and Cam.

I do too, but SOTU isn't trying to do the same thing. They seem content to kind of collect info from Pete and others, provide updates every week or so, while also adding limited original content on very general stuff. SOTU is for a more casual fan. CIS is for the fans who want to know as soon as things happen if not before.

I'm just a junkie for any and all Canes content I can get. I'm not loyal to any one site over another.

Advertisement

Lol. If you check the numbers I can promise you our traffic is much better than SOTU.

Well thats good to hear, but I think everything I said (except for that 2nd sentence) is still true. You should still post more on the CIS twitter handle and live tweet the games. CIS should be the #1 Canes follow on twitter.

Pete's right. CIS is ranked ~31,000 in the US while SOTU is ranked ~90,000.

"Pete's right. CIS is ranked ~31,000 in the US while SOTU is ranked ~90,000."

I know numbers don't lie, but CIS is #1 in my book!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back