Proof of Randomness in College Baseball

Funny, though, a lot of other teams manage to beat a higher seed occasionally and they don't whine about the bracket. Not us.

And many of those things play higher seeds much more frequently than we do.

And how do you know this? You always do things like this. You must troll every message board on Earth looking for teams "whining" about the bracket.

You missed the part about beating those higher seeds. While you were whining about being sent to Gainesville for a Super Regional, South Carolina simply went on the road and beat their national seed opponent.

Advertisement
You missed the point, as expected.

No I didn't.

You've been making this same point forever.

Only beating higher seeds is an actual achievement. It's been one of the pillars of your argument.

Being one of the best teams in the country and getting a national seed is a detriment to "accomplishing" things according to Jagr.

There you go talking about 3 of the past 11 seasons. No mention of the other eight. Weird.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One off sample size. Embarrassing.

Now you're showing that you don't understand sample sizes.

The 2010 team was only seeded once and therefore a critique of that seeding is representative.

I've also critiqued the seeding in other single seasons (like 2008).

Advertisement
While you were whining about being sent to Gainesville for a Super Regional, South Carolina simply went on the road and beat their national seed opponent.

Two 1-run wins against a lower national seed in Coastal Carolina.

Miami would've had a better chance of advancing if matched with Coastal Carolina.

And 1 single game gave Georgia Tech a significant advantage over Miami.

Advertisement
In just those seasons? No I cannot. Can I find someone who is his equal in every season in the past decade? Absolutely.

So you're saying that you can find another manager who is 7-for-7 in getting national seeds to Omaha?

Do it then.

I'll give you a head start.

It's not Kevin O'Sullivan, Brian O'Connor or Dan McDonnell.

Advertisement
Back