Projected spring depth chart

Troutman could crack 3 deep. Apparently he is really impressing the staff and on a mission. That translates to the field and he should def be in the 3 deep with this group.

Advertisement
Troutman could crack 3 deep. Apparently he is really impressing the staff and on a mission. That translates to the field and he should def be in the 3 deep with this group.
I hope he’s gotten bigger, but Troutman seems like a guy that Steele would love

The ACC

Thank you, sir…I didn’t know that.

I still think he’s a poor performer on the line (can’t play Tackle, doesn’t get any movement inside at G).

He’s very limited strength-wise, and doesn’t appear to fit what the new philosophy is for the program.

I think Brashard Smith becomes a real weapon whether it be at slot, in motion and in the backfield. He will be our Swiss Army knife on offense.

I am not sure what any of us know about Ladson other than he has the size and speed and potential to give us a boost at a position we lack size in.
He may be getting love because he was such a highly regarded recruit but he may also be getting a lot of love because we have had a history of WRs coming in from other schools and playing well. Rambo and Osborn were truly great reinforcements. Ladson has more pure physical talent and potential than either of them.

Last edited:
Interesting switch to make on the Oline is put Campbell at OG (where he actually played much bettter) and put Rivers at RT.

Zion
Campbell
Clark
Tupo
Rivers

We will see what the staff thinks about rivers ability to play T soon enough.

Advertisement
That's not a lineup that has a high probability of winning the Coastal and playing Clemson strong. Lines and CB look average. LB position is unacceptable.

Portal needs: MLB, RT, CB, DE ... possibly 1 OG, 1 DT, a second LB and a second CB.

Advertisement
Game 5 Crying GIF by WNBA
he might think hes getting punked

I think Mario overall leaves this Spring scratching his head and being in Mr Rodgers (new portal guy hire) hip pocket all Summer scouring the portal for talent. I know he wanted to give guys a chance first but we fans know what some of these kids can and cant do and if Mario is setting a new precedent of elite level talent across all positions..he will soon find out alot of these kids dont fit that bill. Mentally alot of them are shot as well.

There is just no way you can go into this season with no portal DE, LB and CB. Cant happen. You are setting Steele up for failure already. Especially at CB an DE. If the light comes on for Chase Smith and Keontra come Fall ball then I think we are set at LB. Especially with Steed, Brooks and TAC. Throw in Frierson and its not THAT bad.

There is alot to like about the depth chart though..(RB, WR, TE, DT, Safety and obviously, QB)

Advertisement
OFFENSE
WR 0 Brinson, Romello SO ---15 George, Jacolby SO
WR 1 Ladson Jr., Frank JR --- 12 Smith, Brashard SO
WR 5 Smith, Key'Shawn SO --- 7 Restrepo, Xavier SO
LT 60 Nelson, Zion JR --- 79 McLaughlin, Michael FR
LG 64 Rivers, Jalen FR --- 50 Seymore, Laurence FR
OC 61 Sagapolu, Logan FR --- 76 Rodriguez, Ryan FR
RG 51 Scaife, DJ JR --- 53 Clark, Jakai JR
RT 70 Oluwaseun, Justice SR --- 74 Campbell, John, JR
TE 85 Mallory, Will SR --- 80 Arroyo, Elijah SO
QB 9 Van Dyke, Tyler SO --- 13 Garcia, Jake FR
RB 21 Parrish, Henry SO --- 4 Knighton, Jaylan SO

DEFENSE
DE 12 Harvey, Jahfari SO --- 33 Williams, Chantz SO
DT 56 Taylor, Leonard SO --- 96 Lichtenstein, Jake SR
DT 81 Harrison-Hunte, Jared SO --- 91 Miller, Jordan JR
DE 44 Moultrie, Antonio SR --- 99 Roberts, Elijah SO
WILL 41 Smith, Chase SO --- 17 Steed, Waynmon SR
MIKE 4 Smith, Keontra JR --- 51 Johnson, Tyler, SO
SAM 3 Frierson, Gilbert JR --- 1 Bissainthe, Wesley FR
CB 2 Stevenson, Tyrique JR --- 23 Couch, Te'Cory JR
S 0 Williams, James SO --- 24 Kinchens, Kamren SO
S 15 Williams, Avantae SO --- 29 Dunson, Isaiah SO
CB 7 Blades, Al JR --- 28 Clarke, Marcus SO

I don’t see how you think will Mallory is a bigger receiving threat than arroyo. It sounds like you’re just trying to get him snaps. Arroyo is better than both and he should be the starter. Avantae Williams and kam kitchens should be the starters at safety. Bump James Williams down to one of the backer spots. I also am tired of hearing Don Chaney’s name. Nothing suggest he should be getting snaps over Parrish and rooster, get in line and get to work brother, injuries suck but he gotta cut his teeth.

Advertisement
Holding out hope for the linebackers, now that they may actually receive proper coaching ( like how to tackle)

Question about RBs - It has been reported that Gattis really emphasized RBs who can make an impact in the passing game. That being said, which current back (or Citizen) fits the bill for this skillset?

This is a team that will be better in 2023 than 2022.

Finish 8-4
Land top 5 recruiting class in 2023. The young gunners all get older.

Our D will be primarily juniors and seniors and we go get the job done to finish 10-2 in 2023.

Then we finally take the next step in 2024 with the playoff birth and another top 5 recruiting class

Advertisement
Back