Program Level of "Commitment"

I know this is perhaps an unpopular topic, but I think it's the heart of the whole issue. Alabama has always done it under Saban and UGA and CU have recently followed suit since 2014. As I watch The Semenholes operate since the Norvell hire I really believe that modern college football requires so much money from administration and boosters, legitimate spending and even more so illegitimate, we are not willing - or perhaps more aptly - able to compete at that level. We simply do not have deep enough pockets to consistently win at 1. recruiting 2. facilities 3. coaching hires, etc. that we will forever be at such a disadvantage that hoping for more than a run to 10 wins every 3-5 years to unrealistic. As I said in the other thread, the return of a Terry/Wilson is eerily similiar to last years Lawrence/Wilkins, etc returns to Clemson that it tells me they have decided to go all in. I wish that we would or could as well. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Winning is definitely not the #1 priority of this school, and for that reason alone we'll never compete with the elite.

I mean, when your ******* student council can decide the fate of a football player then you know your program has no hope. You think Saban would entertain the thought of some ******* nerds determining the fate of his starting running back?

Advertisement
Too long to read. Tip. Simple declarative sentences when making a point.
More simply. We will not get enough money from boosters and buy in from administration to cheat at the necessary level to ever be relevant again. It looks like FSU has decided to do that now. Is there an possibility that we would choose to do the same and how to we elicit such change?

I know this is perhaps an unpopular topic, but I think it's the heart of the whole issue. Alabama has always done it under Saban and UGA and CU have recently followed suit since 2014. As I watch The Semenholes operate since the Norvell hire I really believe that modern college football requires so much money from administration and boosters, legitimate spending and even more so illegitimate, we are not willing - or perhaps more aptly - able to compete at that level. We simply do not have deep enough pockets to consistently win at 1. recruiting 2. facilities 3. coaching hires, etc. that we will forever be at such a disadvantage that hoping for more than a run to 10 wins every 3-5 years to unrealistic. As I said in the other thread, the return of a Terry/Wilson is eerily similiar to last years Lawrence/Wilkins, etc returns to Clemson that it tells me they have decided to go all in. I wish that we would or could as well. Thoughts?

1577725687192.gif

Advertisement
853D266C-CB69-4F74-A660-557C689F76CA.jpeg

Last edited:
This is funny, we don’t have to spend at the bama Clemson levels but we need to spend better than the lower level programs that are consistently beating us!!! More excuses from bot types and Blake James folks. We recruit with the best of them given what we’ve looked like the past two decades. We lost out on l”lower” level players because of incompetent coaching. Fix the leadership at the top and we go somewhere huge

Advertisement
This is funny, we don’t have to spend at the bama Clemson levels but we need to spend better than the lower level programs that are consistently beating us!!! More excuses from bot types and Blake James folks. We recruit with the best of them given what we’ve looked like the past two decades. We lost out on l”lower” level players because of incompetent coaching. Fix the leadership at the top and we go somewhere huge

I think we can spend but you are correct that if money is not well spent it will not make a difference.

Advertisement
Great original idea. Never heard this before. Congrats on creating a new thread.

Great original idea. Never heard this before. Congrats on creating a new thread.
The point being what might compel a change in this direction. Have we thought about CiS creating a donation conduit to the program rather than years of "Fly the banner" fundraisers and Billboard ideas which make us look even worse?

Advertisement
Back