Problems with 2014 ACC Schedule with 14 teams and ND in 2015

condor

Senior
So how is the ACC's schedule with 14 teams in 2014 going to work if we only play 8 ACC games during the regular season?

Miami will have to play all six of the other teams in the Coastal. If Miami still plays the FSU (Coastal) game each year that means it would only be one extra ACC game each year from the Coastal. So it would take 6 years on rotation to play everyone else in the Coastal. The only way that works is for FSU and UM to be in the same Coastal or Atlantic division or drop that game. I think the ACC will have to move to 9 games conference schedule like the PAC and B12.

However Miami will play Notre Dame like every ACC team every 3 years. In a Nine ACC game schedule that would be in the ND years would give us 5 home and 5 road games. That leaves only 2 extra OOC games during the ND years and most teams want to schedule 7 home games. Good OOC games require home and home contracts. Forget playing tough OOC games if the ACC moves to Nine games.

Think we got it bad FSU & Clemson would have one of their OOC state rival games with UF & USC every year that going to make it even harder for them playing OOC schedules. So FSU & Clemson in their ND road year with UF every year would only give them 6 home games with one being a Little Sister of the Blind teams that won't require a Home and Home contract.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're IN the Coastal. We play all Coastal teams each year. It's the Atlantic teams it will take forever to cycle through.

Advertisement
I hate that Syracuse isn't in the Coastal. Closest team in the ACC to me. I really want to watch a Canes game in the Carrier Dome.

Advertisement
ND better jump in a conference quick. Not having a conference game to play may come to bite them in the *** with the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back