Pro-Canes getting PAID

Advertisement
▪ The Indiana Pacers decided to sign second-round pick Isaiah Wong to a two-way contract (limiting him to 50 games) instead of a standard deal. Indiana is deep at shooting guard with fellow Cane Bruce Brown (signed away from Denver with a two-year, $45 million deal), second-year standout Bennedict Mathurin and Andrew Nembhard. Wong could be converted to a standard contract at any time. Meanwhile, Jordan Miller — also a second-round in last month’s draft — makes his Clippers summer league debut on Saturday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article277008773.html#storylink=cpy

▪ The Indiana Pacers decided to sign second-round pick Isaiah Wong to a two-way contract (limiting him to 50 games) instead of a standard deal. Indiana is deep at shooting guard with fellow Cane Bruce Brown (signed away from Denver with a two-year, $45 million deal), second-year standout Bennedict Mathurin and Andrew Nembhard. Wong could be converted to a standard contract at any time. Meanwhile, Jordan Miller — also a second-round in last month’s draft — makes his Clippers summer league debut on Saturday.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article277008773.html#storylink=cpy
Sounds like Wong has an uphill battle to make the Pacers. Bruce Brown signing really makes it hard.

Advertisement
Sounds like Wong has an uphill battle to make the Pacers. Bruce Brown signing really makes it hard.
Yeah but if not with the Pacers, Wong will make someone’s team in the next 1-2 years. The nice thing about G-League is it is basically a tryout for every team in the NBA. Wong will light up the G-League.

Walker on the move

I'm happy for Walker but man, would have loved to have kept him in LA. Felt like he played well off of Lakers lineups as a true scoring 2. Lebron isn't that anymore but in spurts, AD doesn't do it consistently enough, so having a true SG who can create like LW4 was a great piece to have. Best of luck to him in Brooklyn, hope his role expands.

I'm happy for Walker but man, would have loved to have kept him in LA. Felt like he played well off of Lakers lineups as a true scoring 2. Lebron isn't that anymore but in spurts, AD doesn't do it consistently enough, so having a true SG who can create like LW4 was a great piece to have. Best of luck to him in Brooklyn, hope his role expands.
Playing in LA vs Bklyn is night and day. Even if he does OK with the Nets, no one except Bklyn fans will know or care. (The Nets are a very distant second in the NY market to the Knicks.) The Lakers gave him a world stage to play on, in terms of high profile teammates and location.

Advertisement
Playing in LA vs Bklyn is night and day. Even if he does OK with the Nets, no one except Bklyn fans will know or care. (The Nets are a very distant second in the NY market to the Knicks.) The Lakers gave him a world stage to play on, in terms of high profile teammates and location.
Oh I get that, trust me. I just think he wants more minutes and a more substantial role than he would have gotten in LA going forward. I think the minutes and responsibility would have gotten bigger this coming season, but the surest shot between the two teams is in Brooklyn for what Lonnie apparently wants. I wish he was still a Laker, but I can't fault him for the decision to have a bigger role elsewhere.

1688874212774.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back