Pro Canes 2022

Advertisement

Good article on Brevin. But a just lovely quote in here as well:

Despite all of that, Jordan acknowledges he did not live up to the high school hype during his time with the Miami Hurricanes. Although his receiving yards increased yearly (287 in 2018, 495 in 2019 and 576 in 2020), he left some things on the table.

“Just me not being a pro in college. I'm coming in late, like 3, 4 o'clock in the morning, then going into meetings,” Jordan said. “Just not eating right, eating McDonald's in college.”

Despite all of that, Jordan acknowledges he did not live up to the high school hype during his time with the Miami Hurricanes. Although his receiving yards increased yearly (287 in 2018, 495 in 2019 and 576 in 2020), he left some things on the table.

“Just me not being a pro in college. I'm coming in late, like 3, 4 o'clock in the morning, then going into meetings,” Jordan said. “Just not eating right, eating McDonald's in college.”
Al Golden said “be a cheeseburger”

Brevin said

Watch This GIF

Advertisement

Et tu Brute?

I'm just not surprised anymore that this stuff happened when he was at Miami. Feels like the same **** has happened every year since the Coker days.

Tired Over It GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

Advertisement

Legit; none of this chit surprises me anymore.

Legit; none of this chit surprises me anymore.

I hate to do this, but I wonder if this is more of a byproduct of Miami than it is a certain staff or a certain kid.

I know there are kids at every school who are essentially professionals, and there are also kids who are immature and party too much, don't do things "the right way", etc.

But I just wonder if the latter is more prevalent at a school like Miami because there are just so many more things you can get into. Again, not saying the culture didn't suck, not saying this isn't fully on Brevin, or anything like that. You get an athletic scholarship to play big-boy football and you have NFL aspirations, you need to behave a certain way. It's on you to do what you need to do in your free time to give yourself the best chance for success. But, for anyone who has spent time in South Florida as a young person, there are a LOT of ways to stumble in the door at 3 or 4 am. It's really, really easy. I just wonder if sometimes these small towns with a lot more eyes and a lot less things to do have somewhat of a built in advantage in the sense that it's a little easier to stay in line.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back