PRO CANES 2020

Advertisement
They're not mutually exclusive, but college football championships should be the number one priority over NFL preparation. Did Ken Dorsey and Gino Torretta suck because they had minimal NFL careers? Most college football players, even on good teams will never see an NFL snap.

If we develop great NFL talent, we will compete for ships. You mentioned Ken Dorsey without mentioning the FIVE 1st rounders he threw to... Willis Mac, CP, or the HOFer he handed off to. It matters. No need for me to Even argue this. Great NFL level development and winning NCs is Miami.

These are Diaz’s players, since 2016. This has been his def scheme since 2016. Diaz may be the new “head coach”, but make no mistake about it, these have been his guys since 2016. We have 5 yrs of data w/ him.

We actually have more than that - and so does the NFL. Texas, Miss St, and now Miami. People want to whine and moan about it - but Diaz’s No Gap obviously isn’t being lauded at the next level. Will more high twitch guys change his success ratio? Possibly. But everybody knows the history- and everybody knows his initial staff was super cheeks.

Advertisement
It’s a talent gap.

We’ve been getting Top 10-30 guys in So Fl for the most part, not Top 1-10. And that’s showing up in NFL results. Most of our guys make it to a practice squad. A good chunk make a team but not too many are starting more than a year or two. Some like Redwine outperform expectations. But Very few pro bowlers this past decade.

Rousseau really is a difference maker. Phillips can be a difference maker. Those two freshmen RBs are difference makers. I think a few in this 2021 class are at that level. We need more. Otherwise Frank and Callais Campbell are going to keep on having to play and repping the U for another decade.

In fairness to manny. 2017 was his first real class. He found himself at lest one first round draft pick in GR. Let’s see what else he can do with his guys.

It’s a talent gap.

We’ve been getting Top 10-30 guys in So Fl for the most part, not Top 1-10. And that’s showing up in NFL results. Most of our guys make it to a practice squad. A good chunk make a team but not too many are starting more than a year or two. Some like Redwine outperform expectations. But Very few pro bowlers this past decade.

Rousseau really is a difference maker. Phillips can be a difference maker. Those two freshmen RBs are difference makers. I think a few in this 2021 class are at that level. We need more. Otherwise Frank and Callais Campbell are going to keep on having to play and repping the U for another decade.
I hear you, but then we can’t start saying a So Fl 3 star, is another area’s 4 or 5 star, either. Also, our talent is better than most. No, it’s not on Bama, LSU, OSU, Clemson, UGA level, but we are the 2nd most talented team, on paper, in the entire ACC now. Yet, our guys have been underperforming their rankings w/ the exceptions of few, including GR15 & Young.

What was the injury Jeff Thomas went into camp with? Guy hasn't played a down of football since the first week of December.

How could he be injured? Some kind of muscle pull? sprain? Makes no sense to me.

Advertisement
Its crazy to think how bad our offense has been the past 10 years. The only offensive players that get playing time are duke Johnson, Dorset, Heron and I guess you can say Homer. And those guys have only played small roles. The defensive talent has been very good.

Advertisement
Its crazy to think how bad our offense has been the past 10 years. The only offensive players that get playing time are duke Johnson, Dorset, Heron and I guess you can say Homer. And those guys have only played small roles. The defensive talent has been very good.
Njoku as well

I forgot about him. He never panned out though. Part of that was being in a bad offence. This year, he got replaced by Hooper
injuries have been an issue too...i think he may turn in a good season this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back