PRO CANES 2020

Advertisement

Remember this in 2019 ....and STILL To THIS DAY 2020 / COACH RUMPH In-steals nutritional values and leader ship to our team in teaching WITH PRIDE 🙌🏿

Last edited:
B617EE0C-E1DE-47AC-A6A6-AEDAD9120242.jpeg

Advertisement
Taking initiative to help get rookies up to speed amid unique circumstances, Wilson hosted calls and engaged in group messages with Seattle's 2020 class throughout the spring. Early on, Dallas emerged as one of the leaders of the group, which stood out to the franchise quarterback. "We have alot of great rookies" Wilson commented. "But he was really the one who took charge of it all."

Through the first two weeks of camp, Dallas has been even better than anticipated, particularly when it comes to catching the ball out of the backfield. On a daily basis, he has shown a knack for creating plays running between the tackles, powering through all the "rookie treatment" veteran defenders can throw at him, as well as racking up yardage after the catch in space and in traffic.
"He's caught the ball extremely well, he runs it well, he's got great vision," Wilson assessed. "He just brings great enthusiasm to the game, so I've been fired up about DeeJay and he's one of my favorite guys on the team as a rookie. He's been special for us."
Carroll agreed, and though carries will be hard to come by with Carson, fellow veteran Carlos Hyde, Homer, and eventually Penny vying for snaps, the rookie hasn't backed down and looks squarely in the mix for the Seahawks third-down role as well as return duties with less than a month until the season opener in Atlanta.
"He's right in it. He's getting involved in special teams, it's going to be a big factor for him. But I'm surprised it's been so clear that he fits in in the throwing game. Not that he hasn't run the ball well - he's done fine there too - but probably ahead of where we would have expected him in the throwing game."

Dallas is one of my favorite Canes. I hope he and Homer end up #1 and #2 (no particular order) with the Hawks. No surprise he's doing well in the passing game as he was a wide receiver to with us to start. Kid is just a baller.

Advertisement
Looking forward to watching Homer and Deejay for the Seahawks, Homer did really well for them late last year in some big time games and the fans like him

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back