Prison Showers for a Seminole: New Travis Rudolph thread

Awesome. Thank you. Yea, law is interesting to me for protection and personal use. I like finding rules and regulations I can exploit to my advantage honestly. A lot of people don’t read find print. I always found that stuff interesting and would always site regulations I found. Plus being a guy who’s worked in unions I always read my contract from front to back and made use of it. The guys at work wanted me to be their steward at one point. Appreciate it.

Wow, I had no idea. Yes, I had relatives who were active in their union when they worked at Anheuser-Busch, my uncle was the union treasurer. I would definitely consider purchasing a study guide to start out. I'll say, @No_Fly_Zone is correct that the Nutshells are good, but I think that if you are a non-attorney looking through a book, the Emanuel is organized more like an outline and would be easier to read and bookmark.

I'm providing a link below to the publisher for Emanuel's, but it doesn't look like there is one for Labor & Employment Law. If you are close to a law school, I would go to the bookstore on campus, and explain what you are looking for and they should be able to help.

Advertisement
That's a crock of BS....Kid was minding his business eating skittles and drinking an Ice tea when Zimmerman started following him home, after being told by a police dispatcher not to. Kid should've smashed that Racist POS head in.

Exactly. It was all a made-up story after the fact to justify the murder.

Zimmerman was LEAVING the gated condo complex, decided to turn around and come back into the complex, and then followed Trayvon for blocks when all the kid was doing was walking. Zimmerman jumped Trayvon a hundred feet or so from his Dad's apartment and murdered him even after the police told him not to follow (since the police substation is less than a mile north of the Kohl's, by the Wal-Mart).

I know this area, I lived within a half-mile AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER. Zero crime. Lake Mary city limit is a few hundred yards south of that gated complex.

1686318287107.png

1686318442170.png

1686319163109.png

Last edited:
This is a bit unfair. I don't dispute the fact that he clearly lost it that night.

But, the circumstances were very unique. Four wannabe thugs showed up armed at his widowed mother's doorstep after midnight thirsting for trouble.

To my knowledge, this was his first major run in with the law.

He's not a street dude. He comes from a good family.

That said, he clearly needs reevaluate some of his personal associations.
Thankfully, I have never been in the situation he was in, but I like to think I would have reacted similar to how he did and defended myself and family. I hopefully wouldn’t have fired 30 something shots in a neighborhood.

As you said, He displays poor judgement by getting himself tied up with a girl like that and he handled ending that pretty poorly.

And again, he displayed poor judgement by posting that video. The video to me seems like he thinks he’s untouchable, has a false sense of security/superiority.

Pattern of poor judgement and appearance of false sense of security in my experience and education leads to bad choices

Exactly. There were no "head pummeled into concrete" injuries on the back of Zimmerman's head. It was all a made-up story after the fact to justify the murder.

Zimmerman was LEAVING the gated condo complex, decided to turn around and come back into the complex, and then followed Trayvon for blocks when all the kid was doing was walking. Zimmerman jumped Trayvon a hundred feet or so from his Dad's apartment and murdered him even after the police told him not to follow (since the police substation is less than a mile north of the Kohl's, by the Wal-Mart).

I know this area, I lived within a half-mile AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER. Zero crime. Lake Mary city limit is a few hundred yards south of that gated complex.

View attachment 241250

View attachment 241251
Trayvon was on the phone with GF, and told her this guy was following him. Zimmerman has been arrested 4 times since. Zimmerman was the only neighborhood watchman that had a gun...and others didn't like it, or him.

Wow, I had no idea. Yes, I had relatives who were active in their union when they worked at Anheuser-Busch, my uncle was the union treasurer. I would definitely consider purchasing a study guide to start out. I'll say, @No_Fly_Zone is correct that the Nutshells are good, but I think that if you are a non-attorney looking through a book, the Emanuel is organized more like an outline and would be easier to read and bookmark.

I'm providing a link below to the publisher for Emanuel's, but it doesn't look like there is one for Labor & Employment Law. If you are close to a law school, I would go to the bookstore on campus, and explain what you are looking for and they should be able to help.

Much appreciated!

Advertisement
Trayvon was on the phone with GF, and told her this guy was following him. Zimmerman has been arrested 4 times since. Zimmerman was the only neighborhood watchman that had a gun...and others didn't like it, or him.

Yep. You and I have seen this a million times in Florida. People who think they can handle themselves "because they own a gun" and who act like law enforcement doesn't help. Then they start walking around acting like they can tell you when you should be cutting your grass or telling you that you're not allowed to have a particular shade of paint on your house.

I can't recall if you met my brother at the Miami-Florida game, but he carries a pistol all the time. In his business, he goes into houses and businesses all over Central Florida, good neighborhoods and bad. Has never had to shoot his gun once (he's pulled it a few times).

Too many people think that Step One is "blast until the magazine is empty". Bunch of scared pussies.

And for the record, that applies to cops as well. The very best manage to both unholster their pistols AND talk people down from confrontations.

Yep. You and I have seen this a million times in Florida. People who think they can handle themselves "because they own a gun" and who act like law enforcement doesn't help. Then they start walking around acting like they can tell you when you should be cutting your grass or telling you that you're not allowed to have a particular shade of paint on your house.

I can't recall if you met my brother at the Miami-Florida game, but he carries a pistol all the time. In his business, he goes into houses and businesses all over Central Florida, good neighborhoods and bad. Has never had to shoot his gun once (he's pulled it a few times).

Too many people think that Step One is "blast until the magazine is empty". Bunch of scared pussies.

And for the record, that applies to cops as well. The very best manage to both unholster their pistols AND talk people down from confrontations.

My philosophy is never pull a gun, unless you plan to use it.

Advertisement
And are prepared for the outcomes, including legal repercussions.

There are always outcomes, none of them good. But I just feel if you have the philosophy that you’re only going to pull a gun if you’re going to use it, you will be more judicious in your actions.

Back to this case, I have to be honest and say that if I were on the jury, it’s probably more likely that I would have leaned towards not guilty.

Having said that, I don’t think his actions were in the legal or technical sense, self-defense, in the true sense, nor were they true to the stand your ground principle or castle doctrine.

Had he killed every one of them, all three or four, however many there were, on his home grounds, I think, technically he might be on very solid legal ground.

Correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t followed this that closely, did he actually run into the street and fire into a car that was driving away from the scene?

Advertisement
Back