Prison Showers for a Seminole: New Travis Rudolph thread

You can't post that without a pic.

fee52bce4998b0feda8a101a1aeef5fd-original.jpg

Advertisement
check out the date. he got his BMW out of impound the day before that. still had evidence tape on every door

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_110039_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_110039_Messenger.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 33
While all the extra ****ing was unnecessary, thank you for the explanation. The explanation itself would have sufficed.

Fair enough. I've never been mad at you, but it can get frustrating when someone tries to present the legal answer previously (in the thread that got locked) and some people (not saying you personally) don't want to listen to the legalities. If I transferred my "old thread" frustration to the new thread, that's on me.

Glad that you could use the explanation as intended. That's all I've said all along. Not every factual situation is the same and/or will result in a similar outcome, particularly in a criminal trial.

Fair enough. I've never been mad at you, but it can get frustrating when someone tries to present the legal answer previously (in the thread that got locked) and some people (not saying you personally) don't want to listen to the legalities. If I transferred my "old thread" frustration to the new thread, that's on me.

Glad that you could use the explanation as intended. That's all I've said all along. Not every factual situation is the same and/or will result in a similar outcome, particularly in a criminal trial.
You a lawyer by trade?

Advertisement
UM Law, Florida LL.M. in Tax. I don't litigate, but I have many close friends who do. Great stories.

I've handled some tax diputes, but nothing in criminal court.
I figured as such. If someone wanted to study law for themselves minus law school what book(s) would you recommend?

I was pretty confident he would be found not guilty as I posted in the last thread. Florida has that ****ed up *** stand your ground law and the George Zimmerman case set a precedence afterward so...yea.
ya well Zimmerman had his head pummeled into the concrete.. Maybe if you dont do that to a human with a gun you might be alive.

Somebody needs to make a Criminoles Giff with Rudolph and put it on Nole message boards.

Advertisement
I figured as such. If someone wanted to study law for themselves minus law school what book(s) would you recommend?

Wow, I've never thought about that. That's a good question.

I don't know of many "non-criminal-law" books. I'd imagine that books on contract law or tax law are not very interesting... 🤣

One book that I've read that I would recommend is "Helter Skelter" by Vincent Bugliosi. I realize that he became a bit of an over-the-top media personality, but when he wrote Helter Skelter it was shortly after he successfully prosecuted Charles Manson. There were a LOT of people who doubted he could get a conviction, and there's a lot of good stuff in that book about how he had to build the case, even though Manson was not present at the murder scenes.

Another very good author is Scott Turow. He wrote the non-fiction book "One L" about his first year of law school at Harvard, and he also wrote the fiction book "Presumed Innocent", which was made into a Harrison Ford movie.

Now, those books I've cited are about being a law student and a lawyer. When I looked at your question again, I thought you might also be interested in learning the SUBSTANCE of the law. If so, then I would highly recommend a series of "outlines" or "study guides" called Emanuel's. There are different volumes of Emanuel's for all of the key law school subjects, including the "multistate" subjects like Contracts, Torts, Property, Evidence, Civ Pro, etc. as well as specialized subjects like Domestic Relations, Trusts & Estates, Commercial Paper, etc.

There are lots of different outlines and study guides available, and I have no idea if you have to buy printed versions (obviously, I did in the 1990s) or if you can find online versions too, but I found the Emanuel's to be the best organized and best written of all the study materials. I have no idea what the cost would be, but if you REALLY wanted to get a sense of a particular subject matter, I would take a look at an Emanuel. You might have to find a law school bookstore to take a look at one before you purchase. They are anywhere from 150 pages to 400 pages (or they were like that 25-30 years ago) and they are often very similar to the textbooks in the order in which they present topics.

Happy to answer any other questions, all the best in your studies.

He, supposedly, fired 39 shots... as a law enforcement professional, I'm amazed that is considered self defense. But, mind you, I'm not American
Doesn’t matter if it’s 1 shot or 100 shots. 4 dudes show up with actual proof they were sent to hurt you equals = you getting mag dumped.

And that’s how it should be.

I believe the saying is “**** around and find out”.

Advertisement

The Nutshell series is solid. Designed as a study aid for law students. Pick an area of the law that interests you and grab the "in a nutshell" for it. Probably wise to start with the fundamental courses (Constitutional law, Torts, Contracts, Property, Criminal law) and go from there.

I'm gonna start a 3.0 thread for this one titled WHO THE **** REALLY CARES... I'm gonna have one of our editors replace Tupac with Travis Rudolph on hit em up and I'll post the end result. Seems only right.

Wow, I've never thought about that. That's a good question.

I don't know of many "non-criminal-law" books. I'd imagine that books on contract law or tax law are not very interesting... 🤣

One book that I've read that I would recommend is "Helter Skelter" by Vincent Bugliosi. I realize that he became a bit of an over-the-top media personality, but when he wrote Helter Skelter it was shortly after he successfully prosecuted Charles Manson. There were a LOT of people who doubted he could get a conviction, and there's a lot of good stuff in that book about how he had to build the case, even though Manson was not present at the murder scenes.

Another very good author is Scott Turow. He wrote the non-fiction book "One L" about his first year of law school at Harvard, and he also wrote the fiction book "Presumed Innocent", which was made into a Harrison Ford movie.

Now, those books I've cited are about being a law student and a lawyer. When I looked at your question again, I thought you might also be interested in learning the SUBSTANCE of the law. If so, then I would highly recommend a series of "outlines" or "study guides" called Emanuel's. There are different volumes of Emanuel's for all of the key law school subjects, including the "multistate" subjects like Contracts, Torts, Property, Evidence, Civ Pro, etc. as well as specialized subjects like Domestic Relations, Trusts & Estates, Commercial Paper, etc.

There are lots of different outlines and study guides available, and I have no idea if you have to buy printed versions (obviously, I did in the 1990s) or if you can find online versions too, but I found the Emanuel's to be the best organized and best written of all the study materials. I have no idea what the cost would be, but if you REALLY wanted to get a sense of a particular subject matter, I would take a look at an Emanuel. You might have to find a law school bookstore to take a look at one before you purchase. They are anywhere from 150 pages to 400 pages (or they were like that 25-30 years ago) and they are often very similar to the textbooks in the order in which they present topics.

Happy to answer any other questions, all the best in your studies.
Awesome. Thank you. Yea, law is interesting to me for protection and personal use. I like finding rules and regulations I can exploit to my advantage honestly. A lot of people don’t read find print. I always found that stuff interesting and would always site regulations I found. Plus being a guy who’s worked in unions I always read my contract from front to back and made use of it. The guys at work wanted me to be their steward at one point. Appreciate it.

Advertisement
ya well Zimmerman had his head pummeled into the concrete.. Maybe if you dont do that to a human with a gun you might be alive.
Or not. Plenty of people are approached by someone with a gun, and run or do nothing and are subsequently shot and killed. Some fight back and are shot and killed or survive. Just pray that you don’t find yourself being approached by someone with a gun at night by yourself, while just rightfully walking home.

Last edited:
That's a crock of BS....Kid was minding his business eating skittles and drinking an Ice tea when Zimmerman started following him home, after being told by a police dispatcher not to. Kid should've smashed that Racist POS head in.

I have a feeling he will be back in the justice system sooner rather than later based on his video and actions during the incident

I have a feeling he will be back in the justice system sooner rather than later based on his video and actions during the incident

This is a bit unfair. I don't dispute the fact that he clearly lost it that night.

But, the circumstances were very unique. Four wannabe thugs showed up armed at his widowed mother's doorstep after midnight thirsting for trouble.

To my knowledge, this was his first major run in with the law.

He's not a street dude. He comes from a good family.

That said, he clearly needs reevaluate some of his personal associations.

Advertisement
Back