Priority WR Tyler Williams returns to campus

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Riverview (Fla.) Sumner WR Tyler Williams is not just another player on Miami’s board. He’s a major target, and it opened some eyes on Thursday when he visited for the second time in as many months.

I talked about Williams’s game and recruitment on today’s episode of the CanesInSight Daily Podcast:

DMoney: “Miami had a very, very interesting visit on Thursday from Tyler Williams, WR from Riverview, Florida. It’s spring break, the coaches...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Curious, once you or Pete write new articles on recruits, any chance of locking other thread like you do for commitments??

Imo, this board is so clustered with similar threads.

Advertisement
Easily looks like a 4 star. What kind of speed exactly? He obliterating a few angels in the film so looks at least adequate at the next level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The articles are better for search engines/revenue so we want to make sure people are clicking through. We will figure something out.
Honestly the "continue reading..." needs to be changed for better click through. It's way too easy to miss. It shouldn't look so similar to the actual article writing imo. But that's probably an andrew thing.

Also if it's tagged as an article, I don't know why it has the click through, it should just link to the the full article + comments rather than the threads, unless you're saying you like the double page view part... which is fine i guess

Advertisement
Curious, once you or Pete write new articles on recruits, any chance of locking other thread like you do for commitments??

Imo, this board is so clustered with similar threads.
It's not a good idea because the threads that Lindend starts are the most informative. Has the players 247 profile and highlights on the very first page. That's invaluable for somebody to look into the recruit.

Now if Dmoney were to add that to his posts of articles, then id say sure. But as of now, he doesnt include player profile and tape.

It's not a good idea because the threads that Lindend starts are the most informative. Has the players 247 profile and highlights on the very first page. That's invaluable for somebody to look into the recruit.

Now if Dmoney were to add that to his posts of articles, then id say sure. But as of now, he doesnt include player profile and tape.

I believe they used to link the original thread in their new one on the same recruit

Advertisement
Nah bruh, WE NEED SPEED. If they ain't tapped into the speed force, DO NOT WANT! It don't matter if they got cinder blocks for hands...SPEED.

Too much?

IMG_1708.gif

Riverview (Fla.) Sumner WR Tyler Williams is not just another player on Miami’s board. He’s a major target, and it opened some eyes on Thursday when he visited for the second time in as many months.

I talked about Williams’s game and recruitment on today’s episode of the CanesInSight Daily Podcast:

DMoney: “Miami had a very, very interesting visit on Thursday from Tyler Williams, WR from Riverview, Florida. It’s spring break, the coaches aren't there, the players aren't really there. He brought his father who was not part of the initial visit. The last time he came was February 2nd.”

“Here’s a rule of thumb: when you have back-to-back visits in a short timeframe, and you're bringing someone to the visit that wasn't there the first time, it's a very, very good sign for the team receiving the visit. That usually means a player loved his first visit and wanted to bring someone along who might be involved in the decision.”

“The other coaches weren't there because of travel. It was just Kevin Beard. But I can tell you with a lot of confidence: Miami loves this player. And they love the kid as a person."

"People are probably getting tired of me saying this rant. Miami has signed track stars. They've signed five star receivers. They've signed 7-on-7 legends. The guys that make it at receiver in this program are (1) smart; (2) tough; and (3) they work. KJ Osborn, Allen Hurns, Phil Dorsett, Leonard Hankerson, Braxton Barrios, Xavier Restrepo. What do they have all in common? Work ethic, toughness, and IQ."

"As a player, he is verified 6'1, 193 pounds. Great size for a high school junior receiver. Caught 26 passes for 585 yards, 22.5 yards per catch. 14 touchdowns on those 26 passes. He's not just a possession receiver, he's making big plays. Also scored five touchdowns from the return game. Three punt returns, two kick returns."

"He has an official visit to Miami set for May 31st. Georgia's offered, Florida's offered. He has a lot of love for Clemson. I don't believe they've offered, but this is a guy Miami covets."

"He played basketball. His track numbers were modest as a sophomore (11.58, 1.87m high jump) but he’s not a lumbering athlete. This is someone who's making big plays when he touches the ball with a lot of functional athleticism. And he has verified size. Look at the best pros. You need a little bit of size and strength to succeed. Those guys can take contact. They’re not possession guys, but they’re not track guys. They have the ability to play play receiver in pads. I think that's what Tyler Williams brings to the table."

"I'm not reporting that he's about to commit. Don't have that info. I'm just someone who has followed recruiting for a long time. I know he's a priority. The fact that he's back on campus so soon, read the tea leaves. Very good sign for the Miami Hurricanes."

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

We’ve signed ZERO composite 5 star WR in the modern rankings era going back to 2011. Plus 1) dumb 2) soft 3) lazy receivers don’t make it in any program, regardless of ranking. I suspect fans are tired of the rant because it’s based on less than a handful of guys in 14 classes.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

We’ve signed ZERO composite 5 star WR in the modern rankings era going back to 2011. Plus 1) dumb 2) soft 3) lazy receivers don’t make it in any program, regardless of ranking. I suspect fans are tired of the rant because it’s based on less than a handful of guys in 14 classes.
Mark Pope was a 5* on Rivals. Ryan Moore was the top receiver in the nation. Both failed in large part because they lacked the football character.

WR is an intangibles position. Even the maniacs are maniac workers. Obviously, the gold standard is an Andre Johnson or Julio Jones with HOF talent and walk-on work ethic. But I would make the character stuff non-negotiable.

Advertisement
Back