Prior relationship with T-Rob leads to UM offer for DE Durant

View as article
Advertisement
Gaby paints everything with rose colored glasses. I like the kid but he’s a huge fanboy. Ivins was a douche but at least he was very conservative in his assessment on where kids stood. Gaby says everyone had he feels good about where Miami stands with virtually everyone.

this. He’s banking on a lot of kids coming here that traditionally do not come here (Jackson, agbo et al). He’s young and he’ll learn eventually.

Recruiting has always been a roller coaster for us. Can’t get butt hurt and freak out over HS kids lol Have to laugh at this point…

I agree its a roller coaster...your comments just seemed like you were happy we are potentially missing out on targets.

Then again none of us truly know what the coaches boards are behind the scenes

time will tell, but manny’s bake off comment is coming around to bite his ***.

We need to start landing some ******* targets. Not 1 committed from the state of Florida.

Advertisement
He did say an offensive player is close to jumping in the boat though. I wonder who that is.
Nelson and Horton are also supposed to be committing tomorrow but I haven't seen anything on Horton setting a announcement date anywhere but here.

Advertisement
Nelson and Horton are also supposed to be committing tomorrow but I haven't seen anything on Horton setting a announcement date anywhere but here.
I’m almost certain it’s not Nelson. Maybe Horton. Maybe someone else without a commitment date.

A silent commit was never a commit to begin with.

My friend silently committed on 3 of his 5 visits when he was being recruited
There is no difference between a silent commit or a public commit if the kid is quick to change his mind or just sees recruiting as a game. Jobe was publicly committed to Miami and alot of people knew he wasn't going to sign with Miami. Stevenson was at Miami all time and wasn't publicly committed but anyone who actually dug into his recruitment knew he would sign with Georgia. One public and one silent, Miami lost out on both and the silent meant more than the public commitment.

Advertisement
Not terribly worried about recruiting in July, some of these things are so weird, are we dropping these kids, or are they picking other schools and we really want them? I’m not worried because we have the best recruiting staff we’ve had in 20 years so everything should work out.

Advertisement
There is no difference between a silent commit or a public commit if the kid is quick to change his mind or just sees recruiting as a game. Jobe was publicly committed to Miami and alot of people knew he wasn't going to sign with Miami. Stevenson was at Miami all time and wasn't publicly committed but anyone who actually dug into his recruitment knew he would sign with Georgia. One public and one silent, Miami lost out on both and the silent meant more than the public commitment.

Your absolutely correct theres no difference until ink hits paper... thats why commitments dont mean a whole lot until signing day

Durant OV’d to Penn State the week before he OV’d here. There was no smoke. Now suddenly there is the day before he’s announcing. Rumored he wanted to stay in state and it looked really well he’d wind up here.

Something don’t jive, either he just really likes Penn State and fell for Franklin’s BS enough to go OOS, or we all the sudden got cold feet on him being a take. Have a feeling it’s the former unfortunately, and don’t like either scenario. This kid is a take.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back