Prints

butchs'revenge

Freshman
Hey so im doing a little redocorating for a pool table room and i wanted to hang some hurricane pictures up, not signed or nothing just large prints of Sean T and the gang, framed or not, does anybody have suggestions on where to buy??

Advertisement
I may not have prints from the Sean T days, but I have plenty from the past 5 years if you need any of those: JC Ruiz Photography | Miami-Hurricanes

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Hey so im doing a little redocorating for a pool table room and i wanted to hang some hurricane pictures up, not signed or nothing just large prints of Sean T and the gang, framed or not, does anybody have suggestions on where to buy??

You can also contact my old roommate, JC Ridley (CaneShooter), who has been the official team photographer for years. He has photos going back to the 1980s.

Archive | JC Ridley Photography

Last edited:
Advertisement
I work in a large format print shop. Anything you want printed I can for you at basically wholesale pricing. Shoot me a message if interested. Wallpaper, Wall vinyl, vehicle wraps, license plates, cornhole covers, banners anything you can think of.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You can also contact my old roommate, JC Ridley (CaneShooter), who has been the official team photographer for years. He has photos going back to the 1980s.

Some good ish in there but his large file sizes for personal use are overpriced.

Also, please tell me this guy had no input on the Al Golden era photo fiasco? Edit: he took the photos, can't support his *** because of that lol.

Last edited:

Some good ish in there but his large file sizes for personal use are overpriced.

Also, please tell me this guy had no input on the Al Golden era photo fiasco?

Some of you guys need to get over the "Al Golden photo fiasco".

First, it was NOT JC who took those pix, it was another photographer.

Second, funny pix like that are ALWAYS taken. They are NEVER released. I have seen some goofy stuff from prior years, it's no big deal, and a lot of the players ask for copies of those pix.

Third, the problem was ALWAYS that the photographer released those photos. If you're going to blame anyone (and lots of people will object to this), you blame the Athletic Director. You have a UM EMPLOYEE taking photos for UM PURPOSES. That was not just the football team going over to Sears to take family photos. If UM pays for the photos and the film (or memory cards), that means the University is the original rights holder. And the University's Athletic Director should have NEVER allowed those photos to be distributed.

As for JC's pricing, hey, the "rest of the world" (magazines, websites, newspapers) now think that they don't need to pay for photos, so it is not like he is making a lot of money on this. All I know is this, I have seen JC's work for over 30 years, and if I'm going to put high-quality photos on the wall, I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get his quality. And, yeah, I know I'm biased, but I'd also pay to get Dave Bergman's photos as well, or any one of a handful of photographers who worked at the Hurricane and/or Ibis in the 80s and 90s. They had a ton of great photo talent back then, and most of the people learning to shoot on digital these days are no comparison.

Just my opinion.

Advertisement
See...rather than let those horrible photos die, some genius had to post them again, as if we don't know that they exist.

I'm sure, somewhere, there is a "Hurricanes Tears" thread on a Gator website that will now be happy to link to those photos.

True Canes fans should be destroying every digital copy of those photos.

Also, please tell me this guy had no input on the Al Golden era photo fiasco?

Some of you guys need to get over the "Al Golden photo fiasco".

First, it was NOT JC who took those pix, it was another photographer.

Second, funny pix like that are ALWAYS taken. They are NEVER released. I have seen some goofy stuff from prior years, it's no big deal, and a lot of the players ask for copies of those pix.

Third, the problem was ALWAYS that the photographer released those photos. If you're going to blame anyone (and lots of people will object to this), you blame the Athletic Director. You have a UM EMPLOYEE taking photos for UM PURPOSES. That was not just the football team going over to Sears to take family photos. If UM pays for the photos and the film (or memory cards), that means the University is the original rights holder. And the University's Athletic Director should have NEVER allowed those photos to be distributed.

As for JC's pricing, hey, the "rest of the world" (magazines, websites, newspapers) now think that they don't need to pay for photos, so it is not like he is making a lot of money on this. All I know is this, I have seen JC's work for over 30 years, and if I'm going to put high-quality photos on the wall, I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get his quality. And, yeah, I know I'm biased, but I'd also pay to get Dave Bergman's photos as well, or any one of a handful of photographers who worked at the Hurricane and/or Ibis in the 80s and 90s. They had a ton of great photo talent back then, and most of the people learning to shoot on digital these days are no comparison.

Just my opinion.

You wrote CaneShooter and it says CaneShooter.com on those photos, I don't know who JC is, glad he had nothing to do with that bs. Still stand by pricing, his pricing structure sucks.

The first picture clearly identifies the photographer, Eric Espada.

JC originally went by the name "CaneShooter", and many people know him by that nickname. However, the Caneshooter.com website was something that multiple people created and contributed to. If you went to the link that I provided above, you would see that JC's website NOW is jcridley.com.

Advertisement
See...rather than let those horrible photos die, some genius had to post them again, as if we don't know that they exist.

I'm sure, somewhere, there is a "Hurricanes Tears" thread on a Gator website that will now be happy to link to those photos.

True Canes fans should be destroying every digital copy of those photos.

Advertisement
Back