Pride in the ACC?

Advertisement
I could care less about the rest of the ACC. I will not pull for FSU to win, I don't care what conference they belong to. That is some lame attitude brought on by those SEC folks to help them sleep at night when Bama beats them for the 1000th time. We did not win anything when FSU won the National title a few years ago and did not all of a sudden become a better team because Clemson made it to the final last year.

The thing is, if ACC teams, including FSU are terrible compared to the rest of the country voters will not value our performance, akin Houston situation now. If we keep hoping they lose, indirectly it could affect us.
We have to be really dominant, like we were in the past for our ***ty conference to be irrelevant to our standing. Big East was always a mediocre conference and we were bulldozing every teams we played. It didn't matter then.

I pull for ACC teams against OOC (except FSU) in the hope that the ACC bullies all other conferences and then when Miami rolls through our conference not one team can say "but... blah blah blah, so they aren't that good".. that's just how I view things

Advertisement
I've never heard a Miami fan talk about conference pride. Root for your team first and anything that might help your team second. Everything else can **** off.

I don't root for anyone but Miami, but I prefer acc teams to win OOC games in order to help our standing... unless we need an acc team to lose in order to help us.

Advertisement
The ONLY conference "pride" I ever have is when it comes at the detriment of the effing SEC- where those hilljack buffoons actually do take pride in their little conglomerate of redneck fa99otry. I'll throw FACTS about the ACC back in their face when they're ranting and raving but the moment you actually derive any personal pride when a FSU or a Clemson or a Louisville does well is the day you should just move away from sports and turn to hard drugs in an effort to numb the eventual realization that you're a waste of life.

Last edited:
I do not root for ACC teams for conference pride for its own sake. I only take a pro-ACC stance when fans of teams in other conferences play the 'tougher conference' card to justify their own losing.

I give zero fvcks if another ACC team wins a game unless I dislike the opponent.

Duke over Notre Dame last week was great.

Boston College over USC in 2014 was great.

I wanted Clemson to beat Alabama in the NC last season, more out of dislike of Bama than like of Clemson. The same was true when Clemson beat Ohio State and LSU in bowl games in the past few seasons.

I do thank Clemson for curing Miami's Golden urinary tract infection, and hope they beat Louisville.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly feel like that whole SEC chant is more about wanting to hype the conference up... I mean they've been bad against other conferences and even bowl win-losses against the other power 5....

What makes them look so great and continues the SEC chant is that Bama is always right there with whatever random SEC is overhyped or comes out of the shadows...

Never rooted for the big East or the acc.i could give 2 ***** about other teams. Only reason I cheered for VT in the chip in 09 is cause who they were playing against.... Same with Clemson last yr. When we won big East titles I didn't care cause I thought that's what was supposed to happen. The fact that we haven't won the acc once just shows how trash we've been.

Advertisement
No, **** no. Ever notice the SEC programs that love to brag about the conference are the programs who have been irrelevant? You don't hear Bama fans screaming about how good the SEC is, because they win the big games, and they are in the title hunt. I care about Miami, period. If Miami takes care of business, they will be in the hunt, especially if the OOC schedule is where it is supposed to be.

Like others on this thread, I am for whatever helps the Canes the most. For recruiting purposes, the perception of a strong ACC Conference helps us when we're selling our program to recruits. That's why I almost always root for an ACC school vs an OOC opponent. FSU is the exception because we go head to head for so many in-state recruits and I can't stand them.

I pull for all ACC teams to win but I despise FSU and Louisville. With that said them winning makes us look better when we beat them. Best way for us to get back to the top is for our entire conference to play well against others.

1. Miami Wins
2. ACC does well against non-conference
3. FSU, Louisville, and ND have a couple losses

That is a perfect world scenario for me.

I root for the ACC except for FSU. Any Miami fan who doesn't root for ACC teams to do well is a %}*~+*.

Advertisement
Back