Pricing released UM VS UF

All right - so apparently the athletic department is aware of the issue but basically can't do anything about it. 1) They don't want to **** off their Tier 1 donors and 2) a lot of those tickets have already been listed and sold on the resale market. The number of tickets sold yesterday should have been a red flag of the issue; cap should have been right around 3,000 ticket sold if all Tier 1 donors capped their allotment. The total sold yesterday was significantly greater than that number. Below is a few examples of the shenanigans that took place over the last 36 hrs:

Note that almost all other UM sections have small seat quantities for sale while 133, 134 and 135 have ENTIRE ROWS of seats available starting at 4x what the list price was for us. A handful of people really abused the system on Monday and it's easy to verify who it was between auditing ticket sales (>6 or >10) as well as referencing the tickets sold on the resale market within the last 36 hrs. This. Is. Not. Right.

Advertisement
All right - so apparently the athletic department is aware of the issue but basically can't do anything about it. 1) They don't want to **** off their Tier 1 donors and 2) a lot of those tickets have already been listed and sold on the resale market. The number of tickets sold yesterday should have been a red flag of the issue; cap should have been right around 3,000 ticket sold if all Tier 1 donors capped their allotment. The total sold yesterday was significantly greater than that number. Below is a few examples of the shenanigans that took place over the last 36 hrs:
View attachment 80719View attachment 80720View attachment 80721

Note that almost all other UM sections have small seat quantities for sale while 133, 134 and 135 have ENTIRE ROWS of seats available starting at 4x what the list price was for us. A handful of people really abused the system on Monday and it's easy to verify who it was between auditing ticket sales (>6 or >10) as well as referencing the tickets sold on the resale market within the last 36 hrs. This. Is. Not. Right.
Now look at the opposite sideline. Max amount of tickets available are 4 while our sidelines have a row of 26 seats available for purchase LOL greedy *****.

Attachments

• D5CCDAA9-F760-4E3F-A675-FCC590E77CFB.png
    D5CCDAA9-F760-4E3F-A675-FCC590E77CFB.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
Now look at the opposite sideline. Max amount of tickets available are 4 while our sidelines have a row of 26 seats available for purchase LOL greedy *****.
100% this. Cross reference our sideline with UFs and you’ll see 100’s more seats in the lower level on sale on StubHub alone. I don’t care if Canes fans want to cop out and sell what was agreed upon that they could purchase (6 or 10 tickets), but what frustrates me is that they pushed for an extra donation then had no safeguards to protect those donors from actually getting the tickets they were told would be available. To compound the situation, there is now nothing but supply/demand stopping Florida fans from sitting on our 50 yard line.

Anyone who tells you differently is wrong. I have a friend that bought 18 seats. Many on here had no issues buying 12 or more and I’m sure there are others who silently did the same. While both UM and the fans overbuying their allotment were in the wrong. UM can’t expect to run their ticket allocation process on the honor system and therefore shoulders all of the blame in my opinion.

I was fortunate to get 6 lowers on our ten yard line so my gripe will not be received as well as others, but I’m going to be furious when I hear cheering coming from our sideline seats when UF makes a big play. For those thinking UM should redo the whole selection process, I will respectfully say you are out of ur fcking mind if you think that’s even a remote possibility. My only hope is that they can learn from this incident and correct it before we play Alabama in Atlanta in a few years. Hopefully they haven’t lost the faith of too many fans or donors who put money and trust into the program specifically for this game who ended up in the upper deck or paying 2-3x face value in the secondary market for a ticket they should’ve gotten at face value.

Rant over. GO CANES

Just wow. If they don't do something about this, they are going to lose a lot of money. Not only did they provide the vessel to steal from us, but turds are going to be in OUR premier sections!!

Advertisement
100% this. Cross reference our sideline with UFs and you’ll see 100’s more seats in the lower level on sale on StubHub alone. I don’t care if Canes fans want to cop out and sell what was agreed upon that they could purchase (6 or 10 tickets), but what frustrates me is that they pushed for an extra donation then had no safeguards to protect those donors from actually getting the tickets they were told would be available. To compound the situation, there is now nothing but supply/demand stopping Florida fans from sitting on our 50 yard line.

Anyone who tells you differently is wrong. I have a friend that bought 18 seats. Many on here had no issues buying 12 or more and I’m sure there are others who silently did the same. While both UM and the fans overbuying their allotment were in the wrong. UM can’t expect to run their ticket allocation process on the honor system and therefore shoulders all of the blame in my opinion.

I was fortunate to get 6 lowers on our ten yard line so my gripe will not be received as well as others, but I’m going to be furious when I hear cheering coming from our sideline seats when UF makes a big play. For those thinking UM should redo the whole selection process, I will respectfully say you are out of ur fcking mind if you think that’s even a remote possibility. My only hope is that they can learn from this incident and correct it before we play Alabama in Atlanta in a few years. Hopefully they haven’t lost the faith of too many fans or donors who put money and trust into the program specifically for this game who ended up in the upper deck or paying 2-3x face value in the secondary market for a ticket they should’ve gotten at face value.

Rant over. GO CANES

I agree with what you say.

Still not letting our fans off the hook, though. Even without the extra tickets being bought, too many of our fans gladly sell tickets to rivals. You even see it with season tickets. So while there may be more this time, this is not new. And you don’t see it with other fan bases like you see it with ours. We just got a few too many con artist and shysters on our side.

How do we turn this into a tweet?

Disgusting what happened.

And to the fan who feels he didn’t get fvcked cause he managed to get seats on the ten, you should have been on the 40, friend. You absolutely got stolen from.

What's really odd is there is a relatively simple process to fix this issue. Follow me for a second here...

1. UM AD does a full audit of all Season Ticket accounts and flags all accounts that purchased beyond the 4/6/10 allotment for the game (would take an analyst 30 minutes to do this, if not less)
  2. Set up a process by which accounts can either call UM or login to their account and pick the specific seats, up to their cap, that they want to keep, knowing they will be refunded for all other seats not chosen (make sure the system has a **** hard cap before doing this)
  3. Send all flagged accounts a communication stating that their account has been flagged for over-purchasing tickets and will be refunded for all purchases beyond their allotted cap by March 8 - they will have a chance to choose which seats they will keep but must choose before the deadline
  4. Account owners have until the 3/8 deadline to choose the 4/6/10 tickets they want to keep, otherwise UM will default them to the most expensive purchase cap and return all others
  5. Contact secondary sales companies to mandate returns/refunds on all flagged tickets that are now being returned by accounts due to over-purchasing (this will happen after March 8 deadline) - UM has the legal right to request this
    • Note that secondary sales can still be refunded because no tickets have been exchanged, only agreements to buy/sell said seats
  6. Re-list all refunded tickets and allow season ticket holders who are under their allotted cap or want to trade their current tickets in to pick new/additional seats that are now available
There. Relatively simple 6-step process to hit the reset button without forcing everyone to return their seats. All of this is doable but the clock is ticking - the farther we get from Monday, the harder it will be to complete step #5 with the resale market.

When I looked last night, I also noticed that large numbers of $50 seats were already sold. Very surprising. I hope they get some maximum quantity controls in place before the sale of the tickets for the FIU game

Last edited:
Advertisement
After reading what has been posted on here, I just called the ticket office at 0840 hrs today, and told them about my concerns of me being able to buy tickets for the game and they told me they are able to guarantee me any tickets. So we will see. I live here in the 321 area and would love to see them here in Orlando.

How do we turn this into a tweet?

Disgusting what happened.

And to the fan who feels he didn’t get fvcked cause he managed to get seats on the ten, you should have been on the 40, friend. You absolutely got stolen from.
No argument there amigo. Looking at the glass half full and thankful I got lowers still.

What's really odd is there is a relatively simple process to fix this issue. Follow me for a second here...

1. UM AD does a full audit of all Season Ticket accounts and flags all accounts that purchased beyond the 4/6/10 allotment for the game (would take an analyst 30 minutes to do this, if not less)
  2. Set up a process by which accounts can either call UM or login to their account and pick the specific seats, up to their cap, that they want to keep, knowing they will be refunded for all other seats not chosen (make sure the system has a **** hard cap before doing this)
  3. Send all flagged accounts a communication stating that their account has been flagged for over-purchasing tickets and will be refunded for all purchases beyond their allotted cap by March 8 - they will have a chance to choose which seats they will keep but must choose before the deadline
  4. Account owners have until the 3/8 deadline to choose the 4/6/10 tickets they want to keep, otherwise UM will default them to the most expensive purchase cap and return all others
  5. Contact secondary sales companies to mandate returns/refunds on all flagged tickets that are now being returned by accounts due to over-purchasing (this will happen after March 8 deadline) - UM has the legal right to request this
    • Note that secondary sales can still be refunded because no tickets have been exchanged, only agreements to buy/sell said seats
  6. Re-list all refunded tickets and allow season ticket holders who are under their allotted cap or want to trade their current tickets in to pick new/additional seats that are now available
There. Relatively simple 6-step process to hit the reset button without forcing everyone to return their seats. All of this is doable but the clock is ticking - the farther we get from Monday, the harder it will be to complete step #5 with the resale market.

You are completely delusional or semi autistic if you think our ticket office is capable of even step 1

After reading what has been posted on here, I just called the ticket office at 0840 hrs today, and told them about my concerns of me being able to buy tickets for the game and they told me they are able to guarantee me any tickets. So we will see. I live here in the 321 area and would love to see them here in Orlando.

What do you mean by guarantee? Are you tier 3 and they guaranteed you tickets at your allotted purchase day/time?

Last edited:
Advertisement

If you're listing a block of 26 tix on the secondary market less than 24 hrs after ******** everyone else AND now inundating our sideline with UiF fans then Manny effing Diaz should personally drive to your house on Long Island or in Boca or in Pinecrest and put an effing bullet in your head. You're scum and not worthy of being part of this fanbase.

I still have faith in our fanbase showing up to this game but the school and these opportunists will have massively contributed to the effing narrative that UiF fans "took over" the stadium.

Advertisement
If you're listing a block of 26 tix on the secondary market less than 24 hrs after ******** everyone else AND now inundating our sideline with UiF fans then Manny effing Diaz should personally drive to your house on Long Island or in Boca or in Pinecrest and put an effing bullet in your head. You're scum and not worthy of being part of this fanbase.

I still have faith in our fanbase showing up to this game but the school and these opportunists will have massively contributed to the effing narrative that UiF fans "took over" the stadium.

Bring your hands to the game. LOL. Could get interesting in the stands.

As someone in Tier 3 just catching up on this thread.....this sucks. I put the blame on the athletic department obviously, but its also disappointing Canes fans were taking advantage of the system as well. Heres to still hoping I can get some upper deck tickets on Friday...

Advertisement
Back