Pricing released UM VS UF

I'd agree. The vendor must be complete garbage if it couldn't actuate a system that would take about 48 seconds to describe. But this isn't the first effed up rodeo involving our ticket office and (as was mentioned) the buck stops with the people choosing and paying the vendor. I just know the reverse would NEVER happen with Tier 1 getting screwed and there magically being a free for all today of premium seats.

They'll never do it but they should strip any seats purchased beyond one's allotment and then offer them first to the Tier 1 people that bought less than their allotment and then to anyone in subsequent tiers that essentially got shut out of the $150 seats. Not a perfect solution but certainty more fair than what happened.

I'll personally punch Flake in the throat if I ever get another pre neutral site ticket sale email about donating more to jump tiers. There theoretically could be a lawsuit about what supposedly happened today.

Completely agree. Also, you made an excellent earlier point earlier that gets to the heart of the issue with Tier 1. Clearly, the 261 people in Tier 1 don't give a **** about what went wrong today, and those are the people who are the "yes men" who keep shaking Blake's hand at the games and telling him that he's doing a heckuva job. It's those 261 people who are going to make a nice profit on StubHub.

It is, literally, one of the easiest audits to conduct. You only have to test 261 accounts. That's it.

We also need to bring back the Hurricane Club points. We used to have transparency and accountability on the ranking system, and "tax reform" didn't take that away. Lazy ADs took that away.

Advertisement
What people gonna be selling these ****ers. I am seeing the $50 tickets for over $230 right now

What people gonna be selling these ****ers. I am seeing the $50 tickets for over $230 right now

Gator fans are licking their chops.

This problem has an easy fix too.

UM Athletic Department knows which tickets it issued. UM needs to set up a "no-transfer" window that gets lifted within a month of the game.

And I know, someone's going to point out that it's hard to enforce via the secondary websites. Sure. But UM could pull away-game ticket privileges from anyone they deem to be abusing the rules or policies.

Something to consider for the future. Can't fix everything today, but somebody needs to be working on this issue within UM. We all know that Blake doesn't give a ****, he's well-paid and uncaring.

It's not just a matter of having a functioning website though. It is all indicative of problems with the decision makers. At the end of the day, it all ties together.

Allowing the top 1% to, against the stated procedures, buy up 20-25% (possibly even as many as 30%) of the tickets available, including essentially all of the desirable ones, exacerbates the problems with the web-based sales process by causing people to rush and panic, when in reality, there should have been plenty of good seats available for everyone.

Top that off with a procedure where people are divvied up into large, but limited in quantity windows by a "rankings within tiers" system that is as opaque as a communist dictatorship election, and no one knows what the eff is going on.

You can't just say that the only problem today was a poor choice of IT vendor. It goes well beyond that.

As entertaining as the back and forth between you two lovable schmucks is, you both have good points. The failing I see in your argument is that you seem to want to boil it down to one easily solvable problem, when there are really larger issues at hand than just demanding Paciolan fix their ****.

How do you eat an elephant?

Advertisement
Gator fans are licking their chops.

This problem has an easy fix too.

UM Athletic Department knows which tickets it issued. UM needs to set up a "no-transfer" window that gets lifted within a month of the game.

And I know, someone's going to point out that it's hard to enforce via the secondary websites. Sure. But UM could pull away-game ticket privileges from anyone they deem to be abusing the rules or policies.

Something to consider for the future. Can't fix everything today, but somebody needs to be working on this issue within UM. We all know that Blake doesn't give a ****, he's well-paid and uncaring.
I agree it needs to be dealt with but not like that, so long as people played by the rules. Unless you are referring to the ****s that took advantage of the site ***** up. ***** them.

Advertisement
Today was madness. Heard of people getting up to 20 tickets when they should have been limited to 6. Luckily we got our allotment before everything was gone. Should be an absolute wild one August 31st. For their sake, hope we don't have to sit next too many Gators. We'll be there for a clear 36 hours before the game and our group will be without their wives and SOs. G'luck to all.

Today was madness. Heard of people getting up to 20 tickets when they should have been limited to 6. Luckily we got our allotment before everything was gone. Should be an absolute wild one August 31st. For their sake, hope we don't have to sit next too many Gators. We'll be there for a clear 36 hours before the game and our group will be without their wives and SOs. G'luck to all.

I’m going to be ****ed if there’s a bunch of turds on our side.

It’s a bad reflection on the incompetence of our ticket department, but let’s be honest, a worse reflection on some in our fan base.

I hope they have the decency to try hard to resell only to canes.

Otherwise, start training on the speedbag. 😉

It's not just a matter of having a functioning website though. It is all indicative of problems with the decision makers. At the end of the day, it all ties together.

Allowing the top 1% to, against the stated procedures, buy up 20-25% (possibly even as many as 30%) of the tickets available, including essentially all of the desirable ones, exacerbates the problems with the web-based sales process by causing people to rush and panic, when in reality, there should have been plenty of good seats available for everyone.

Top that off with a procedure where people are divvied up into large, but limited in quantity windows by a "rankings within tiers" system that is as opaque as a communist dictatorship election, and no one knows what the eff is going on.

You can't just say that the only problem today was a poor choice of IT vendor. It goes well beyond that.

As entertaining as the back and forth between you two lovable schmucks is, you both have good points. The failing I see in your argument is that you seem to want to boil it down to one easily solvable problem, when there are really larger issues at hand than just demanding Paciolan fix their ****.

Sad part will be all the non-cane fans that will fill the seats from the Tier 1 due to resell since the rich guys will be in the Hamptons getting ready for the last bash of the summer: ALL WHITE PARTY at Diddys or Jimmy Kimmels.

This is another screwup by someone running an Athletic Department that has no clue on what he is doing. The same thing happened when they reduced the seating capacity at the stadium.

Advertisement
How do you eat an elephant?

One step at a time?

Or is that the journey of a thousand miles?

I hear you, man. I’m more of a “throw your **** on the table” and insist you get your way when you know without a doubt that you’re 100% right. But yeah, diplomacy is needed and effective as well.

Thing is, I was literally stolen from today, as were many others. Do I have answers this minute? No. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with talking about the problems on here.

I agree it needs to be dealt with but not like that, so long as people played by the rules. Unless you are referring to the ****s that took advantage of the site ***** up. ***** them.

Yeah, it would be very easy for the ticket office to cross-check everyone’s accounts for who purchased more tickets than their allotment, then to cross-reference those seats against the secondary sites to watch for scalping.

Pretty sure that’s what he was referring to, not the guy who bought his full allotment of 6, but then couldn’t go or couldn’t use them all so decided to sell a pair of seats.

Advertisement
One step at a time?

Or is that the journey of a thousand miles?

I hear you, man. I’m more of a “throw your **** on the table” and insist you get your way when you know without a doubt that you’re 100% right. But yeah, diplomacy is needed and effective as well.

Thing is, I was literally stolen from today, as were many others. Do I have answers this minute? No. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong with talking about the problems on here.

That’s with this place is for, to talk about them. To talk about these issues. But hopefully also to talk about a way to approach this in a way that actually makes sense. I’m not speaking of you at all, but lighting your hair and fire running around doesn’t solve anything.

If enough people call the ticket office, or send emails, or send Twitter messages, that are not screaming illegible screeds from half crazed illiterates, they might get a message getting through. But what happens is you’ll get a handful of people sending really insulting and hateful messages over social media, and it drowns out the reasonable people that have actual gripes.

All we can do is continually voice our displeasure in a way that they have to hear. Unfortunately, it’s not like I can just switch to another team. This is not a restaurant that I can easily switch or a clothing brand or any other consumer goods of which there are many choices. I only have one choice.

My best solution right now is everybody that reads this send an email to your ticket agent, and copy Blake. Send a tweet, and copy one of the local reporters, let people know. If anybody has any better ideas I sure would love to hear it, I’m all ears.

We also need to bring back the Hurricane Club points. We used to have transparency and accountability on the ranking system, and "tax reform" didn't take that away. Lazy ADs took that away.

Within the Tiers, there is a ranking system based on points. The marketing materials/emails have alluded to points being awarded for lifetime giving, consecutive seasons of tickets, alumni status, etc.

Tax reform was a factor in changing the groupings to encourage additional deductible contributions, but you are right that there should be more transparency around how points are awarded/earned and rank within each tier.

All jokes aside. Really hope everyone comes ready to get hype for the canes. I’m like 5 miles away from the stadium if anyone has questions where to hang don’t ask me. Jk. Hopefully we get a CIS tailgate going. That would be dope.

That’s with this place is for, to talk about them. To talk about these issues. But hopefully also to talk about a way to approach this in a way that actually makes sense. I’m not speaking of you at all, but lighting your hair and fire running around doesn’t solve anything.

If enough people call the ticket office, or send emails, or send Twitter messages, that are not screaming illegible screeds from half crazed illiterates, they might get a message getting through. But what happens is you’ll get a handful of people sending really insulting and hateful messages over social media, and it drowns out the reasonable people that have actual gripes.

All we can do is continually voice our displeasure in a way that they have to hear. Unfortunately, it’s not like I can just switch to another team. This is not a restaurant that I can easily switch or a clothing brand or any other consumer goods of which there are many choices. I only have one choice.

My best solution right now is everybody that reads this send an email to your ticket agent, and copy Blake. Send a tweet, and copy one of the local reporters, let people know. If anybody has any better ideas I sure would love to hear it, I’m all ears.

Good points. There should be a consistent message/theme to the "feedback." My plan was to wait a couple of days, then reach out to my ticket agent and express my displeasure with 1) the circumvention of the ticket limit for each account though multiple transactions and 2) the botched 11AM window this morning. Collectively we should pick the two or three most important things and everyone should cite those in their complaints so they hear the same thing over and over and maybe it will be harder to ignore, though history is not on our side.

I also wanted to mention that after 50 minutes on hold with the ticket office, the line rang and then stated the line was not set up to receive messages before disconnecting, but that doesn't seem to be a widespread issue so maybe I was just unlucky and someone hit the wrong button trying to pick up the line.

Advertisement
Back