Pricing released UM VS UF

It's been widely reported that you can re-log and purchase ADDITIONAL SEATS beyond your allotment/cap. I talked to someone in Tier 1 today saying there are some heavy abusers in Tier 1 who purchased well beyond their allotment who are hoping to make bank on the resale market. So UM didn't set up accounts to limit allotments post-purchase, making it more difficult for anyone in Tier 2-3 to get better tickets at a reasonable price.

Yup. Pretty obvious that this was an issue by about 11:15 this morning.

HC should 1-get their **** together and find a system that works, and this includes, crazy idea here, TESTING it before roll-out; and 2-do SOMETHING to punish those who bought more than their allotment. It could just be a written "we know what you did" warning with no teeth behind it other than to say "we noticed, please don't do this again or we may be forced to take further action".

It's bullsh!t that season ticket holders and donors are getting pushed out of getting the good seats by a few unscrupulous people and an incompetent sales office, just so that those people can profit by selling out to the highest bidder.

Advertisement
Anyone know when we will have access to the tickets? I need to transfer or possibly sell 2 seats. I have never done this before.
They sent the FSU tickets a week or so before the season tickets in '17. Probably be the same, you can also select transfer and change it to mobile after they have been released

Yup. Pretty obvious that this was an issue by about 11:15 this morning.

HC should 1-get their **** together and find a system that works, and this includes, crazy idea here, TESTING it before roll-out; and 2-do SOMETHING to punish those who bought more than their allotment. It could just be a written "we know what you did" warning with no teeth behind it other than to say "we noticed, please don't do this again or we may be forced to take further action".

It's bullsh!t that season ticket holders and donors are getting pushed out of getting the good seats by a few unscrupulous people and an incompetent sales office, just so that those people can profit by selling out to the highest bidder.
Yes I had a feeling very early today that something was mischievous. Last week the director told me that all the club seats would be snatched by the Golden Canes but I would be able to get great seats in the red sections and definitely 6. By noon today, people were already having to get the red sections on the outside of the 3 middle ones. At 1245 he had to split my 6 between the last endzone section and the 2nd to last one. That's horse crap and something needs to be done immediately.

Here we go again with the "third party IT vendor".

Paciolan didn't create the 3-Tier system with unknown ranking systems within the tiers.

Paciolan didn't create 4 appointment times throughout the day, instead of 5 or 10 minute interval appointment times.

Paciolan didn't send out the Tuesday morning e-mail telling everyone that their appointment time was today, followed by a "corrective" e-mail right afterwards.

Paciolan didn't take phone calls that allowed people to purchase more than their stated allotment.

Paciolan may be PART of the problem, but there are so many aspects of this that are human-failure, not to mention intentional falsehoods intended to mislead our fans into thinking that the problems are isolated or that the problems are our fault ("cookies" settings) or that the problems are associated with tax reform, or whatever other lie is being peddled at the moment.

You’re just really dense.

Of course the ticket office bears 100% of the responsibility, since they choose and manage their vendor. I am not absolving them of their 100% responsibility for the screwup.

I’m just telling you that today’s problems, in terms of just the simple act of purchasing the tickets, is 100% a web service issue.

If you don’t get that, let’s just not communicate anymore.

Your other issues, transparency, points allocation, could be issues as well, but that’s not my concern today, the main thing today was just purchasing tickets. That’s the most simple thing which was fūcked up and should have been right from the get go.

But please do keep us informed as you navigate the levels to lodge your complaints, since apparently you carry a lot of weight.

You’re just really dense.

Of course the ticket office bears 100% of the responsibility, since they choose and manage their vendor. I am not absolving them of their 100% responsibility for the screwup.

I’m just telling you that today’s problems, in terms of just the simple act of purchasing the tickets, is 100% a web service issue.

If you don’t get that, let’s just not communicate anymore.

Your other issues, transparency, points allocation, could be issues as well, but that’s not my concern today, the main thing today was just purchasing tickets. That’s the most simple thing which was fūcked up and should have been right from the get go.

But please do keep us informed as you navigate the levels to lodge your complaints, since apparently you carry a lot of weight.

Well, I AM a Golden Cane...according to you...and nobody else (including me)...

Still waiting for you to tell me where I (never) made that claim.

Advertisement
It's been widely reported that you can re-log and purchase ADDITIONAL SEATS beyond your allotment/cap. I talked to someone in Tier 1 today saying there are some heavy abusers in Tier 1 who purchased well beyond their allotment who are hoping to make bank on the resale market. So UM didn't set up accounts to limit allotments post-purchase, making it more difficult for anyone in Tier 2-3 to get better tickets at a reasonable price.

That's seriously effed up but not at all surprising. I enjoy that benefits we get of being a small school with a relatively small booster-esque benefits program as other fans at other schools pay wayyyyyy more than us for season tix, neutral site game access, etc. But mannnnnn is our ticket office operated like an amateur hour D3 program sometimes.

That's seriously effed up but not at all surprising. I enjoy that benefits we get of being a small school with a relatively small booster-esque benefits program as other fans at other schools pay wayyyyyy more than us for season tix, neutral site game access, etc. But mannnnnn is our ticket office operated like an amateur hour D3 program sometimes.

It was total amateur hour today. Felt sorry for the ticket people..they were beleaguered.

Advertisement
They sent the FSU tickets a week or so before the season tickets in '17. Probably be the same, you can also select transfer and change it to mobile after they have been released

I’m pretty sure my tickets through UM are via email for this game.

Last edited:
It was total amateur hour today. Felt sorry for the ticket people..they were beleaguered.

Exactly. It's almost never their fault as that office seemingly still employs a bunch of work-study students and local young(er) people that probably aren't getting paid at a rate that is commensurate with having to deal with us being (rightfully so) irate. They have limited powers and actually have gone above and beyond for me in the past within their available scope of actual action.

This is mid to upper management administrative issue with the school/athletics dept AND their outsourced IT/platform efforts. I have ZERO hope that they'll correct any of this in the future as they've always lazily catered to the very top tier donors- and those people obviously are happy with how this went down.

Advertisement
Exactly. It's almost never their fault as that office seemingly still employs a bunch of work-study students and local young(er) people that probably aren't getting paid at a rate that is commensurate with having to deal with us being (rightfully so) irate. They have limited powers and actually have gone above and beyond for me in the past within their available scope of actual action.

This is mid to upper management administrative issue with the school/athletics dept AND their outsourced IT/platform efforts. I have ZERO hope that they'll correct any of this in the future as they've always lazily catered to the very top tier donors- and those people obviously are happy with how this went down.

You are probably correct.

My issue is it at least in purchasing the tickets, it’s a solvable problem. I mean it’s not rocket science. But I just can’t understand why this vendor can’t come through. Unless they have levels of service and we are purchasing the cheapest level. I’d really like to know.

Advertisement

My issue is it at least in purchasing the tickets, it’s a solvable problem. I mean it’s not rocket science. But I just can’t understand why this vendor can’t come through. Unless they have levels of service and we are purchasing the cheapest level. I’d really like to know.

I'd agree. The vendor must be complete garbage if it couldn't actuate a system that would take about 48 seconds to describe. But this isn't the first effed up rodeo involving our ticket office and (as was mentioned) the buck stops with the people choosing and paying the vendor. I just know the reverse would NEVER happen with Tier 1 getting screwed and there magically being a free for all today of premium seats.

They'll never do it but they should strip any seats purchased beyond one's allotment and then offer them first to the Tier 1 people that bought less than their allotment and then to anyone in subsequent tiers that essentially got shut out of the $150 seats. Not a perfect solution but certainty more fair than what happened.

I'll personally punch Flake in the throat if I ever get another pre neutral site ticket sale email about donating more to jump tiers. There theoretically could be a lawsuit about what supposedly happened today.

It's not just a matter of having a functioning website though. It is all indicative of problems with the decision makers. At the end of the day, it all ties together.

Allowing the top 1% to, against the stated procedures, buy up 20-25% (possibly even as many as 30%) of the tickets available, including essentially all of the desirable ones, exacerbates the problems with the web-based sales process by causing people to rush and panic, when in reality, there should have been plenty of good seats available for everyone.

Top that off with a procedure where people are divvied up into large, but limited in quantity windows by a "rankings within tiers" system that is as opaque as a communist dictatorship election, and no one knows what the eff is going on.

You can't just say that the only problem today was a poor choice of IT vendor. It goes well beyond that.

As entertaining as the back and forth between you two lovable schmucks is, you both have good points. The failing I see in your argument is that you seem to want to boil it down to one easily solvable problem, when there are really larger issues at hand than just demanding Paciolan fix their ****.

What are you going to do?

I’m writing firm letters.

But apparently, you’re going to visit your BOT buddies and get this fixed.

Please do keep us up to date. Dying to get your feedback on your progress.

It's funny how you keep ignoring the fact that you falsely claimed that I had claimed to be a Golden Cane.

And, look, I'd be willing to let you off the hook, but you just keep doubling down on the stupidity.

You could admit that you screwed up, but you probably won't.

Advertisement
Back