Pretty clear

Well obviously Penn State did not want him, and he is one if their own. What does that tell you.

Advertisement
i don't agree with fisher, before jamies he was a 3-4 loss corch. once jamies leaves i think he'll go back to corch status. but kelly is the real deal, he's doing more with less and puts together a good gameplan, minus the alabama game of course.

even though i've seen fisher be out coached, he has had some great assistants

I came to the same conclusion yesterday. We will always get good players talent wise no matter who the coach is, but we need a coach that will always have us ready on game days even if he had the 20th best recruiting class. Good Coaching is everything.

I came to the same conclusion yesterday. We will always get good players talent wise no matter who the coach is, but we need a coach that will always have us ready on game days even if he had the 20th best recruiting class. Good Coaching is everything.

The rest of your post is fine, but that bold portion is a gross error. Too many of our finest have been cherry picked.

I can't name a program wo an elite coach that is a top ten program?

Maybe the Mississippi schools but we have to demand that the university invests in the coaching staff. F the stadium or indoor practice. We need a great coach

The Mississippi schools have some great coaches.........head coaches and assistants..

Don't count out the value of buying top recruits. Since when was Mississippi a top destination for anything??

What top recruit did Mississippi State buy?

Advertisement

The rest of your post is fine, but that bold portion is a gross error. Too many of our finest have been cherry picked.

Our classes have been in the same range these last 10 years. I always felt like we had enough to compete but I do agree a good coach brings the game changers.

Yes, players have gotten away. That will always happen. But there is more than enough talent on the team right now to be elite.

An elite coach can win 11-12 games a year with the 2nd and 3rd best south Florida talent. This myth that you need a staff of recruiters to win here needs to be squashed. Develop your players and win games and recruits come.

Advertisement

Maybe the Mississippi schools but we have to demand that the university invests in the coaching staff. F the stadium or indoor practice. We need a great coach

The Mississippi schools have some great coaches.........head coaches and assistants..

Don't count out the value of buying top recruits. Since when was Mississippi a top destination for anything??

What top recruit didn't the State of Mississippi buy?

FIFY

What top recruit didn't the State of Mississippi buy?

FIFY

So name some top recruits (4*or 5*) that starts for Mississippi St....

I agree great coaches however when we talk about our next coach I always hear - "They need to have HC experience" and "We want a guy from a big conference"
- Jimbo ----- zero head coaching experience before going to FSU ... zero
- Also Kelly's path.... a directional school in Michigan and Cincy

Once again, dont listen to the fans (or the players) when selecting a Head Coach

Advertisement

We won a title with larry coker. Not saying its a normal thing. In certain circumstances it happens. I disagree with OP about jimbo being an "elite coach.

Not saying the coaching search is an easy process. Getting the right guy to run anything, company, sports team, etc is a very hard thing to do. I interview executives every week for our companies, but are probably right 60% of the time?

I don't know if there is a right way to do it, whether it be proven D1 winner (Saban), up and coming assistant (Strong), head coach at good smaller program (Meyer)? But committing to get the right guy (dollars, assistants) is something that this administration has to do, if we are ever going to get back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back