Pretty clear

Canesfrom

Sophomore
Premium
Any half educated football fan can see... Great coaches make the program. From hiring good assistants, getting the most out of their players to making the right calls and game plans, if we don't invest in our staff and hire an elite coach, we'll never be back.

Both Fisher and Kelly are elite coaches as both teams were prepared and ultimately deserved to win. We haven't had a loss like that once in the golden era.

Until our admin sees this simple fact, we'll be an average team.

Advertisement
Any half educated football fan can see... Great coaches make the program. From hiring good assistants, getting the most out of their players to making the right calls and game plans, if we don't invest in our staff and hire an elite coach, we'll never be back.

Both Fisher and Kelly are elite coaches as both teams were prepared and ultimately deserved to win. We haven't had a loss like that once in the golden era.

Admin will quickly point out that neither of those teams use our Process.

This is totally true for college athletics..

I can't name a program wo an elite coach that is a top ten program?

Maybe the Mississippi schools but we have to demand that the university invests in the coaching staff. F the stadium or indoor practice. We need a great coach

Advertisement
i don't agree with fisher, before jamies he was a 3-4 loss corch. once jamies leaves i think he'll go back to corch status. but kelly is the real deal, he's doing more with less and puts together a good gameplan, minus the alabama game of course.

Maybe the Mississippi schools but we have to demand that the university invests in the coaching staff. F the stadium or indoor practice. We need a great coach

The Mississippi schools have some great coaches.........head coaches and assistants..

Now is such a key time. We have a great QB for the first time since Dorsey, all we need is a great coach

i don't agree with fisher, before jamies he was a 3-4 loss corch. once jamies leaves i think he'll go back to corch status. but kelly is the real deal, he's doing more with less and puts together a good gameplan, minus the alabama game of course.

Fisher won the Orange Bowl and the ACC title going 12-2 in 2012, with EJ Manuel. Fisher can coach.

Advertisement

Jimbo is a perfect fit for FSU. He's a lot like Bobby Bowden..........a players coach that lets his assitants recruit and backs his players no matter what. He couldn't work for the Miami administration..

Fisher won the Orange Bowl and the ACC title going 12-2 in 2012, with EJ Manuel. Fisher can coach.

And that year lost to NC State and UF, two teams he had no business losing to. Prior to Jameis Winston, FSU was dropping 1-2 games a year that it shouldn't because of coaching.

Jimbo is a lot like a Mack Brown or a Mark Richt type. A good coach but nothing special and squanders talent. Jimbo got lucky in hitting the QB jackpot that put him over the top, much like Mack Brown did with Vince Young.

And that year lost to NC State and UF, two teams he had no business losing to. Prior to Jameis Winston, FSU was dropping 1-2 games a year that it shouldn't because of coaching.

Jimbo is a lot like a Mack Brown or a Mark Richt type. A good coach but nothing special and squanders talent. Jimbo got lucky in hitting the QB jackpot that put him over the top, much like Mack Brown did with Vince Young.

Florida state had 7 players drafted last year and 6 more sign as free agents. They're much more than 1 quarterback deep ala Bryce petty. I'm not crowning jimbo, but that team last year was no fluke, it was a perfect storm. And Brian Kelly consistently takes slightly above average teams with easy schedules to BCS games. Neither is anything like Mack brown.

And if that isn't enough, Mack brown is a HUGE step up from Albert golden. Mack brown 244-122 vs Albert golden 53-52... Are you kidding?!

Well, UF that year went 11-1 before losing to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl (BCS Bowl). It takes talent to win, and Fisher improved every year at FSU before finally winning the national title last year (**** I hate saying that). NC St. always plays FSU close. It's just weird.

I'd take Fisher all day as our coach before Golden. I just think it's laughable that we fault a coach for having the best player in the nation for winning. He recruited him and they developed him. We have talented kids every year, yet we don't do **** with them.

Man....fvck this staff.

Advertisement

Well, UF that year went 11-1 before losing to Louisville in the Sugar Bowl (BCS Bowl). It takes talent to win, and Fisher improved every year at FSU before finally winning the national title last year (**** I hate saying that). NC St. always plays FSU close. It's just weird.

I'd take Fisher all day as our coach before Golden. I just think it's laughable that we fault a coach for having the best player in the nation for winning. He recruited him and they developed him. We have talented kids every year, yet we don't do **** with them.

Man....fvck this staff.

I would take Fisher over Golden too, that is not the argument or the point. I'd take a lot of coaches over Golden.

I'm not faulting Jimbo for having the best player in the nation. He hit the jackpot and Jameis won him a title. However, prior to Jameis, FSU was a supremely talented team that lost 1-3 games a year that it shouldn't have.

The Mississippi schools have some great coaches.........head coaches and assistants..

Don't count out the value of buying top recruits. Since when was Mississippi a top destination for anything??

Losing only 1-3 games a year that are close and probably should've been won is the sign of a good team on the brink of being great. That's how every other great team in the country operates in today's cfb. We're very very far away with Albert. Your jimbo fisher comparison just serves as the road map to success, and a reminder of how far away we are right now. Want to go 34 or bust again? 58-0 at home? Pipe dream. In the real world it's about winning games every saturday, and Albert doesn't really care about that #ignorethenoise

Advertisement
Fisher's staff plays to win, Miami's staff plays not to lose. Last play of the game last night and it looked like FSU went man and sent everyone else, forcing Gholston into a hasty bad pass. All I could think of was what defense would I have seen Miami run on that play? Probably one with the linebackers standing in the endzone when the ball was snapped. It's sad that you can look at one play and realize it'll be years before your favorite team will be in a game that important again.

image.jpg

Outside for coming out and saying, " I'm a piece of **** coach", what else does Golden need to do to prove he sucks as a coach. I don't get the debate! I don't know why they want to continue to pay $ millions to a guy who is below average at "all" fazes of what a good coach needs to be:

1. Terrible talent evaluator
2. Below average recruiter
3. Terrible coaching hires
4. Terrible talent developer
5. Terrible practice and game day preparations
6. Horrible schematic philosophy
7. Horrendous at making game time adjustments
8. Just dadgum silly about doing the same things that don't work
9. Totally lacks the capacity to put players at their natural position
10. The BEST at making excuses since the arrival of children!
11. Has the worse stats in school history! record against quality opponents, defensive yardage yielded, 3rd down % and polarizing the fan base.

The simple question would any school hire Folden and Doritos to be their next coach. That would answer the question.

Advertisement
Back