2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Canes; love Miami Hurricanes football more than I love my other sports teams, simply b/c I chose to be a Canes fan at a young age while I was born in to the other teams I root for.

Sometimes fans, mostly fanatics, have a very obstruct view of their teams that leads to them be overtly critical or overtly blind. I love CIS b/c it’s polarizing combining the mopes w/ the pumpers, and a sprinkle of the realist to balance it out. It’s why this is by far the best fan site on any platform.

I will classify myself as a realist, and here’s the reality, family: The honeymoon, first yr bump is over. Now, we have to show these kids something. Here’s the other harsh reality, one that hurts & makes zero sense trying to comprehend it w/ our history:

The University of Miami, since 2004, have had ONE QB drafted (2017 - Brad Kaaya 6th round). I need u to let that sink in; despite all of the 5 & 4 star QBs this school has recruited, have been signal callers, we’ve had ONE QB drafted in almost 20 yrs, & he had a sip of coffee career in the NFL. We had 6 QBs drafted the first 20 yrs, & only one the last 20 yrs. So it’s going to be hard to convince a highly ranked kid who wasn’t even born during those 6 QBs playing careers to come to a school that hasn’t produced at his position + saw our highly touted QB last season look **** poor.

Perception is reality; folks, u can say OSU has all these QBs that are bust at the NFL, but the goal of a school is to get u paid at the next level. While we’ve produced One NFL draftable QB in the last 20 yrs, OSU is on the precipice of having 6 drafted, including the last 3 in the first round, all while this young man is young & impressionable.

We must show something this season. Mario can’t keep relying upon The Herbert card b/c:
1. Mario didn’t recruit Herbert (Scott Frost did)
2. That’s ancient history & none of Mario’s recruited QBs have done chit.

Change the narrative this season by being better than 5-7, have TVD show case he’s a NFL top 3 round talent, and have some WRs put up big numbers. If none of that comes to fruition, I promise u there won’t be enough NIL $$ in the world to sway top kids from going to other programs who are now on the NIL trail.

If Noland is our guy, & we put something nice on the field, hopefully we can flip him down the road. Still a lot of time between April - December.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love my Canes, love Miami Hurricanes football more than I love my other sports teams, simply b/c I chose to be a Canes fan at a young age while I was born in to the other teams I root for.

Sometimes fans, mostly fanatics, have a very obstruct view of their teams that leads to them be overtly critical or overtly blind. I love CIS b/c it’s polarizing combining the mopes w/ the pumpers, and a sprinkle of the realist to balance it out. It’s why this is by far the best fan site on any platform.

I will classify myself as a realist, and here’s the reality family: The honeymoon, first yr bump is over. Now, we have to show these kids something. Here’s the other harsh reality, one that hurts & makes zero sense trying to comprehend w/ our history:

The University of Miami, since 2004, have had ONE QB drafted (2017 - Brad Kaaya 6th round). I need u to let that sink in; despite all of the 5 & 4 star QBs this school has recruited, have been signal callers, we’ve had ONE QB drafted in almost 20 yrs, & he had a sip of coffee career in the NFL. We 6 QBs drafted the first 20 yrs, & only one the last 20 yrs. So it’s going to be hard to convince a highly ranked kid who wasn’t even born during those 6 QBs playing careers to come to a school that hasn’t produced at his position + saw our highly touted QB last season look **** poor.

Perception is reality; folks, u can say OSU has all these QBs that are bust at the NFL, but the goal of a school is to get u paid at the next level. While we’ve produced One NFL draftable QB in the last 20 yrs, OSU is on the precipice of having 6 drafted, including the last 3 in the first round, all while this young man is young & impressionable.

We must show something this season. Mario can’t keep relying upon The Herbert card b/c:

Change the narrative this season by being better than 5-7, have TVD show case he’s a NFL top 3 round talent, and have some WRs put up big numbers. If none of that comes to fruition, I promise u there won’t be enough NIL $$ in the world to sway top kids from going to other programs who are now on the NIL trail.

If Noland is our guy, & we put something nice on the field, hopefully we can flip him down the road. Still a lot of time between April - December.
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Miami has been generally awful for 15 years, hitting rock bottom on offense last season. When we slow play someone it's a h ell of a lot different than when a perennial playoff contender with a track record of getting kids drafted does it.
I agree with you, but this isn’t just Ohio state, kids were die hard Miami fans got their feelings hurt that we offered so late and went to teams like West Virginia to spite us. I can’t blame Noland but this is not the first time this has happened it’s just more tolerable cause he’s actually going to a good team. Rules are different for Miami and have been for years.

At this point.. I’m praying for a transfer QB that can actually start for us in 2024.. cause we look to be beyond ****ed, after TVD leaves.
Just like we were when D King got hurt….oh that’s right we found a TVD. I can’t wait for 11 to ball out.

Advertisement
What are the chances with Raiola?
I’d figure Mario would take a chance considering his dad was an olineman.
Gotta be slim to none, you don’t just decommit from OSU as a QB and seemingly ghost them without a pretty good idea of who your gonna pick.

Advertisement
Cristobal made the adjustment. Late or not. Man cant keep yapping on and on about his track record when we also have a OC with a track record with offense and QBs that Gattis didnt. This is not about Cristobal and Dawson. Its about SFE and Ohio. I dont care about nothing about 2004 and Jacory amd Kyle Wright and none of that. We spending and operating lime a big school. When A&M started doing it there was no oh its because they aint won nothing since 1763. Naa. We get elite players to commit to Miami. Ray Ray is elite snd from south FL, Nyjelik, Bain, Damari etc etc. We are struggling to outrecruit SFE/Ohio. Simple

That’s the part that hurts. He made from a “ Due diligence” perspective the Ideal choice. I can’t blame QB’s who choose OSU or Lincoln Riley over the field. Likewise DE/DT’s choosing Georgia or Bama. Miami somehow has to change the narrative. It hurts when you know in your heart your team isn’t the Best option for a player.

Advertisement
Cristobal made the adjustment. Late or not. Man cant keep yapping on and on about his track record when we also have a OC with a track record with offense and QBs that Gattis didnt. This is not about Cristobal and Dawson. Its about SFE and Ohio. I dont care about nothing about 2004 and Jacory amd Kyle Wright and none of that. We spending and operating lime a big school. When A&M started doing it there was no oh its because they aint won nothing since 1763. Naa. We get elite players to commit to Miami. Ray Ray is elite snd from south FL, Nyjelik, Bain, Damari etc etc. We are struggling to outrecruit SFE/Ohio. Simple
Plain and simple

Advertisement
Gibson was a better athlete and Air is a better quarterback. Air threw for more in one season than Gibsons’ whole prep career.

Jacurri and Gibson have similarities except Brown has more weight on him.
I agree even though I like Browns work ethic and him wanting to improve his game from the pocket. He wants to prove people wrong and understands running is nice but championships are won from the pocket. Being a run threat makes the game a lot easier especially with seeing fewer coverages and having your athletic to fall back on but he was one dimensional last year. He was just unequipped for the moment last year and it wasn’t fair.

That’s why I kept saying sit him for a year and mold him into what he can be. That’ll be great for JB and Miami‘s future.

Last edited:
Gonna have to trust the staff and their evaluations... There are always teams that light it up offensively with less touted players than us. Coaching has a ton do with it. Hopefully Guidry and Dawson are the goods. Been a fan for over 30 years, and that is all I can realistically hope for at this juncture.

I agree even though I like Browns work ethic and him wanting to improve his game from the pocket. He wants to prove people wrong and understands running is nice but championships are won from the pocket. Being a run threat makes the game a lot easier especially with seeing fewer coverages and having your athletic to fall back on but he was one dimensional last year. He was just unequipped for the moment last year and it wasn’t fair.

That’s why I kept saying sit him for a year and mold him into what he can be. That’ll be great for him and Miami‘s future.
Agree. It is telling to me how much Mario has publicly praised him since he got here. His military parents gave him strong foundation to not rest on his laurels or be an assclown off the field like Jarren and Nkosi. No way should those two have left miami less accomplished than rosier. Gibson did not have the work ethic, cerebralness, will to love the pocket, or any type of improvement mindset.

Hopefully 18 months from now Jacurri’s intermediate throws will have better speed and anticipation working with Dawson. Accuracy is a very tough skill to improve on, but it can be improved on.

I love what another poster said about malik rosier winning ten games here, stop being so impatient with jacurri because of a bad start career no one was ready for.

Last edited:
I love my Canes; love Miami Hurricanes football more than I love my other sports teams, simply b/c I chose to be a Canes fan at a young age while I was born in to the other teams I root for.

I will classify myself as a realist, and here’s the reality, family: The honeymoon, first yr bump is over. Now, we have to show these kids something. Here’s the other harsh reality, one that hurts & makes zero sense trying to comprehend it w/ our history:

The University of Miami, since 2004, have had ONE QB drafted (2017 - Brad Kaaya 6th round). I need u to let that sink in; despite all of the 5 & 4 star QBs this school has recruited, have been signal callers, we’ve had ONE QB drafted in almost 20 yrs, & he had a sip of coffee career in the NFL. We had 6 QBs drafted the first 20 yrs, & only one the last 20 yrs. So it’s going to be hard to convince a highly ranked kid who wasn’t even born during those 6 QBs playing careers to come to a school that hasn’t produced at his position + saw our highly touted QB last season look **** poor.

We’re not flipping Noland even if we win the national championship and TVD throws for 60 TDs. It’s the hardest position to get a flip on (with the exception of Rashada and Moore). Besides that, I am firmly of the belief that some kids would never come here even if the NIL offer was the top and Miami was perpetually winning national championships, even if this was their stated “dream school”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back