2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah Noland is from So FL, i forgot. Brah. They up they gonna get the QB pick first. With the portal you can have Qb's transfer quite easily.
One of these highly touted QBs at UGA, Bama or OSU will hit the portal as soon as the writing is on the wall that they won’t be seeing the field any time soon.

If we can’t get Noland, then Mario needs to have his eyes set on one of these guys.

It’s not the formula for long term success, but we’ve got to make the best of our current situation and go from there.

One of these highly touted QBs at UGA, Bama or OSU will hit the portal as soon as the writing is on the wall that they won’t be seeing the field any time soon.

If we can’t get Noland, then Mario needs to have his eyes set on one of these guys.

It’s not the formula for long term success, but we’ve got to make the best of our current situation and go from there.
Ewers just dumped Ohio State to go to 5-7 Texas. Its one of the easiest position to get players to portal.

Advertisement
Ewers just dumped Ohio State to go to 5-7 Texas. Its one of the easiest position to get players to portal.

Between the 10~ four and five star kids who decommit/flip each year, to how many highly ranked guys end up in the portal, to how many top kids just plain flop, the odds of getting an elite early QB commit and having him become a high level starter at your school eventually are pretty **** small these days.

I'm too lazy and busy to take a dive into the data but I would guess that around 85-90% of QB's never end up playing up to their ranking at the first school they commit to. Flips, transfers, busts ftw.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The season TVD will have will be the most important moment of Mario's tenure. If TVD blows up.. we csn land an elite QB at the high school level or portal and we are cooking.

What I like is that Dawson is a very good Qab developer. Look what he did with that MID UH QB they had. TVD is levels above that guy. Produce and they shall come

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think what TVD does or doesn't do next year will matter all that much for QB recruiting. Top HS QB recruits are going to told by the likes of OSU that one year of a good offense at Miami could be a fluke.

And they will also be told to consider that if Dawsons offense does turn out to be successful, he could get hired away from Miami and Cristobal could go back to bro-style with his next OC.

As proof they can point to just last year, when Miami was coming off consecutive years of a top 25 offense with Lashlees spread O. Cristobal deliberately chose to go in the opposite direction of what turned TVD into a potential day 1 draft pick and suddenly TVD looked like he wasn't even qualified to be a FCS QB. Sure, Cristobal just hired Dawson, but the recruits will be told they shouldnt trust that Cristobal will stick with a high octane offense long term. Now if we see a top offense 3 years in a row, it will pretty much put to rest the questions about Cristobals offenses long term, but now we are talking about not being competitive for elite QBs until 2027-2028.

As for thinking a top QB transfer will come to UM, I think it may be less likely than an elite HS QB. A top HS QB has a get out of jail free card, if he goes to Bama or Ohio State and gets stuck on the bench, he can transfer to USC or UCLA and have a chance to turn into a top draft pick in a prolific offense. If he goes to Miami and then Dawson gets hired away, it could pretty much mean the end of their football career. Not going to sit out for a year and try again somewhere else.

So how can UM get out from this shadow and convince elite QBs to commit? It's pretty straightforward IMO. Teenagers aren't the best decision makers. They can be convinced to take a guaranteed huge amount of money today over the possibility of making more money 4 years from now if they are able to beat out other 5 stars ahead of them and play at an extremely high level.

Think about the decision being weighed on a scale. On one end, you have the long term POSSIBILITY of getting drafted in the 1st round, top draft pick $$$ and being on a championship caliber squad. On that end you have OSU, Bama, UGA, and maybe a couple others. We are on the exact opposite side right now, especially after the debacle last year. Now on the other end, where we are at, you have the short term and the possibility of being an 18 year old multimillionaire straight out of HS. That means it's possible to tip the scale in our favor, but it's going to take a h ell of a lot of money to convince a QB to look at the short term. If we want to get elite QBs, we're going to have to give them mind boggling NIL $$$. We are quite fortunate, the rules today make this possible and legal. In the past, it would have needed to be done under the table. That's just being realistic of where we are.

Advertisement
Osu has Devin Brown and Kienholz who are both power 5 starter types in the 22/23 classes. I know you have to stack talent as some transfer, some don’t pan out, etc. But we seem like the only school that doesn’t have great success with “Dream School” hopefully we can change that.

It’s been said for months Osu was the offer this kid wanted. So not surprised. Judd looks like a good 2nd Qb who could be a Steal but I def hope we go after another.

All that being said this is obviously a make or break year offensively for Mario recruiting Qb’s and big time Wr’s.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I don't think what TVD does or doesn't do next year will matter all that much for QB recruiting. Top HS QB recruits are going to told by the likes of OSU that one year of a good offense at Miami could be a fluke.

And they will also be told to consider that if Dawsons offense does turn out to be successful, he could get hired away from Miami and Cristobal could go back to bro-style with his next OC.

As proof they can point to just last year, when Miami was coming off consecutive years of a top 25 offense with Lashlees spread O. Cristobal deliberately chose to go in the opposite direction of what turned TVD into a potential day 1 draft pick and suddenly TVD looked like he wasn't even qualified to be a FCS QB. Sure, Cristobal just hired Dawson, but the recruits will be told they shouldnt trust that Cristobal will stick with a high octane offense long term. Now if we see a top offense 3 years in a row, it will pretty much put to rest the questions about Cristobals offenses long term, but now we are talking about not being competitive for elite QBs until 2027-2028.

As for thinking a top QB transfer will come to UM, I think it may be less likely than an elite HS QB. A top HS QB has a get out of jail free card, if he goes to Bama or Ohio State and gets stuck on the bench, he can transfer to USC or UCLA and have a chance to turn into a top draft pick in a prolific offense. If he goes to Miami and then Dawson gets hired away, it could pretty much mean the end of their football career. Not going to sit out for a year and try again somewhere else.

So how can UM get out from this shadow and convince elite QBs to commit? It's pretty straightforward IMO. Teenagers aren't the best decision makers. They can be convinced to take a guaranteed huge amount of money today over the possibility of making more money 4 years from now if they are able to beat out other 5 stars ahead of them and play at an extremely high level.

Think about the decision being weighed on a scale. On one end, you have the long term POSSIBILITY of getting drafted in the 1st round, top draft pick $$$ and being on a championship caliber squad. On that end you have OSU, Bama, UGA, and maybe a couple others. We are on the exact opposite side right now, especially after the debacle last year. Now on the other end, where we are at, you have the short term and the possibility of being an 18 year old multimillionaire straight out of HS. That means it's possible to tip the scale in our favor, but it's going to take a h ell of a lot of money to convince a QB to look at the short term. If we want to get elite QBs, we're going to have to give them mind boggling NIL $$$. We are quite fortunate, the rules today make this possible and legal. In the past, it would have needed to be done under the table. That's just being realistic of where we are.
To summarize…………Pay them **** YOU LEVELS OF MONEY

Advertisement
Osu has Devin Brown and Kienholz who are both power 5 starter types in the 22/23 classes. I know you have to stack talent as some transfer, some don’t pan out, etc. But we seem like the only school that doesn’t have great success with “Dream School” hopefully we can change that.

It’s been said for months Osu was the offer this kid wanted. So not surprised. Judd looks like a good 2nd Qb who could be a Steal but I def hope we go after another.

All that being said this is obviously a make or break year offensively for Mario recruiting Qb’s and big time Wr’s.
Year 2 is a make or break for Mario and his offense for recruiting? Lol. C’mon.

Year 2 is a make or break for Mario and his offense for recruiting? Lol. C’mon.
Make or break may have been strong. But if we have another sub par offensive season it isn’t exactly going to help the stigmas attached to Mario. Land Air from and Optics point would have been huge. Hopefully we put up numbers and TVD is the catalyst.

Make or break may have been strong. But if we have another sub par offensive season it isn’t exactly going to help the stigmas attached to Mario. Land Air from and Optics point would have been huge. Hopefully we put up numbers and TVD is the catalyst.
Fair. I still think Mario will be fine. Recruiting won’t be a problem with Mario and our resources. I expect us to win more of these battles in 2-3 years.

The question is whether he still plans on using his 5 officials after he commits? If so, offense needs to ball out and hope that gives him a reason to come back officially in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back