2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I’d be stunned if we got this kid, especially if Ohio State is spending money on NIL now. I just think it’s a tall order at this point.

Yeah, I had some optimism that Smith would flip, based on things I had heard about a month ago, but from what I'm hearing now Taint has really stepped in to address a couple of issues and I'm reversing my prior prediction. There's always an outside shot, but this one is a longshot.

View attachment 234792

let GIF

Huh-huh, he said "Perroni"...

1680813044920.jpeg

QB recruiting is such a crapshoot. Or maybe we should say the websites can't evaluate for ****. The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #10.

More guys outside the top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #29 QB in America.

These are additional Class of 2020 quarterbacks who are potentially entering a good situation/ may be in line for significant playing time this year:

Carson Beck, Georgia (No. 19, No. 250 overall)
Chandler Morris, TCU via Oklahoma (No. 32, No. 448 overall)
Hudson Card, Purdue via Texas (No. 4, No. 59 overall)

I agree, but the point of that post and what the 247 peeps were conveying was the momentum that a perceived top QB recruit can bring with them - especially for a team like Miami who hasn't had a lot of QB success recently (and the bit of success we did have was under a previous coach).

Advertisement
From the A&M site this afternoon, FWIW

Noland's decision is coming up on Saturday. Though he has said before that he's known where he is going to choose for some time, I don't believe that is actually the case. No school has been told anything at this point and there are still moving parts as he looks at potential NIL and other things like that.

After Noland's Ohio State visit this past weekend, the Buckeyes felt pretty confident and it seemed like they had the momentum. Prior to that, A&M felt like it was them vs. Miami and that is what others thought at well. Ohio State seemed to be in a good place but the Buckeyes may be slipping a bit.

Ohio State waited until his visit to offer and that is something other schools are using, wondering why it took them so long and if they are as high on him. He has been an A&M and Miami target for much longer and has also built very strong relationships at both places. The Buckeyes are still a major player but people may have been conceding things to them far too early.

A&M and Miami are the other two that are still very much in play as well. Both are giving hard sells in the final days and it could honestly go the way of any of those three programs. The Aggies and Canes could even be a bit ahead of the Buckeyes at this point due to familiarity.

I know everyone wants to know exactly what he's doing, but he has played things pretty close to the vest and also looks to still be up in the air at the moment, so this is as much as we have right now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
***** osu.

We’re a basketball school now. They must not have heard.

No idea who that guy is but sure, I suppose “we have a chance”. :)
He’s not Cribby - though he’s stayed away from this so far - but I suppose he’s the closest they have to him. He’s got connections from what I’ve seen. I’d welcome him over here as a poster for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back