2024 Prentiss "Air" Noland 4* QB from GA (Langston Hughes - Commits to Buckeyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if that's the route we take, our post-TVD QB room will become yet another effective negative recruiting pitch for opposing programs to use as we try to reverse course with trying to sign elite, Brandon Inniss/Jeremiah Smith-level WR's.

Yeah that's a concern for me. Let's say TVD has an excellent year and goes to the draft. Well now then teams can ask elite WRs, "Who is going to throw you the ball in Miami?" So then we miss on those elite WRs, and the top QB recruits, in turn, aren't going to be interested because they don't see WR1 on the roster. It's a catch 22. And IMO the only way to get out of the downward spiral is to wildly overpay for the skill positions. It doesn't have to happen every year, but it has to happen at least once. Offer an eye watering NIL deal to a #1 WR and an elite QB, then it will be much easier to land them in the future without having to offer nearly as much.

Advertisement
This kid is ghey for hartline. I don’t care if a kid commits elsewhere. Happens all the time. But this kid made hartline his avatar and tweets out glamour shots of his cuckmaster like a love sick teenage girl. I’m
What is telling is that OSU has taken over SFE. Hartline wears SFE stuff and SFE is changing its colors. It is funded by a OSU booster and they make no bones about pushing the kids to OSU. Auburn has the same relationship with DefCon. Miami boosters needs to get in the 7n7 game.

What is telling is that OSU has taken over SFE. Hartline wears SFE stuff and SFE is changing its colors. It is funded by a OSU booster and they make no bones about pushing the kids to OSU. Auburn has the same relationship with DefCon. Miami boosters needs to get in the 7n7 game.
Hartline, Keenan Bailey who’s from sfla plus the sfe ties. They identify kids down here years out.

But really osu could have zero ties to a 7on7 team and they’d still get elite WRs from here and everywhere else that’s just what they’ve become. They really don’t get many other positions from here

Advertisement
Didn’t we already do that with the Immortals?

A few bucks, yes. But what OSU and Auburn boosters are giving to SFE and Auburn, respectively, is on another level.
Rome wasn’t built in a day. These schools not only invested money but they invested time. Previous staffs and more importantly the admin allowed for this to happen. Taint has been down here for years starting with STA. I have no doubt Mario will get this done, what I do have SOME doubts on is actual coaching.

Recruiting is the foundation of a program but at some point there needs to be returns. That’s what is happening at Taint. Multiple QBs being drafted in the 1st round. McClaurin, Olave, and Garrett Wilson producing in the league. ****, even their busts like Paris Campbell is as good as our best offering the last decade or so.

We win 8 last year and everything is different right now. We need to show we have turned the corner. Now, many will turn and point why does this only apply to Miami? Well Miami has been **** for nearly 20 years when we only won 10 games once.

Hartline, Keenan Bailey who’s from sfla plus the sfe ties. They identify kids down here years out.

But really osu could have zero ties to a 7on7 team and they’d still get elite WRs from here and everywhere else that’s just what they’ve become. They really don’t get many other positions from here
Isn't that supposedly what's going down with Duasso over at Raw? Hopefully they can snag some elite kids to play for them and we can get Ruiz on the take over there.

Advertisement
Rome wasn’t built in a day. These schools not only invested money but they invested time. Previous staffs and more importantly the admin allowed for this to happen. Taint has been down here for years starting with STA. I have no doubt Mario will get this done, what I do have SOME doubts on is actual coaching.

Recruiting is the foundation of a program but at some point there needs to be returns. That’s what is happening at Taint. Multiple QBs being drafted in the 1st round. McClaurin, Olave, and Garrett Wilson producing in the league. ****, even their busts like Paris Campbell is as good as our best offering the last decade or so.

We win 8 last year and everything is different right now. We need to show we have turned the corner. Now, many will turn and point why does this only apply to Miami? Well Miami has been **** for nearly 20 years when we only won 10 games once.
Hard to compete with a program that has been run like an NFL team for decades and runs an elite offense like that. That being said, this is more to do with NIL from my understanding.

Hard to compete with a program that has been run like an NFL team for decades and runs an elite offense like that. That being said, this is more to do with NIL from my understanding.
That’s interesting to hear but apologies if I’m skeptical. The narrative last cycle was that Taint was behind on NIL stemming from the Innis recruitment. Now it’s different? Very well could be but that sounds like something our rivals would say anytime we beat them for a recruit last cycle.

Last edited:
That’s interesting to hear but apologies if I’m skeptical. The narrative last cycle was that Taint was behind on NIL stemming from the Innis recruitment. Now it’s different? Very well could be but that sounds like something our rivals would say anytime we beat them for a recruit last cycle.
I think that narrative is just smoke and message board rumors.

Ohio State has one of the biggest alumni bases in the country (ranked 6th overall) and are diehards when it comes to their program. They’ve also been caught in the past funding players directly.

But now people expect me to believe they have a hard time pulling in money for college football? Na. Don’t believe it for a second.

Advertisement
Air has pretty much been an OSU lean for a very long time. It’s the only offer he wanted. Even if he did commit to us pre-OSU offer, he would have been on high alert flip watch the whole time until they did offer.

This fu***** sucks. Is it that hard for us to have a game changing qb these days!? We can never have nice things.
Did you watch our offense last year? Mario made the necessary changes in the offseason but anyone thinking a top QB was actually going to commit to us sight unseen was delusional.

I think that narrative is just smoke and message board rumors.

Ohio State has one of the biggest alumni bases in the country (ranked 6th overall) and are diehards when it comes to their program. They’ve also been caught in the past funding players directly.

But now people expect me to believe they have a hard time pulling in money for college football? Na. Don’t believe it for a second.
I would agree with this for the very same reasons you just posted but the NIL issues were brought to this board by posters that are connected. I believe that they stated that it was a lack of funds because of arrogance more than anything. They didn’t think they had to evolve. It’s very possible that this changed as well.

I would agree with this for the very same reasons you just posted but the NIL issues were brought to this board by posters that are connected. I believe that they stated that it was a lack of funds because of arrogance more than anything. They didn’t think they had to evolve. It’s very possible that this changed as well.
I could have misunderstood but I thought I remember them saying as it pertained to Inniss that they weren't shelling out crazy money in NIL. I don't remember it being said they had NIL issues, rather they just weren't willing to pay top dollar for Inniss, which in fairness, makes sense considering they are/were already loaded at WR. For an elite QB in a year their QB room looks a little light, that could change things with what they are willing to pay.

Advertisement
Ohio State NIL Collective been having NIL Expo and Events with players charging for tickets. I posted about this on main board in NIL thread. They had two collectives but they have merged now. I highly doubt they are having money issues.

Reading stuff like this makes me realize the true staggering level of incompetence that's been in place for the past 20 years. And it also gives me a better picture of the mountain of work that Mario walked into.

Ohio State NIL Collective been having NIL Expo and Events with players charging for tickets. I posted about this on main board in NIL thread. They had two collectives but they have merged now. I highly doubt they are having money issues.
They don't have money issues, they just don't like to get into crazy bidding wars. They started out rough in NIL but have figured it out recently. Fortunately for them, their product on the field produces at an elite level and kids want to be a part of that. WE absolutely need to be a consistent 9+ win team every year or we will get left behind...again. The timing has to be now or I am convinced we will never be an elite program ever again. Curse has to break at some point...right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back