Pregame upset stomach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Before every Cane I get an upset stomach. Some people call it butterflies. This year they came early. Just wondering if anyone else gets these feelings?
Stop thinking about last year, it should subside....God willing, permanently.

We know you're typing, you don't need to bold everything you're saying lol

Advertisement
Before every Cane I get an upset stomach. Some people call it butterflies. This year they came early. Just wondering if anyone else gets these feelings?
We've been meaning to have a word with you.

Do You Need Help? 10 Warning Signs of Alcoholism​

Recognizing the symptoms of alcoholism can make a tremendous difference in getting proper treatment and heading down the path to recovery. Some warning signs include:

• Drinking more than planned or intended
  • Getting an upset stomach prior to Miami Hurricane Football games
  • Failing to fulfill obligations at school, work or home (making drinking a priority, despite responsibilities, leading to missed school or work)
  • Continuing to use despite negative impacts on relationships, financial situation or health
  • Using in situations that could be physically hazardous, like drinking and driving
  • Showing an increased tolerance to alcohol (drinking more in order to achieve the same desired effect). Because the brain changes with alcohol abuse, one of the first physiological signs of addiction is building up a tolerance.
  • Experiencing physical or psychological withdrawal symptoms when attempting to stop drinking (anxiety, depression, insomnia, nausea, sweating, hand tremors/"the shakes," confusion, seizures and visual hallucinations)
  • Losing interest in once-enjoyed activities or becoming socially isolated
  • Becoming dishonest or secretive, aggressive, moody, or temperamental—people who have an alcohol addiction will try to hide it.
  • Craving alcohol, such as drinking first thing in the morning
  • Spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about drinking, acquiring alcohol, and recovering from hangovers

Not really, OP.
The last couple of years I've only experienced post-game upset stomachs. Expecting that to cease and desist this season, though.

I can relate but ****, we ain't playing a top team . Jez Louise. Just win and that's all.

Advertisement

When the stakes were higher and Miami was actually good—absolutely. Started around 1991-1992 when I was in high school / freshman year of college and the Canes were taking on Florida State or Penn State in a monster game.

Went away mid-to-late nineties when UM was on probation and sucked. (Butterflies were the last thing I was thinking sitting at Doak Campbell in 1997, witnessing 47-0 in person.)

Big stress kicked in again around 1999 for the Kickoff Classic against Ohio State, Penn State, Florida State, et al that year and continued through around 2006, when Miami was trash again.

Thankfully, in my older age, I've learned to temper expectations and I'm not getting worked up over the team when they're **** (outside of when the player Florida or Florida State.)

1599677630087.png

Advertisement
I know that I'll have a lot of booze in me. Get the juices flowing. Beer and SHOTS of vodka. I won't even look at the NFL game.

Lol after that nonsense we went thru at the end of the year can’t say as I blame you. Hopefully this team has matured and we can beat the teams we are supposed to beat.
I have a real good feeling that this team will make me eat a lot of crow cause I was real crybaby at the end of last year.

Go canes the fans are ready. Bring a bright spot to 2020

Advertisement
Back