Predictions when Corch is fired

Too early to say, it all depends on what moves he makes with his staff between now and August. Here's two general possible scenarios, as I see it, obviously, there would be a lot of room in between.

• Richt promotes for DC from within and promotes from off-field staff to fill whatever on-field staff positions end up vacated once all the dust settles. In this scenario, he will be done at the end of next season, possibly during the season if there is another 4 game skid, particularly if we get blown out.
  • Richt swings big, lilJon gets a "promotion" at a lower tier program, we bring in a well-reputed and well-paid DC, and do the same at OC. In this scenario, I think he's here through at least 2019 and 2020 seasons, almost no matter what the record is next year. The argument/vibe around the program would be that staff overhauls are always difficult, but the foundation is now set and we need to allow time to let things gel.
Just a guess.

I know things were bad during the last year or two of Golden's tenure, but I truly think it's worse now. Golden had the excuse of sanctions, and a lot of us have also learned from that experience that, once it's clear what the problem is, and that the guy in charge is obstinately refusing to address the problem for personal reasons, there is no chance of turning things around. I really disagree with @nystateofmind on this one, I think there is a real chance Dicht is let go either during or after next season, but maybe that's just unwarranted optimism on my part.

Advertisement
So were only gonna play two OOC games next year ? Don’t see us losing at home to GT.... loss to FLA and FSU Duke is losing their QB I think so that’s a win and two more wins against whatever cupcakes we schedule before conference play

No. 8 conference games and 4 non-con, just like always. The schedule isn't fully set yet is all. I'm fairly certain we also have FIU next year, it's a road game but hasn't been announced where yet. Most likely either HRS or that ****hole that currently desecrates the old OB (RIP) site. Not sure yet who the 4th non-con will be, or at least I don't recall off the top of my head.

No. 8 conference games and 4 non-con, just like always. The schedule isn't fully set yet is all. I'm fairly certain we also have FIU next year, it's a road game but hasn't been announced where yet. Most likely either HRS or that ****hole that currently desecrates the old OB (RIP) site. Not sure yet who the 4th non-con will be, or at least I don't recall off the top of my head.
Yea op forgot about the two missing OOC games when he made his prediction

Yea op forgot about the two missing OOC games when he made his prediction

Well, yeah, either forgot or those two non-con games could theoretically end up being later in the year, so outside of OP's point.

But Jesus help us if we don't win easily against FIU. So maybe he just left it out to better suit his argument. Not sure.

I feel it's 100% inevitable. I say next season after we lose to Georgia Tech and our record is 1-4.
Losing to UF
Win central Michigan
Lose to Duke
Lose to FSU
Lose to GT

And that should be that.

Have another beer, it cant hurt you any further!

iJlCL.gif

Advertisement
https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/miami-fl/

That is what I used for reference.

That's what I figured. The schedule for next year just isn't finished yet.

Hope you didn't take my comment about better suiting your argument personally. It's been a rough go of it lately for the "this is fine" crowd, so I like to throw them a bone every once in a while to try and establish a rapport and comfort them in their time of need. We're all going through a pretty tough period right now. Gotta stick together.

Advertisement
Too early to say, it all depends on what moves he makes with his staff between now and August. Here's two general possible scenarios, as I see it, obviously, there would be a lot of room in between.

• Richt promotes for DC from within and promotes from off-field staff to fill whatever on-field staff positions end up vacated once all the dust settles. In this scenario, he will be done at the end of next season, possibly during the season if there is another 4 game skid, particularly if we get blown out.
  • Richt swings big, lilJon gets a "promotion" at a lower tier program, we bring in a well-reputed and well-paid DC, and do the same at OC. In this scenario, I think he's here through at least 2019 and 2020 seasons, almost no matter what the record is next year. The argument/vibe around the program would be that staff overhauls are always difficult, but the foundation is now set and we need to allow time to let things gel.
Just a guess.

I know things were bad during the last year or two of Golden's tenure, but I truly think it's worse now. Golden had the excuse of sanctions, and a lot of us have also learned from that experience that, once it's clear what the problem is, and that the guy in charge is obstinately refusing to address the problem for personal reasons, there is no chance of turning things around. I really disagree with @nystateofmind on this one, I think there is a real chance Dicht is let go either during or after next season, but maybe that's just unwarranted optimism on my part.

Yeah, dude ain't making it to 1/1/2020. This is beyond amateur hour right now. Holy fvck.

Richt is on contract till 2023 thanks to Blake James. This administration is ultra-cheap and slow to react, unless it is prematurely extending contracts of course. I predict he will be here 2 years minimum.
Also, if Blake fires Richt next season and UM has to payout a large buyout, Blake's head will be on the line. You do not lose millions of dollars for an organization due to your stupid decisions and keep your job (unless you work for the government). James probably realizes this and understands Richt's failure and subsequent buyout will ultimately lead to his own removal. Therefore, James will keep backing Richt as long as possible to save his own ***. In my opinion, this is not about Richt or the success of the program at this point. Anyone with an IQ over 70 knows the program is in a total tail spin and Richt is not going to work out here. Keeping Richt is about money and the AD from losing his own job. We are truly f*cked. This is much worse then the Al Golden fiasco in my opinion, it will be much harder for this administration to get rid of Richt.

Richt is under contract because he has been a highly successful coach while you are probably unemployed because you're obviously a loser.

Richt is under contract because he has been a highly successful coach while you are probably unemployed because you're obviously a loser.

Not unemployed, I’m an employer. You come across as an idiot, I assume you are not highly educated, sure you barely finished high school and now work as some sort of laborer/fast food worker or government employee. I would never hire a loser such as your self. Oh and Richt is FAILING at his job at every level, from winning football games, retaining talent, recruiting. In your idiotic thinking you probably thinks he deserves an extension and raise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back