Predictions on next years Record

I don't know, they had so many unexpectedly terrible performances last year that I look at every conference game as a 50-50 sort of game.

If they play well versus Florida, then I'll be excited, but I'm in wait-and-see mode right now.

Advertisement
Isn't realistic that the D will be nearly as dominant as it was with GWillis and the safeties. I think JJ & Redwine covered up a lot of LB deficiency too. That said, a TD per quarter and a punter that can kick over 30 yards should help balance those losses a bit.

Advertisement
Realistic:
1547849042697.png

just picked a couple of games we could lose, but honestly we could lose almost any of the ACC games, though probably should be favored almost always

Optimistic:

blow everyone out, undefeated, nevah lawst

8-4. I do not think Martel will be able to play next year. Williams could not beat out Rozier. Thomas quit on us last year. Willis and Jackson gone from the DL and you saw how Wisconson put it to us after that. going to be 8-4 for a couple of years.

Agree, hopefully 8-4. Among others ...... G Willis gone. J Jackson gone. M Jackson gone. J Johnson gone. S Redwine gone. St Louis gone. That’s a lot to lose.
There’s no substitute for grey hair. Although we have some talent they don’t yet have the experience.
Jury is out on the new punter. Looks tough but need to see if he can punt.
Jury is also out on coaching staff (and I realize we have coaches returning), D coordinator and coaches on offensive side of the balll. You look at a guy like Scott Frost who took most of his staff with him - he will crush it at Nebraska but didn’t do so this year. Hopefully we fare better.

Isn't realistic that the D will be nearly as dominant as it was with GWillis and the safeties. I think JJ & Redwine covered up a lot of LB deficiency too. That said, a TD per quarter and a punter that can kick over 30 yards should help balance those losses a bit.
I agree. Hopefully our new DC can improve our linebacker play. We will miss Willis and Jackson on the DLine, I think that's where we have the biggest drop off.

Advertisement
You do realize that with a coach who is aware of down / distance and the actual score so that if losing he will attempt to score more points not run out the clock we have a chance to outscore the opposition even if god forbid they score more than 20 points?
Until Manolo has father guido offering holy communion at the 50 pre game cuz that’s where his praying led him to solve onfield production , im all in on we gonna f’ up mofos every game and not b afraid to blow em out or go down trying !

[]_[]

We take the L against Gators -- there are in year two of coaching change, we are in year one game one --- HUGE difference
- We either L vs Va Tech or FSU

But we have MUCH better year on O and end up with top 5 recruiting class

Go canes

Advertisement
I’m thinking 10 wins, but I could see 9 or 11 transpiring depending on how the opener goes. If we beat UF, I don’t see how we don’t reach at least 10 wins with this schedule.

— UNC game right after UF will be tricky, regardless if we win or lose the week before.
— F$U always gives us their best.
— VT at home sounds easy, but it won’t be. That team will probably be much improved.
— I expect GT to become a solid team under Collins.

12 - 2 (Includes ACCCG loss & Bowl Win).

Realistically speaking the schedule is trash..... That's with all due respect to the trash teams on the schedule lol. If there was a decision to be made between playoff contending teams making it with SOS being a key factor, I doubt the committee let's us in, but that's mostly due to the quality of the ACC right now... I'm getting way ahead of myself.

Anyways, I think there is a very good chance we beat Florida, but because of the way our schedule is lined up (with the bye week being so early in the season), I think we lose focus in one of the later games... Probably the away game at Pitt. Then I think we lose to Clemson in a competitive game. I might be high on the pure confidence that I now have in Manny and overall staff, but this team might be legitimate next year. I guess we'll see.

Advertisement
Close loss to UF and a loss in the ACCCG against Clemson. Edge out FSU at Doak in a nailbiter. I don't think we will absolutely lose the UF game, but it's a green staff and a new QB in the season opener so I'm hedging. Hopefully proved wrong.
Would suck losing to Florida but this a very realistic scenario.

If we get anyone behind center worth even half a sHT we ought to be a 10 win team.

We get Martell or someone close to his skillset( williams🤷‍♂️) to come in we could be an 11-12 win team.

Still don’t think we can compete with Clemson yet but there’s no one else out there that scares me.

Team wins 9 games last year with even an average offense. Defense wont be quite as good. ACC coastal still sucks.

9-3

Advertisement
Back