Predictions for each position group

Let that talent marinate. The slot will be in X hands after Mike. I actually think shad can play the x or z. Kid is explosive and stout..what we have to understand at WR is the fact these guys are not interchangeable at the 3 spots..we have a **** load of flankers/z and really 1 X type guy in Redding..maybe Payton and brinson can play that spot as well

Putting Brashad at X would be a waste IMO. At the Z we can give him a little more cushion to protect him from bigger CBs, and we can maximize his quickness and playmaking skills by setting him in motion some.

You are right that we lack a true X receiver. Redding and Brinson might be it. Maybe Payton if he can stay on the field. I don't know how strong Smith is, but hopefully he is up to the challenge if push comes to shove. Flankers and slot receivers abound, but it's slim pickings or guys playing somewhat out of position at wideout.

Advertisement
On offense, it pretty much all is downstream from OL play. We should have our deepest and most experienced OL in years. That means it’s on Lashlee what else. King will be back, WRs should be improved. Jordan is a loss but We have other guys at TE. RB is improved. No excuses for not being solid on O. Not amazing, but solid.
We’ll be amazing and beat Alabama.

QB - pretty similar to last year, not as many QB runs but I expect better passing consistency and I think our short passing game with Harley, B Smith, X, Rambo and Mark Pope (okay maybe not him) will be MUCH improved and will be deadly when it’s a close game in the 4th during games.
RB - I expect Chaney to take the lead this year with Harris and then knighton backing up. A lot of our success on the ground will be determined by the OL.
WR - A lot less drops, I don’t expect Pop/Wiggins to get much burn. Especially with X rising to the occasion. I think we will be surprised how decent we are when we don’t drop the ball 1000 times a game
TE - I feel blocking will take a hit (not like Brevin was a people mover or anything) we have predominantly receiving TEs. Mallory, arroyo, Mammarelli are all, to me, WRs in TE bodies. Hodges/Brantley fit that H-Back role or a put them in motion and run a drag for 3 yards type players. I don’t think we will see much drop off numbers wise, especially with me predicting our WRs will improve drastically.
OL - offensive line is a lot like marshal arts, technique > strength but your technique is nothing without strength. Nelson should be LT, Donaldson should take a G spot and I predict whichever side he is on will be our best running side. That MFer is huge and if he can get in shape he is a potential pick. I’m interested in J Williams/Scaife battling it out and so far it seems scaife is winning that battle. Unfortunately I would expect Williams to bolt if he loses his starting job. Overall I expect our pass protection to improve slightly but our run block to improve substantially.
starting O:
QB - D King | J Garcia
RB - D Chaney | C Harris | J knighton
TE - W Mallory | E Arroyo | L Hodges
X - Harley | J Payton | D Wiggins
Y - Rambo | Restrepo | B Smith
Z - K smith | M Redding | R Brinson
LT - Z Nelson | J campell
LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | J Clarke
RG - N Donaldson | L Seymour
RT - DJ scaife | J Williams
Scaife better not be playing ahead of J Williams!

Let that talent marinate. The slot will be in X hands after Mike. I actually think shad can play the x or z. Kid is explosive and stout..what we have to understand at WR is the fact these guys are not interchangeable at the 3 spots..we have a **** load of flankers/z and really 1 X type guy in Redding..maybe Payton and brinson can play that spot as well
nitpicking here but Lashlee goes the Air Raid route where the X/Z just play Left and Right unless a formation is specific to them moving. This gets overlooked alot.

Advertisement
QB1 - D’Eriq King
QB2 - Tyler Van Dyke
QB3 - Peyton Matocha
QB4 - Jake Garcia (Redshirt)

RB1 - Cam Harris (for game 1, but will split carries with Chaney)
RB2 - Don Chaney Jr (will eventually become RB1 as the season progresses)
RB3 - Jaylon Knighton
RB4 - Thadd Franklin (Goaline RB)
RB5 - Cody Brown (Redshirt)

XWR - Mike Harley/ Keyshawn Smith/ Michael Redding
YWR - Mark Pope/ Xavier Restrepo
ZWR - Charleston Rambo/ Dee Wiggins/ Jeremiah Payton

(Romello Brinson, Jacoby George & Brashard Smith will redshirt; Daz Worsham will... Idfk)

TE1 - Will Mallory
TE2 - Dominic Mammarelli
TE3 - Larry Hodges
TE4 - Elijah Arroyo (Redshirt)
TE5 - Kahlil Brantley (Redshirt)

LT - Zion Nelson/ John Campbell
LG - Jalen Rivers/ Ousman Traore or Jakai Clark
C - Jakai Clark/ Corey Gaynor
RG - Navaughn Donaldson/ Cleveland Reed
RT - Jarrid Williams/ Delone Scaife
Interesting with Garcia RS and Clark overtaking Gaynor.

Advertisement
Back