Predictions for each position group

StevoBevo

Freshman
QB - pretty similar to last year, not as many QB runs but I expect better passing consistency and I think our short passing game with Harley, B Smith, X, Rambo and Mark Pope (okay maybe not him) will be MUCH improved and will be deadly when it’s a close game in the 4th during games.
RB - I expect Chaney to take the lead this year with Harris and then knighton backing up. A lot of our success on the ground will be determined by the OL.
WR - A lot less drops, I don’t expect Pop/Wiggins to get much burn. Especially with X rising to the occasion. I think we will be surprised how decent we are when we don’t drop the ball 1000 times a game
TE - I feel blocking will take a hit (not like Brevin was a people mover or anything) we have predominantly receiving TEs. Mallory, arroyo, Mammarelli are all, to me, WRs in TE bodies. Hodges/Brantley fit that H-Back role or a put them in motion and run a drag for 3 yards type players. I don’t think we will see much drop off numbers wise, especially with me predicting our WRs will improve drastically.
OL - offensive line is a lot like marshal arts, technique > strength but your technique is nothing without strength. Nelson should be LT, Donaldson should take a G spot and I predict whichever side he is on will be our best running side. That MFer is huge and if he can get in shape he is a potential pick. I’m interested in J Williams/Scaife battling it out and so far it seems scaife is winning that battle. Unfortunately I would expect Williams to bolt if he loses his starting job. Overall I expect our pass protection to improve slightly but our run block to improve substantially.
starting O:
QB - D King | J Garcia
RB - D Chaney | C Harris | J knighton
TE - W Mallory | E Arroyo | L Hodges
X - Harley | J Payton | D Wiggins
Y - Rambo | Restrepo | B Smith
Z - K smith | M Redding | R Brinson
LT - Z Nelson | J campell
LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | J Clarke
RG - N Donaldson | L Seymour
RT - DJ scaife | J Williams

Advertisement
QB - pretty similar to last year, not as many QB runs but I expect better passing consistency and I think our short passing game with Harley, B Smith, X, Rambo and Mark Pope (okay maybe not him) will be MUCH improved and will be deadly when it’s a close game in the 4th during games.
RB - I expect Chaney to take the lead this year with Harris and then knighton backing up. A lot of our success on the ground will be determined by the OL.
WR - A lot less drops, I don’t expect Pop/Wiggins to get much burn. Especially with X rising to the occasion. I think we will be surprised how decent we are when we don’t drop the ball 1000 times a game
TE - I feel blocking will take a hit (not like Brevin was a people mover or anything) we have predominantly receiving TEs. Mallory, arroyo, Mammarelli are all, to me, WRs in TE bodies. Hodges/Brantley fit that H-Back role or a put them in motion and run a drag for 3 yards type players. I don’t think we will see much drop off numbers wise, especially with me predicting our WRs will improve drastically.
OL - offensive line is a lot like marshal arts, technique > strength but your technique is nothing without strength. Nelson should be LT, Donaldson should take a G spot and I predict whichever side he is on will be our best running side. That MFer is huge and if he can get in shape he is a potential pick. I’m interested in J Williams/Scaife battling it out and so far it seems scaife is winning that battle. Unfortunately I would expect Williams to bolt if he loses his starting job. Overall I expect our pass protection to improve slightly but our run block to improve substantially.
starting O:
QB - D King | J Garcia
LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | J Clarke

I think you got the receivers and their skillset on the wrong receiver locations. Also, if this is a prediction on who is actually going to start, as opposed to what the forum wants at positions, I'll make one based on the former. I'm assuming they still like their Seniority and there is no way Williams isn't starting at Tackle, you don't come for a 7th year to watch from the sidelines.

QB - D King | TVD I J Garcia
RB - D Chaney | C Harris or J Knighton
TE - W Mallory | D Mammarelli or L Hodges
X - Rambo| K Smith or D Wiggins R Brinson
Y - Pope or Restropo | B Smith
Z - Harley I J Payton | Redding
LT - Z Nelson | DJ SCaife
LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | j Clarke
RG - N Donaldson | J Campbell
RT - J Williams | DJ Scaife

I think you got the receivers and their skillset on the wrong receiver locations. Also, if this is a prediction on who is actually going to start, as opposed to what the forum wants at positions, I'll make one base don the former.

LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | j Clarke
You’re right I did get the WR positions mixed up, but I do believe K smith, Harley and Rambo will be the first 3 we see trotting out against bama.

Advertisement
Mammarelli is going to get lots of burn as the designated blocking tight end. He’s a good enough athlete that he got P5 offers playing tight end on a high school team that never threw the ball.

Overall I think the offense should be better with a significant improvement in run blocking. WR is still a mess and they need to find a legit guy to play outside opposite of Rambo. Otherwise. Harley may get moved out of the slot to make room for Restrepo and possibly Pope

On offense, it pretty much all is downstream from OL play. We should have our deepest and most experienced OL in years. That means it’s on Lashlee what else. King will be back, WRs should be improved. Jordan is a loss but We have other guys at TE. RB is improved. No excuses for not being solid on O. Not amazing, but solid.

Advertisement
starting O:
QB - D King | J Garcia
LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | J Clarke
I think you have the right 3. I don’t think Rambo’s playing slot. If Harley plays slot, I’m guessing Restrepo and Brashard are behind him.

I think you got the receivers and their skillset on the wrong receiver locations. Also, if this is a prediction on who is actually going to start, as opposed to what the forum wants at positions, I'll make one based on the former. I'm assuming they still like their Seniority and there is no way Williams isn't starting at Tackle, you don't come for a 7th year to watch from the sidelines.

LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | j Clarke
You got Mike at z?? And Rambo and Key at X?..I’d be surprised if they put Harley out side...the only X type we have on roster rn is Redding, maybe Payton
..Key/Wiggins/Rambo need to be at Z..Y should Mike, Pope, X...what’s intriguing tho is Rambo in the slot. Did a lot of damage at OU out of the slot

Advertisement
I think you have the right 3. I don’t think Rambo’s playing slot. If Harley plays slot, I’m guessing Restrepo and Brashard are behind him.
Let that talent marinate. The slot will be in X hands after Mike. I actually think shad can play the x or z. Kid is explosive and stout..what we have to understand at WR is the fact these guys are not interchangeable at the 3 spots..we have a **** load of flankers/z and really 1 X type guy in Redding..maybe Payton and brinson can play that spot as well

Let that talent marinate. The slot will be in X hands after Mike. I actually think shad can play the x or z. Kid is explosive and stout..what we have to understand at WR is the fact these guys are not interchangeable at the 3 spots..we have a **** load of flankers/z and really 1 X type guy in Redding..maybe Payton and brinson can play that spot as well
We’re better this year at WR. Thank God.

Advertisement
Hopefully king is throwing in the summer so he can build some chemistry with these guys
I’m excited for the QB situation. Sounds like we have a good room now. Our OL will be better. Everything but TE on O but Brevin was out a lot. If Mallory takes a step up and Arroyo contributes, we will be better overall - especially with Chaney having a year behind him.

On D - better at Safety and CB - worse on the DL in the pass rush but better in the run game. LB - ???

We should be better I think but we’ll see.

LG - J Rivers | J Clarke
C - C Gaynor | j Clarke
Seems about right. Campbell may push for a starting guard spot. If not a starter, I think he backs up both guards.

I feel really good about the offensive line. We have a very solid 2-deep with very little drop off in the 2nd unit. Lots of experience. Just hoping they take the next step in improvement. We really need to able to run the ball this year. I think Donaldson, Campbell, and Rivers will provide some nice running lanes as these are the guys who get the biggest push in the run game.

I’m excited for the QB situation. Sounds like we have a good room now. Our OL will be better. Everything but TE on O but Brevin was out a lot. If Mallory takes a step up and Arroyo contributes, we will be better overall - especially with Chaney having a year behind him.

On D - better at Safety and CB - worse on the DL in the pass rush but better in the run game. LB - ???

We should be better I think but we’ll see.
I think Ppl sleeping on hope at TE. No he’s not Brevin but has a very similar talent. Offensive line should be much better with the emergence of a healthy Donaldson and infusion of rivers in the Rotation..RB I’m in the wait in see approach. I know Chaney is this boards darling and I’ve admitted he has the best overall upside as a everydown back but all 3 can get it done if no one truly separates themselves into a star..the Dline will surprise I believe. Especially in the interior. Edge guys will eat off that alone imo...linebacker🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️..Ive got Henny stocked away for it. Glad Huff seems to be making progress but in this defense there’s no reason each of our starting LB shouldn’t be in double digits TFL..the defensive backs should be the strength of the whole team imo

QB
#1 3k in only 10 games -- 28 TDs
#19 plays 8 quarters - plays game 1

RB attempts go up to 600
#23 1k
#2 800
#4 400

WR
#6 plays game 1-2 portal after that
#3 >1K
#85 or (F or super F) is #2 receiver
Rambo doesnt have a spot - spot duty

TE
Someone will get a goofy jump pass when we're blowing someone out

OL
#55 gotta play
#64 say is Real Deal

DE
Worse - can only go down from a 1st rounder and Day 1 pick

DL
#1 Its been said before but its really now or never - No BS this time
#96 Be Better

LB
#11 said he was slow and he probably still is but he smaht - He knows the position and he'll be Mannys padawan like Shaq was
#6 too athletic - want desperately for a local guy to be THE MAN otherwise #18
#3 & 4 are S

DB
#7 best cc, worst tackler
#8 bad cc, slow but bigger does that matter
#23 love my dude - needs to get much bigger -- no more dbs that dont support run -- All corners must support the run

#21 too whom much is given much is asked -- Gotta be Clemson #21 every game
#5 Scariest dude on the team. Look at his flags over time -- you'll see he's gotten better and better each time -- The Clemson was beacuse TLaw is such a ****head - tell em he's got a series and if he gets flagged but then upon review it gets picked up he gets the rest of the 1/2
#26 should probably start so forget about #5 :)
#15 comes in game 2 or 3 and finishes the season there

#94 gets ejected protecting #30

Beat Bama game 1 -- Up by 10 with 4min - Bama driving - 4 /1 36 yd line -- they elect to go for the FG - we get the ball back and salt the game away

Advertisement
Back