Predicting the 'most improved' college football teams for 20

Advertisement
it's called sarcasm...

But, when you see The U at the top of the list when our 2015 recruiting class was ranked by Rivals #26 , Scout #39 , & 247Sports #27 , you've got to wonder what he sees... On Defense, LineBacker's and Defensive Backs are thin groups (not a lot of depth) ...
On Offense No experienced depth at QB, RB (we have 3 quality guys), T.E. (no experience beyond Dobard), WR is fine...

Leaves one to question how he made his evaluation

There are pros and cons to making a "most improved" list.

If you are a glass-half-full guy, improvement means you are trending in the right direction.

If you are a glass-half-empty guy, to be on a most improved list means you likely weren't in great shape in the first place.

(Photo: USA TODAY Sports)
Regardless, Phil Steele has released his list of the 15 teams he expects to be most improved in the 2015 college football season.

There are some big names on the list, like Texas, Miami and Michigan.

There are some smaller schools, too, like Akron and Ball State.

Below is the list - ranked in order - of Steele's most improved teams for 2015. In order to qualify, a team couldnt have a winning record last season. We have included their win-loss record from 2014 in parenthesis for reference.

1. University of Miami (6-7)
2. Akron (5-7)
3. Michigan (5-7)
4. Pittsburgh (6-7)
5. Indiana (4-8)
6. Temple (6-6)
7. Texas (6-7)
8. Northwestern (5-7)
9. Ball State (5-70
10. Colorado (2-10)
11. Ohio University (6-6)
12. California (5-7)
13. Middle Tennessee (6-6)
14. Massachusetts (3-9)
15. North Carolina (6-7)

Phil Steel has got The U as #1 ?

At first I thought the school might've been behind getting Steele to make The U #1 , so they could say what a great job Golden did.. But, as I think about it maybe it was a fan that wants to get rid of Golden (Nothing would be sweeter) and they were able to convince Steele to make The U #1 on his list..

Truth is it doesn't matter if anyone got to Steele, the sweet thing about the article is, it puts Golden & The U on notice... No more Excuses!!! Golden can't say he doesn't have the depth, or there's not enough experienced players, because according to Steele we are the most improved Team with a losing record..

Predicting the 'most improved' college football teams for 2015

Oh at first you thought the school was behind it then you thought it was a fan's master plan to convince Phil Steele Miami would have a better record in 2015?

LMAO porst of the year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm just curious to know the reason behind his choice of Miami. He's not an idiot he is obviously aware of how bad Golden has been. So why?
If there is a write up about each team and why he chose them could someone please share.

Marshall was his choice for last year at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] .. they did alright

I'm thinking he figures we were the #1 underachiever last year with all the NFL draft talent. Any reasonable person would assume Al does much better this year or gets fired. Al getting fired automatically makes us MOST IMPROVED in 2015 regardless of record. That is a solid hedge bet.

****, there's three Coastal teams on that list! That's how weak it was, and Al finished dead *** last! not hard to improve when you are playing nobody's right? But then again, Al is in charge...smdh..

Sorry guys but Butch would win Coastal "this" year, if he had been hired in Dec/Jan.... Along with half the coaching world probably! I wear my "U" proud, but it's a shame how bad this has gotten. And I also don't buy any new stuff, I still wear it, but won't spend another dime on it until Alfred is canned, or he changes schemes and starts winning consistently!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back