Predicting Kevin Harris to Miami on Tuesday

... No, I'm just not disregarding the possibility that Harris actually met up with Saban. And in his meeting, Saban made a compelling argument and told him something like the following:

"hey, I think you're making a mistake."
"And here's why: because we are a better program."

"I'm sure you want to go the league, so why would you ever chose Miami over us?"
"Look here's the evidence. (compare Miami and Bama's recent NFL draft credentials)"

"Oh also, we develop players better because our staff is 3x the size as Miami's staff. We have 8 nutrionalists, 18 film analyzers, the best position coaches you can buy, etc. In fact, we just brought over Miami's position coach and they hired a former HS coach who has no track record of putting guys in the league."

"We also can assign you 3 personal tutors. You'll have all the individual help possible to ensure that you focus the majority of your time on football."

"I'm sure you want to win too (compare Miami's record to Bama's record in the past decade)."

Is it possible that Harris was persuaded? Followed his head instead of his heart?

I 100% agree. Is it possible the kid was bought? Absolutely. Is that the only possible explanation? No.

Advertisement
Hopefully Saban retires or dies in a few years so that college football can move on from the absurdity that the Saban dynasty... Once that happens and the big 3 get back to keeping the FL kids in FL, everything will balance itself out.

... No, I'm just not disregarding the possibility that Harris actually met up with Saban. And in his meeting, Saban made a compelling argument and told him something like the following:

"I'm sure you want to go the league, so why would you ever chose Miami over us?"
"Look here's the evidence. (compare Miami and Bama's recent NFL draft credentials)"

"Oh also, we develop players better because our staff is 3x the size as Miami's staff. We have 8 nutrionalists, 18 film analyzers, the best position coaches you can buy, etc. In fact, we just brought over Miami's position coach and they hired a former HS coach who has no track record of putting guys in the league."

"We also can assign you 3 personal tutors. You'll have all the individual help possible to ensure that you focus the majority of your time on football."

"I'm sure you want to win too (compare Miami's record to Bama's record in the past decade)."

Is it possible that Harris was persuaded? Followed his head instead of his heart?

Lol at this. I’m sure that never came up on any of the previous visits. Oh yeah we forgot to mention the above. The fact remains you can only compete with us if you drop bags. I really wonder who some of you long time posters are. And that crazy interview stating that the choice is all his but we’ve never seen the campus. The dude was ready to commit to bama before Mom stepped on campus but then Mom had to drop by to sign that NDA. Please dude

this kid is not the caliber of player that bama has to load up with bags to land, he's one they will take now while chasing bigger/better prospects that if they land may be asked to look elsewhere come the late fall

This would have been a nice pull. Who else is out there besides Bogle, Summerall on the DE board for us?

Got Williams on board already

The 2 you mentioned. Plus Harvey and JJ Moore. Chance Mike Morris can play SSDE as well...I would hope/think we look at juco for DE as well. Prob need a juco at that position more than any team right now.

Advertisement
I don't get this. The kid changed his mind, we know why. It happens.

When Tarquin committed, as predicted, nobody gave people props for predicting that. Stefan seems like he really does his homework, same with Ivins on 247. When those guys have predictions, I pay attention.

If you cannot comprehend my statement.

Blessings sent.

This is where so-called "Miami fans" drive me insane.

Yes, Saban COULD HAVE SAID all those things.

But NONE OF THAT would be new information. All of that would have been said on prior visits.

So what was the NEW-NEW "persuasion" in the past weekend? THAT is what you should focus on. Not some hypothetical nonsense that you typed up which was already told to the recruit LONG BEFORE the sudden last-minute "persuasion".

Got Williams on board already

The 2 you mentioned. Plus Harvey and JJ Moore. Chance Mike Morris can play SSDE as well...I would hope/think we look at juco for DE as well. Prob need a juco at that position more than any team right now.

You like Williams? His tape wasn't very impressive to me.

Advertisement
People love the bags excuse, which is completely overrated and overused. It makes y'all feel better and masques some hard-hitting truths. I have zero evidence, and neither do you, that bama dropped a bag. I'm not doubting that they don't ever do it- in fact, I'm sure they do- but I can only work with the evidence I have. Alabama has absolutely dominated the past decade. They win, we don't. More to the point, Bama has put more 1st rounders in the league than any program since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. For comparison's sake:

Miami 2008-present: 5 1st rounders
Bama 2008-present: 24 1st rounders

In sum, the idea that we would beat Bama for kids if not for their bag game is stupid. We start at a disadvantage. Saban can point to a ridiculously successful track record and we can't. They win big and compete for chips every year, we don't. They put way more players in the league than us. They have more resources. These aren't the only factors that matter, but when a kid with no geographic or familial ties to either us or Bama, is deciding where to attend, he, more often than not, will probably choose Bama.

Like you I’m someone who hates the bag excuse and agree it is overused, particularly when players who show little to no interest in coming here sign elsewhere. However, all the information you mentioned had been presented to him way before this weekend. He had factored all the information and as off Friday, AFTER the NFL 1st round had taken place, was ALL Miami. What changed on Saturday & Sunday? Do we have hardcore physical evidence of the bags being dropped? No, but a lot of the circumstancial evidence leads us to conclude they were. I agree with your arguments as it relates to a player like PS2 but in this case, I’m having a hard time believing it was anything else but bags.

Until the FBI pounces on Bryant Jr.'s foundation, this will continue.

Boss helped pay $200,000 for Michel and he said that they "could not compete with 'Bama". Bryant Jr. is worth close to $200M and will continue to funnel cash until the FBI arrests him for failure to report disbursal of income. Any "gift" over $14,000 is taxable and it is on BOTH parties to report the gift. We need to start writing some letters.............

Like you I’m someone who hates the bag excuse and agree it is overused, particularly when players who show little to no interest in coming here sign elsewhere. However, all the information you mentioned had been presented to him way before this weekend. He had factored all the information and as off Friday, AFTER the NFL 1st round had taken place, was ALL Miami. What changed on Saturday & Sunday? Do we have hardcore physical evidence of the bags being dropped? No, but a lot of the circumstancial evidence leads us to conclude they were. I agree with your arguments as it relates to a player like PS2 but in this case, I’m having a hard time believing it was anything else but bags.

i think the bag excuse may be overused ... BUT ......

when a kid does an about face like that so quickly, on so little new information?

as jimmy Johnson would say: "puhlease!!!"

People love the bags excuse, which is completely overrated and overused. It makes y'all feel better and masques some hard-hitting truths. I have zero evidence, and neither do you, that bama dropped a bag. I'm not doubting that they don't ever do it- in fact, I'm sure they do- but I can only work with the evidence I have. Alabama has absolutely dominated the past decade. They win, we don't. More to the point, Bama has put more 1st rounders in the league than any program since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. For comparison's sake:

Miami 2008-present: 5 1st rounders
Bama 2008-present: 24 1st rounders

In sum, the idea that we would beat Bama for kids if not for their bag game is stupid. We start at a disadvantage. Saban can point to a ridiculously successful track record and we can't. They win big and compete for chips every year, we don't. They put way more players in the league than us. They have more resources. These aren't the only factors that matter, but when a kid with no geographic or familial ties to either us or Bama, is deciding where to attend, he, more often than not, will probably choose Bama.

He didn’t become aware Alabama has been winning the last ten years in the last ten days. Give me a fūcking break, he was all set to come here 5 days ago.

Advertisement
I thought we would be able pull this one off without any politics taking place, guess not lol

Maybe the Miami sources are just completely in the dark when it comes to crootin' or they're just being blatantly lied to, but either way too many times we hear about some one being all but wrapped up only to get swooped in the end.

It's still early so we can still load up on good DE's, we just have stop putting ourselves in these positions to allow Bama to just take whatever recruit they want from us.

You're literally just making up reasons that never happened.

It's not that Bama beat us for a kid, its the incredibly sketchy way his recruitment went down. If you don't think Bama got paid (which even Bama posters are bragging about), you can't be reasoned with

I thought we would be able pull this one off without any politics taking place, guess not lol

Maybe the Miami sources are just completely in the dark when it comes to crootin' or they're just being blatantly lied to, but either way too many times we hear about some one being all but wrapped up only to get swooped in the end.

It's still early so we can still load up on good DE's, we just have stop putting ourselves in these positions to allow Bama to just take whatever recruit they want from us.

It was not just the Miami sources. We lead and he told the staff he was coming. Bama decided at the last minute they did not want to lose him so they upped the bag offer and he took it.

Advertisement

Who are you and what happened to LCE?

LCE is normally good, that post was awful.

So, just stop recruiting good players? That's your genius idea and hilarious overreaction to this

That’s a nice thing to say, but other than ordering a hit on Saban and/or Lupoi when they get into town, how do we put ourselves in that position.

Bama gets wind somebody they think they really want is about to commit to Miami, they swoop down, talk to family, a couple of days later the boosters take over.

Booster provides good faith small cash down payment and a verbal promise of *** dollars upon signing, with *** dollars per year he’s in school, paid to family. All this is done through family/parents to make sure their kids commit to the school.

Who are you and what happened to LCE?

LCE is normally good, that post was awful.

So, just stop recruiting good players? That's your genius idea and hilarious overreaction to this
Are you retarded or something?

WHERE THE F*CK DID I SAY STOP RECRUITING GOOD PLAYERS? SHOW ME WHERE IN MY COMMENT I SAID THAT?!?

Smh. You be so fxkin defensive you didn't read what the **** I wrote.

Advertisement
Back