Predicting Kevin Harris to Miami on Tuesday

This is such a stupid lame-*** take....... same one said about FSU. Its a university that provides a good education, especially since what you get out of it is pretty much on each person. Maybe not as good as Miami in several areas, but to say its worthless is beyond dumb. I'd like to know where you and some of the other idiots on here got their degrees from cause I imagine 10% would be a high estimate for people who actually went to UM or a better school.

It may not be worthless to regular students, and a degree is never completely worthless, but it's as close to having a worthless degree for a lot of these Miami area recruits. The whole point of the degree is to fall back on if football doesn't work out. When this happens, unless they plan on living in Tuscaloosa, the bama degree doesn't hold **** against a U degree especially if they come back "home" when things don't work out. ****, the connections and opportunities with an FIU degree is probably better in that aspect.

Advertisement
A live look in Kev’s bedroom
1525185958356.jpg

Alabama will be over the NFL salary cap by June of this year.Saban targets the recruits and his bagmen go out and execute.Alabama football players parking lot looks like a Sabah car dealership.
I always think of this video when I hear a kid flips to Bama:

Now yall know **** well this relationship has something to do with recruiting.

He was all set on Miami last week and then something happened this weekend to change his mind. Saban and Lupoi got in his and his family's ear. Kids change their mind on a daily basis, it sucks but that's recruiting. On to the next kid.
"Roll **** Eyes"

Advertisement
Lets just nix this prediction stuff for all time.

Ariz sucked at it and we are just continuing the trend here.

Yeah let's stop predicting where recruits are going on a recruiting board.

You all need to learn to just take an L and move on with your lives.

Lets just nix this prediction stuff for all time.

Ariz sucked at it and we are just continuing the trend here.

I don't get this. The kid changed his mind, we know why. It happens.

When Tarquin committed, as predicted, nobody gave people props for predicting that. Stefan seems like he really does his homework, same with Ivins on 247. When those guys have predictions, I pay attention.

He was all set on Miami last week and then something happened this weekend to change his mind. Saban and Lupoi got in his and his family's ear. Kids change their mind on a daily basis, it sucks but that's recruiting. On to the next kid.

I don't know why people are so upset. It's so obvious that you can only relay the information that you currently know to be true. I guess maybe you should tell them what they already know in the future- recruits change their mind, so x and x prediction isn't definitive- so then they won't get so upset. But since you didn't tell them what they already know to be true, they can take their emotional instability out on you.

/There's a difference between you and someone like Sileo jr. You made a prediction, in good faith, that was corroborated by many other insiders at the time. You had legit info. The kid changed his mind. Then you, and the others, also relayed his change of heart. That's recruiting folks and it has nothing to do with Stefan. Thanks for the info and the updated info.

Advertisement
Assuming they return to South Florida? Maybe. But...

US NEWS (best colleges)
Florida - tied for 42nd
Miami - tied for 46th
Georgia - tied for 54th
Florida State - tied for 81st
Alabama - tied for 110th

50 most powerful alumni associations. http://www.bestcollegevalues.org/top-alumni-networks/

50. Michigan State University
49. Syracuse University
48. University of Florida
47. University of Alabama
46. Clemson University
45. Boston University
44. Brigham Young University
43. University of Minnesota
42. Auburn University
41. University of Georgia
40. Texas A&M
39. University of Illinois
38. The Ohio State University
37. George Washington University
36. University of Maryland
35. The Georgia Institute of Technology
34. Purdue University
33. Boston College
32. University of Washington
31. Carnegie Mellon University
30. Rice University
29. Indiana University
28. Penn State
27. Vanderbilt University
26. University of Wisconsin
25. New York University
24. The University of California, Los Angeles
23. Brown University
22. Johns Hopkins University
21. The University of Texas
20. University of Chicago
19. Emory University
18. The University of Virginia
17. The University of Michigan
16. University of North Carolina
15. The University of California at Berkeley
14. Georgetown University
13. University of Pennsylvania
12. Princeton University
11. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
10. University of Southern California
9. Duke University
8. Yale University
7. Cornell University
6. Northwestern University
5. University of Notre Dame
4. Dartmouth College
3. Columbia University
2. Harvard University
1. Stanford University

That has nothing to do with football and job networks for alumni players.

No coach is more famous for taking care of his former guys than Richt. Look up the Paul Oliver network he started at GA. He's doing the same thing at Miami. Urban Meyer has a similar network.

Saban and Bama, on the other hand, give zero ***** about the guys once the NFL draft ends.

What Stefan is saying has been corroborated by other Miami writers, Bama writers and insiders, and national recruiting guys

Yes, this is true. Jess Simpson was at his school on Friday. It appears Saban and Tosh Lupoi had "discussions" with the family over the weekend. I can tell you that the Bama boards as of the weekend all thought he was coming to UM. That changed yesterday morning. It is what it is.

To beat the top programs you either have to out recruit them, out coach them or both. We have to start winning a good share of these battles.

Advertisement
People love the bags excuse, which is completely overrated and overused. It makes y'all feel better and masques some hard-hitting truths. I have zero evidence, and neither do you, that bama dropped a bag. I'm not doubting that they don't ever do it- in fact, I'm sure they do- but I can only work with the evidence I have. Alabama has absolutely dominated the past decade. They win, we don't. More to the point, Bama has put more 1st rounders in the league than any program since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. For comparison's sake:

Miami 2008-present: 5 1st rounders
Bama 2008-present: 24 1st rounders

In sum, the idea that we would beat Bama for kids if not for their bag game is stupid. We start at a disadvantage. Saban can point to a ridiculously successful track record and we can't. They win big and compete for chips every year, we don't. They put way more players in the league than us. They have more resources. These aren't the only factors that matter, but when a kid with no geographic or familial ties to either us or Bama, is deciding where to attend, he, more often than not, will probably choose Bama.

People love the bags excuse, which is completely overrated and overused. It makes y'all feel better and masques some hard-hitting truths. I have zero evidence, and neither do you, that bama dropped a bag. I'm not doubting that they don't ever do it- in fact, I'm sure they do- but I can only work with the evidence I have. Alabama has absolutely dominated the past decade. They win, we don't. More to the point, Bama has put more 1st rounders in the league than any program since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa. For comparison's sake:

Miami 2008-present: 5 1st rounders
Bama 2008-present: 24 1st rounders

In sum, the idea that we would beat Bama for kids if not for their bag game is stupid. We start at a disadvantage. Saban can point to a ridiculously successful track record and we can't. They win big and compete for chips every year, we don't. They put way more players in the league than us. They have more resources. These aren't the only factors that matter, but when a kid with no geographic or familial ties to either us or Bama, is deciding where to attend, he, more often than, will probably choose Bama.

Are you slow? Bama dropped bags for this kid. He went from committing to Miami to Bama in ONE weekend after he met up with bama. Lol. It can’t be more obvious than this.

It is what it is. It was a pipe dream to begin with. Move on, and Focus on the kids that truly want to be Canes. #ENDTHREAD

Advertisement
Are you slow? Bama dropped bags for this kid. He went from committing to Miami to Bama in ONE weekend after he met up with bama. Lol. It can’t be more obvious than this.

... No, I'm just not disregarding the possibility that Harris actually met up with Saban. And in his meeting, Saban made a compelling argument and told him something like the following:

"hey, I think you're making a mistake."
"And here's why: because we are a better program."

"I'm sure you want to go the league, so why would you ever chose Miami over us?"
"Look here's the evidence. (compare Miami and Bama's recent NFL draft credentials)"

"Oh also, we develop players better because our staff is 3x the size as Miami's staff. We have 8 nutrionalists, 18 film analyzers, the best position coaches you can buy, etc. In fact, we just brought over Miami's position coach and they hired a former HS coach who has no track record of putting guys in the league."

"We also can assign you 3 personal tutors. You'll have all the individual help possible to ensure that you focus the majority of your time on football."

"I'm sure you want to win too (compare Miami's record to Bama's record in the past decade)."

Is it possible that Harris was persuaded? Followed his head instead of his heart?

Just hard to believe that they pitched developing and all that just this weekend. So they weren't giving that pitch the entire time? That is their bread and butter pitch especially on defense. Even after the OV to Coral Gables he went on an unofficial to Tuscaloosa not 48 hours later and that didn't change his mind that time but all the sudden in the 11th hour they come up with some new homerun pitch? That's a load of crap stop being naive.

This would have been a nice pull. Who else is out there besides Bogle, Summerall on the DE board for us?

Thanks for the update... It's a shame one of your first predictions like this ended up not working out lol. I still personally appreciate predictions like this thread started with (especially given your wording which never promised anything). Even if predictions end up not working out, it's nice to know what current state of things is as they stand is. Just my take anyways.

Advertisement
Back