Predicting Kevin Harris to Miami on Tuesday

Nah, Miami's is longer despite the garbage teams we've fielded.
All this stuff about Alabama's pipeline is a myth. At the start of the 2018 season there were just as many former Cane players as former Tide players (44) on NFL rosters. Yes they had the most drafted this year but quite a few won't last.

Advertisement
I figured when news broke in our favor a few days early we were screwed. Keep that **** hush until he publicly committs, and then be prepared to up the ante afterwards.

Simpsons whole career has been in SEC country you don't think he knows what goes on

This is a good question. I'm not sure. I think he sees some of it - there are other parts that I don't think he sees, though.

Advertisement
So sick of hearing that development BS. Kids either have it or they don't, nobody is teaching these kids some secret move to bring them up to a 1st round pick that's all BS only an idiot would believe that. Kids who work hard and have the talent make it to the next level simple as that.

The 2 guys we really beat them out for we’re chad and AR. All you have to do is look at the visits. Both had multiple in home visits with saban and other coaches as well as an OV and multiple UV’s.
The 247 timeline on both has bama all over them before nsd and they still came here. Don’t know if any of last year’s signings had bama all up in theire crib before nsd except Judas and he flipped faster than rabbit’s nut. Not saying they didn’t want them at one point but they weren’t willing for whatever reason to go all in like they do for some dudes like this Harris kid.
Deon Bush

So sick of hearing that development BS. Kids either have it or they don't, nobody is teaching these kids some secret move to bring them up to a 1st round pick that's all BS only an idiot would believe that. Kids who work hard and have the talent make it to the next level simple as that.

Don't be naive dude. That may be the case for some kids but it isn't always. Other kids need a coach(es) to bring out the best in them. Coaching matters just as much.

Advertisement
This is a good question. I'm not sure. I think he sees some of it - there are other parts that I don't think he sees, though.

Yup, he only sees part of it while there is a plethora of posters on this board who know when someone gets paid, how much, etc. Really????

at this point i'd rather have surprise news than "he could be coming" news

almost seems like saban is patrolling this forum and when he see's we're about to nab someone, he sends out his ***** house to the desired location

Not sure if serious or just trying to be funny. Either way, it's laughable thinking about Saban patrolling this forum.

Don't be naive dude. That may be the case for some kids but it isn't always. Other kids need a coach(es) to bring out the best in them. Coaching matters just as much.

True, which makes Bama's "development" claim even more riduculous.

They've had almost 100% staff turnover in the past 3 years. None of the guys that got drafted in 2018 were recruited by assts on Bama's 2018 staff.

Bama has a lot of unproven coaches, and if Harris actually cared about anything other than $ he'd feel uneasy about going to a school where he'll probably go through 2-3 position coaches n 4 years

Yup, he only sees part of it while there is a plethora of posters on this board who know when someone gets paid, how much, etc. Really????

All these coaches know the truth, but ratting on another coach/school is a great way to get blackballed from the profession (see Paul Williams)

Advertisement
This is when I need Coach Simpson to make that call and say “so I heard Bama say they can develop u better than Miami....tell them to go f themselves. I’m from the NFL; ask Saban what did he do in the NFL and how many of his defensive players have been bust!”

He is looking at a wide open depth chart in Miami vs a clusterfck in Alabama. Look at those way too early mock drafts. Joe Jackson's name shows up in all of them. Ive seen 3 Miami players in those mocks, none of which include Shaq. And lets face it.. If he has a good year, he could very likely be another.
But yeah.. Saban didn't have him entirely convinced during the recruiting process, his OV there, or during the RETURN trip right aftrt his OV to Miami. Miami leads at that point. No.. It was a post draft phone call that convinced him? Give me a break. If that return trip after visiting here didn't convince him, I have a hard time believing a last minute conversation didn't include a new form of incentive. At that point he already knew everything he need to know about them.

Advertisement
Depends whether Stefan Adams mysteriously stops posting anything and becomes a sports agent (PA), or if he makes declaration and says he wont be back ever (DSJ).
RIP DSJ.
If this kid does go to Bama I hope he does get drafted and makes millions because a degree from Bama ain't worth **** anywhere.....
Tuscaloosa Chevrolet will hire former athletes with a ring and an Alabama degree if that counts as somewhere.

Advertisement
Back