Predict the lineup for opening game..

Advertisement
Looks good to me -- should get 11 wins out of a team that talented

Here's the issue. Miami has underperformed compared to the talent they have on paper in recent years.

We should.... but will we?

And as for the corner depth? **** yeah its scary. Injury or two away there from having to move some guys from positions.

Here's the issue. Miami has underperformed compared to the talent they have on paper in recent years.

And as for the corner depth? **** yeah its scary. Injury or two away there from having to move some guys from positions.

We've got some good quality walkons like Greg Golden that could easily step into those roles. Just like Fentress, maybe with a bit more long speed though.

Advertisement
QB-Kaaya; Rosier
RB-Yearby; Edwards
FB-Tucker
WR-Coley; Waters
WR-Scott; Lewis
TE- Dobard; Washington
OT-Gadbois; Jones, J.
OG-Milo; Darling
OC-Linder; Gall
OG-Isidora; Brown
OT-McDermott; St Louis

DE-Muhammed; Kamalu
DT-Moten; Jenkins, C.
DT-Norton; Heurtelou
DE-Thomas; Harris
OLB-Grace; McCord
MLB-Kirby; Young
OLB-Owens; McCray
CB-Burns; Howard
CB-Elder; Crawford, A.
S-Bush; Jenkins, R.
S-Carter; Crawford, D.

My impression of a 34
DE
NT
DE
RUSH (OLB)
MIKE (ILB)
WILL (ILB)
SAM (OLB)
CB
CB
SS
FS

*NICK

QB: Kaaya, Rosier, Vinny T2
TB: Gus, Yearby, Gray
FB: Tucker, Gus, Herndon
TE: Dobard, Herndon, Washington
OT: McDermott, Sonny
OG: Darling, Linder, Milo
C: Gall, Wells
OG: Isidora, Linder, Knighton
OT: Gadbois, Jones
WR: Coley, Waters, Lewis
WR: Waters, Scott, Brady
Slot: Coley, Lewis, Berrios

DE: Thomas, Hamilton
NG: Wyche, Heurtolou, Jenkins
DE: Kamalu, Moten, Moore
Rush: AQM, Harris, Jackson
OLB: McCord, Owens,
MLB: Kirby, Young
OLB: Grace, Owens, Gayot
CB: Howard, Elder
CB: Burns, Crawford
S: Bush, Jenkins, Johnson
S: Carter, Crawford, Jenkins

PR: Coley, Berrios
KR: Coley, Gray

Advertisement

Apparently DEON bush will be playing some CB

And has Crawford left for sure?

If we have 4 DBs -- that seems better to me than what we have had the last few years.

Some other things I will mention. While I have Waters and Lewis on second team, they will get good amount of PT.

I would have put Lewis as starting slot due to having more experience over Berrios. That injury Lewis had, changed everything. Watching Lewis the last two years, I look at him as only a shadow of what he was at Miramar when I watched him there. Not the same anymore, lost quite some speed and ability he had coming in. Sad too as he was basically starting after the first few games of his freshman year here.

Big question marks I have at WR.... If Coley can't rebound back and/or Scott can't stay healthy or keep his head on straight again. I would have Waters starting in one of their spots. If both do whats needed, even with Waters behind them, he will get his.

I'm keeping Antonio Crawford off in assumption that he will be gone.

Rayshawn Jenkins had a very serious injury and back injuries can very much still linger even after and Dmoney has mentioned to me that Rayshawn Jenkins needs to get in shape. Currently he is not even practicing in Spring I believe. He has a little while to go. He's been out of the game for quite some time.

Jamal Carter. Why do I have him starting you may ask? Saw this kid in high school and he was an animal. If they can somehow manage to get him to correct his wild and sloppy tackling form to wrapping up, he would shine here. He posses all the tools needed. He must learn to not try to go for the big play every time either. Against the UVA receiver, if he lays the hit.... that ball goes flying out of the receivers hands and the receiver would be on a stretcher. His main issue is that he needs to be disciplined in his game. I don't write certain players or prospects off till their 3rd to 4th year(pending a redshirt) in a program as Carter was a kid who needed a redshirt year as he was raw coming in. Last year was the first season of getting his feet wet.

Jaquan while he might not start right away, I expect him to see the field in many different ways and get opportunities in the nickel too.

Dallas Crawford I would like to see become Special Teams captain. While I feel he is a step too slow for safety, I have seen him on special teams throughout his time here and he's excellent.

Tracy Howard needs to rebound to sophomore form or better. Otherwise I would have Elder over him if he can not do that. I watched Tracy since he was in high school. HE IS our best cover corner. It's senior year, time to get it together again after a terrible junior year.

I feel Corn would be excellent in the nickel with his speed and agility but Tracy and Artie need to stay on their toes as I was close to putting him starting over either of them.

would you say Dallas crawford got slower from his freshman year to now? i feel like he looked faster on film as a freshman. I think that weight gain from needing to play rb killed his speed.

Crawford was always slow... I think he was only skill player that did not benefit from Swasey's clock. The kid was running 4.8 and he plays like it... I recall that being an initial reason why RS never offered him. Now he was an adequate 3rd string or maybe back up running back but against stiffer opponents he faded there as well...

I think your lineup is dead on. Going to be on the waiver wire looking for Sr. CBs.

Advertisement
McIntosh will not be the 2nd string DE. Hurt will start at Nose. Doubt Carter starts at Safety. The coaches rave about Trent Harris. Don't be surprised if he starts game 1

Advertisement
QB: Kaaya, Rosier, Vinny T2
TB: Gus, Yearby, Gray
FB: Tucker, Gus, Herndon
TE: Dobard, Herndon, Washington
OT: McDermott, Sonny
OG: Darling, Linder, Milo
C: Gall, Wells
OG: Isidora, Linder, Knighton
OT: Gadbois, Jones
WR: Coley, Waters, Lewis
WR: Waters, Scott, Brady
Slot: Coley, Lewis, Berrios

DE: Thomas, Hamilton
NG: Wyche, Heurtolou, Jenkins
DE: Kamalu, Moten, Moore
Rush: AQM, Harris, Jackson
OLB: McCord, Owens,
MLB: Kirby, Young
OLB: Grace, Owens, Gayot
CB: Howard, Elder
CB: Burns, Crawford
S: Bush, Jenkins, Johnson
S: Carter, Crawford, Jenkins

PR: Coley, Berrios
KR: Coley, Gray

Linder Is definitely starting at Guard or Center. Hopefully Center. Berrios is definitely starting in the slot. This coaching staff absolutely loves him.

I'd be willing to be Harris starts over AQM. Maybe its me, but I hear the way Golden and co talk about him, and you can just tell they love the fact that he's always where they ask him to be. Now obviously AQM is more talented and should be the starter, but by the way they talk about Harris, it seems he's the exact type of player they will start (Like Fentress last year).

Also doubt Carter starts. Basically because he isn't disciplined enough. Remember they started Fentress last year, so they clearly don't care about who has the ability to make more plays, or is more talented. They just care about whose going to be in the exact position we ask and not try to be the "hero", And I think that means Crawford will start.

Lastly, I hope to God Yearby starts over Gus. Sure I know Gus will get a lot of carries, but I think Yearby is just a little bit smaller and slower version of Duke.

I know how Golden is. Listen to how he talks about Harris. He will start at either End spot I guarantee it.

McIntosh will not be the 2nd string DE. Hurt will start at Nose. Doubt Carter starts at Safety. The coaches rave about Trent Harris. Don't be surprised if he starts game 1

why would harris start over aqm

Exactly. I just said the exact same thing. Harris seems like Fentress, in that he isn't as talented as who he plays over, but he's smart and will be where he's supposed to be. He's not a guy that will make plays, but then again, Golden doesn't want those kind of guys, as this defense isn't built for playmakers.

On offense I want to see Herb out there more plays. On defense I want Corn out there on every single okay. These two make things happen when they're in the game.

Advertisement
Back