S: Deon Bush | Jaquan Johnson
S: Jamal Carter | Rayshawn Jenkins or Dallas Crawford

K: Michael Badgley
P: Justin Vogel
KOS: Justin Vogel

KR: Stacy Coley & Artie Burns
PR: Stacy Coley or Braxton Berrios

Advertisement
At SAM I would expect Owens to be on the field a lot and for McCord to be used situationally.

I'm concerned about our O line. The tackles to be specific. We have been spoiled at that position for the last few years and now we are not deep at all at that position.

Nice Iike it hope Stacy gets his mojo back on return game... To me I think ur spot on everywhere maybe Carter or Jenkins is the only change I'll make given Jenkins experience but other than that they SHOULD get to ACC title but they won't again

Jenkins over carter...
Herndon will be backup TE and FB imo
Gus/yearby will be interchangable and so will berrios and lewis
Good list tho

Advertisement
I see alot of 4 and 5 star players. anything less that first place in the coastal will once again be a complete failure of coaching acumen.

QB-Kaaya; Rosier
RB-Yearby; Edwards
FB-Tucker
WR-Coley; Waters
WR-Scott; Lewis
TE- Dobard; Washington
OT-Gadbois; Jones, J.
OG-Milo; Darling
OC-Linder; Gall
OG-Isidora; Brown
OT-McDermott; St Louis

DE-Muhammed; Kamalu
DT-Moten; Jenkins, C.
DT-Norton; Heurtelou
DE-Thomas; Harris
OLB-Grace; McCord
MLB-Kirby; Young
OLB-Owens; McCray
CB-Burns; Howard
CB-Elder; Crawford, A.
S-Bush; Jenkins, R.
S-Carter; Crawford, D.

Advertisement
Since the lineup of the corching staph is unchanged, the rest doesn't matter.

Some other things I will mention. While I have Waters and Lewis on second team, they will get good amount of PT.

I would have put Lewis as starting slot due to having more experience over Berrios. That injury Lewis had, changed everything. Watching Lewis the last two years, I look at him as only a shadow of what he was at Miramar when I watched him there. Not the same anymore, lost quite some speed and ability he had coming in. Sad too as he was basically starting after the first few games of his freshman year here.

Big question marks I have at WR.... If Coley can't rebound back and/or Scott can't stay healthy or keep his head on straight again. I would have Waters starting in one of their spots. If both do whats needed, even with Waters behind them, he will get his.

I'm keeping Antonio Crawford off in assumption that he will be gone.

Rayshawn Jenkins had a very serious injury and back injuries can very much still linger even after and Dmoney has mentioned to me that Rayshawn Jenkins needs to get in shape. Currently he is not even practicing in Spring I believe. He has a little while to go. He's been out of the game for quite some time.

Jamal Carter. Why do I have him starting you may ask? Saw this kid in high school and he was an animal. If they can somehow manage to get him to correct his wild and sloppy tackling form to wrapping up, he would shine here. He posses all the tools needed. He must learn to not try to go for the big play every time either. Against the UVA receiver, if he lays the hit.... that ball goes flying out of the receivers hands and the receiver would be on a stretcher. His main issue is that he needs to be disciplined in his game. I don't write certain players or prospects off till their 3rd to 4th year(pending a redshirt) in a program as Carter was a kid who needed a redshirt year as he was raw coming in. Last year was the first season of getting his feet wet.

Jaquan while he might not start right away, I expect him to see the field in many different ways and get opportunities in the nickel too.

Dallas Crawford I would like to see become Special Teams captain. While I feel he is a step too slow for safety, I have seen him on special teams throughout his time here and he's excellent.

Tracy Howard needs to rebound to sophomore form or better. Otherwise I would have Elder over him if he can not do that. I watched Tracy since he was in high school. HE IS our best cover corner. It's senior year, time to get it together again after a terrible junior year.

I feel Corn would be excellent in the nickel with his speed and agility but Tracy and Artie need to stay on their toes as I was close to putting him starting over either of them.

****.... We have a lot of talent... Even with kids leaving this year the team is loaded with NFL talent...

Advertisement
Some other things I will mention. While I have Waters and Lewis on second team, they will get good amount of PT.

I would have put Lewis as starting slot due to having more experience over Berrios. That injury Lewis had, changed everything. Watching Lewis the last two years, I look at him as only a shadow of what he was at Miramar when I watched him there. Not the same anymore, lost quite some speed and ability he had coming in. Sad too as he was basically starting after the first few games of his freshman year here.

Big question marks I have at WR.... If Coley can't rebound back and/or Scott can't stay healthy or keep his head on straight again. I would have Waters starting in one of their spots. If both do whats needed, even with Waters behind them, he will get his.

I'm keeping Antonio Crawford off in assumption that he will be gone.

Rayshawn Jenkins had a very serious injury and back injuries can very much still linger even after and Dmoney has mentioned to me that Rayshawn Jenkins needs to get in shape. Currently he is not even practicing in Spring I believe. He has a little while to go. He's been out of the game for quite some time.

Jamal Carter. Why do I have him starting you may ask? Saw this kid in high school and he was an animal. If they can somehow manage to get him to correct his wild and sloppy tackling form to wrapping up, he would shine here. He posses all the tools needed. He must learn to not try to go for the big play every time either. Against the UVA receiver, if he lays the hit.... that ball goes flying out of the receivers hands and the receiver would be on a stretcher. His main issue is that he needs to be disciplined in his game. I don't write certain players or prospects off till their 3rd to 4th year(pending a redshirt) in a program as Carter was a kid who needed a redshirt year as he was raw coming in. Last year was the first season of getting his feet wet.

Jaquan while he might not start right away, I expect him to see the field in many different ways and get opportunities in the nickel too.

Dallas Crawford I would like to see become Special Teams captain. While I feel he is a step too slow for safety, I have seen him on special teams throughout his time here and he's excellent.

Tracy Howard needs to rebound to sophomore form or better. Otherwise I would have Elder over him if he can not do that. I watched Tracy since he was in high school. HE IS our best cover corner. It's senior year, time to get it together again after a terrible junior year.

I feel Corn would be excellent in the nickel with his speed and agility but Tracy and Artie need to stay on their toes as I was close to putting him starting over either of them.

would you say Dallas crawford got slower from his freshman year to now? i feel like he looked faster on film as a freshman. I think that weight gain from needing to play rb killed his speed.

Looks right to me

I'd like to see Waters get much more PT. Still don't get why Berrios and Lewis got so much more PT than Waters this year.

Carter scares me. He just botched so many tackles and was a liability in coverage last year. I actually think he's be better off putting on weight and moving to LB, but our safety depth doesn't allow that.

Advertisement
I see so much talent. Am I crazy to say so?? How can we not win 10 games ( which would underachieve) with these guys. This staph is so bad. I guess they can corch us to 6-7 wins.

Advertisement
Back