Predict the date of Golden's firing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015.

Monday will be the first working day after Thanksgiving/final game so it buys him an extra day.

The day after the Pitt game he will be telling the team and cleaning out his office.

How about someone starts a pool where people can bid on what date they think he'll get the axe, and the pot goes to the person who picks the date when the press release is put out?

Advertisement
I was under the impression that he was retained because of the difficulty of paying his buyout which incidentally doesn't expire until the END of the 2015 (season or calendar year I'm not sure). So I doubt it will be before that date passes.

Complete bull****.

The only reason he is still the head coach is because Donna didn't want to make the new hire. The new president will do that.

I was under the impression that he was retained because of the difficulty of paying his buyout which incidentally doesn't expire until the END of the 2015 (season or calendar year I'm not sure). So I doubt it will be before that date passes.

Will the new president wait until the end of the season or pull a Muschamp and fire Golden midway through the season?

My prediction is November 1, 2015 after our 4th loss of the season to Duke (following losses to FSU, Clemson and Nebraska).

After our fourth loss. So after Clemson

Advertisement
Will the new president wait until the end of the season or pull a Muschamp and fire Golden midway through the season?

My prediction is November 1, 2015 after our 4th loss of the season to Duke (following losses to FSU, Clemson and Nebraska).

Yawn, whatever...

I've got zero confidence that UM gives enough of a **** to fire that ****. He just went 6-7 in year 4, which should have been an automatic firing, and all they did was shower him with praise and excuses and gave him freedom to do whatever he wanted with his staff.

Advertisement
I've got zero confidence that UM gives enough of a **** to fire that ****. He just went 6-7 in year 4, which should have been an automatic firing, and all they did was shower him with praise and excuses and gave him freedom to do whatever he wanted with his staff.

that was the school president which should be investigated herself for some of her own scandals

is the next new thread "when is paul williams going to be fired"?

It should've happened after the Pitt Game, then after the bowl game, but it didn't. I would think that it could happen when Colonel Klink takes office, but I doubt that as he is a self-described "consensus man". So, I suppose I'll say he's finally let go after we go 4-8 and Cap'n Al is still at the helm in the wheelhouse of the UTanic that's lying on the sea floor, broken in two, unrecognizable to all that knew her in her once proud glory.

Advertisement
If he goes 6-6 ("In only his second REAL season, after losing all those players to the NFL") he will be back for 2016.

Whenever it ends up happening it will be over a year too late. Every additional day he's here is basically a slap in the face of every Canes fan on the planet.

After the annual Virginia Cavaliers lost, when the Canes losing streak reaches 7 straight games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back