Predict 2016 Starting Lineups

Trent Harris should be an LB.

giphy.gif
that's almost as funny as the guy who said Trent Harris was our best pass rusher

Advertisement
In addition Redwine will do fine in certain schemes... but i like him better at safety..don tthink he has the speed for corner

In addition Redwine will do fine in certain schemes... but i like him better at safety..don tthink he has the speed for corner
I was actually going to move him there in my depth chart but we're just too thin at CB

With Coley coming back, we can now look ahead to a very talented 2016 canes team. Feel free to post your predictions of our offensive and defensive lineups. Here's mine:

OFFENSE
QB: Kaaya -- Shirreffs/Rosier -- Allison (RS)
RB: Edwards -- Yearby/Walton -- Homer
TE: Njoku -- Herndon/Dobard -- Irvin (RS)

WR1: Coley -- Richards -- latrell williams
WR SLOT: Bruce -- berrios -- lewis
WR3: Cager -- mullins --- Langham

LT: St. Louis -- Darling
LG: Mcdermott -- Milo -- Gall
C: Linder
RG: Isidora -- Gauthier
RT: odogwu -- darling

DEFENSE:
SDE: Thomas -- Jackson/Patchan -- J.Jackson
DT: Norton -- Jenkins/recruit
DT: Willis -- Moten -- Mcintosh
WDE: AQM -- Harris -- Bethel -- smith

SLB: Owens -- Mccloud -- Gordinier
MLB: Quarterman -- Young -- King -- Pinckney (RS)
WLB: Grace -- Gayot -- Perry

CB: Elder -- Jackson -- Mayes
S: Carter -- Knowles
S: Jenkins -- Johnson
CB: byrd -- redwine

Advertisement
With Coley coming back, we can now look ahead to a very talented 2016 canes team. Feel free to post your predictions of our offensive and defensive lineups. Here's mine:

OFFENSE
RB: Edwards -- Yearby/Walton -- Homer

WR SLOT: Bruce -- berrios -- lewis
WR3: Cager -- mullins --- Langham

RT: odogwu -- darling

DEFENSE:

MLB: Quarterman -- Young -- King -- Pinckney (RS)

S: Carter -- Knowles
CB: byrd -- redwine

Man if you dont take Knowles out of your 2 deep!!!!

if Odogwu improves as much this offseason as he did last offseason..... He'll be our starting LT and the best OL on our team

What about Grey? Is he really going to get lost in the depth chart, I thought the kid had the goods out of HS

Advertisement
- I remember Richt being hard after Walton. I think he's going to take the #1 spot.
- I think Byrd starts opposite Corn week 1. He's elite and he's physically ready to step right in and go.
- I hope the freshmen WRs are ready to hit the ground running. That position sucks.

Byrd would get smashed year 1

yeah he looked terrible against those 5 star WRs yesterday.

You mean catching a pick on a badly under thrown pass

- I remember Richt being hard after Walton. I think he's going to take the #1 spot.
- I think Byrd starts opposite Corn week 1. He's elite and he's physically ready to step right in and go.
- I hope the freshmen WRs are ready to hit the ground running. That position sucks.

Byrd would get smashed year 1

yeah he looked terrible against those 5 star WRs yesterday.

You mean catching a pick on a badly under thrown pass

interception, PD and a block PAT returned for a TD lol you trippin mane

Love that Richt brought in a power run OL coach. We haven't been physical upfront for the better part of 10 years.

On defense they ask they'll ask the nickel corner to have to help in run support a lot. I believe Jaquan will actually play a lot of nickel corner due to his intelligence and ability to tackle. Diaz' defense will put that nickel corner in a lot of spots to help in the two-read defense.

The boundary corner will need to have the speed to cover deep, the ability to press, but also the agility to play robber on the out route. Corn is going to need to be versatile and fill a lot of spots in this defense. Byrd on the boundary is asking a lot, but he's an elite talent. If he can grow up quickly, it might free us up to play Jaquan at S much more.

Obviously, the S's are the big worry on defense. There isn't a good solution right now, and the recruiting of the position is leaving a lot to be desired.

At OL, the hope is that Darling can go where he should be- LG. St. Louis needs to take LT for that to happen. The S & C needs to get them ready to go.

RT is Odogwu, with Milo backing him up and hopefully providing competition. Odogwu would make a great RG if we could develop some Tackles.

Do not be surprised if Njoku plays a lot of split end. In Richt's offense the split end needs to be able to block, and Njoku has the athleticism to split out wide and still make plays receiving.

We are shallow in a lot of spots, underdeveloped in a lot of spots, but there is enough talent available that if we stay injury free we could possibly win 10 games and finally make an ACCCG.

Advertisement
if Odogwu improves as much this offseason as he did last offseason..... He'll be our starting LT and the best OL on our team

This is a great point and I think it's possible.. Odogwu has the size and arm length to be a LT. If he can keep improving it would be ideal to put him at LT and darling at RT

This is a great point and I think it's possible.. Odogwu has the size and arm length to be a LT. If he can keep improving it would be ideal to put him at LT and darling at RT
his footwork is terrible he'll get killed at LT

The only positions locked in imo are:
QB- Kaaya
WR1- Coley
WR2- Cager (Would not be shocked to see Ahmmon Richards here some time in the season, but game 1 it's going to be Cager)
TE- Njoku, Herndon, Dobard will each have roles here. Obviously mainly Njoku in the pass game. Washington may see time as well
DE- AQM
OLB- Grace
CB- Elder

*I would say Thomas at DE and Willis at DT but I have no idea if that is where they will play. Willis will play for sure, if it's at DE, Chad is the reserve, if it's at DT then Chad starts as well. I'm sure Willis plays some DT but base defense I don't see it happening, but also I have no idea where he is in weight. If he's 285+ then it may be best to put him at DT and get all 3 on the field as much as possible.

*I know that safety will be a combo of Jaquan, Jenkins, and Carter could be any combo, depends on the matchup. We'll see a heavy dose of all 3

*Byrd could be the starting corner opposite of Elder, but I'm excited to see what Redwine can do. He's a big physical corner that can tackle. Should be excellent in Diaz's scheme. He doesn't need top end speed with the pass rush forcing the ball out quickly. Byrd has to prove he can be a consistent tackler in space at the college level first. That could be the game breaker. I have no idea though, haven't seen him live.

*Young is a great MLB but I think Shaq really pushes him to the end of camp and they both make each other better in the long run. Young ends up winning the job, but I expect to see a lot of Shaq as well.

*Owens would be my other OLB but as far as when he's fully cleared 100% I have no idea. It could be anyone there including Shaq or Mccloud seeing early time. I see Trent Harris working in at OLB and DE the entire year, just where ever he is needed. Mainly OLB until Owens is full go.

ill agree with alot of positions up for grabs. i won't agree thomas doesn't start at s de he is perfect for that spot in diaz d. he will be a terror playing the s de position. i see double digit sacks. he was best dl guy last year. had he been in a 1 gap attack down attack outside with speed type system he would of had double digit sacks last year.

chad thomas to me will be the biggest benificiary to the new d. he will be a terror on s de , with muhammed, smith, harris on rush de position willis, moten, jenkins norton inside. this dl could be special.

Advertisement
OFFENSE
RB: Yearby -- Walton/Edwards -- Homer

WR SLOT: Berrios -- Bruce -- Lewis
WR3: Cager -- Mullins --- Langham

RT: Darling -- Odogwu

DEFENSE:

MLB: Young -- Shaq -- King -- Pinckney (RS)

S: Carter -- Gayot
CB: Redwine -- Byrd

OFFENSE
RB: Yearby -- Walton/Edwards -- Homer

WR SLOT: Berrios -- Bruce -- Lewis
WR3: Cager -- Mullins --- Langham

RT: Darling -- Odogwu

DEFENSE:

MLB: Young -- Shaq -- King -- Pinckney (RS)

S: Carter -- Gayot
CB: Redwine -- Byrd

Gayot was moved to LB

seeing Johnson in the 2 deep on almost everyones depth chart.... foolish.

Kid is the most natural safety we've had here in a LONG time, you'll see

Advertisement
Back