Predict 2016 Starting Lineups

Also, on defense Gordinier and Patchan will be ahead of the freshman. Lots could change that will make me change my thought, but can't wait for Spring. May plan to attend Spring game. They give the date yet?

Advertisement
Also, on defense Gordinier and Patchan will be ahead of the freshman. Lots could change that will make me change my thought, but can't wait for Spring. May plan to attend Spring game. They give the date yet?

Good point I forgot about Patchan

I think we'll see Njoku lined up out wide a lot next season just because of the lack of threats on WR. He's really versatile and I've got to imagine Richt will find creative ways to use him.

We lack depth at a number of positions, but we've got some really, really nice talent on this roster.

Advertisement
Offense will be good if we get OL sorted out. Hopefully St. Louis can steal the LT spot and let Darling and Odogwu battle it out at RT.

We made Wazzu's front look like the Fearsome Foursome.

Any chance that Milo gets worked into the RT position? With Willis becoming eligible, the DL looks good, especially if Coach Kool lives up to his reputation. LB needs more depth. Any chance that Gordinier sees time as a backup at LB?

Jamal carter will need to improve greatly in pass defense if he wants to start. He falls for fakes easily and struggles to find the ball in the air. The safeties need to be stout in this defense

Spring will answer a lot of questions on defense. On offense we need the frosh on the OL to make that step, very important. We also need a strong Gus.

The only positions locked in imo are:
QB- Kaaya
WR1- Coley
WR2- Cager (Would not be shocked to see Ahmmon Richards here some time in the season, but game 1 it's going to be Cager)
TE- Njoku, Herndon, Dobard will each have roles here. Obviously mainly Njoku in the pass game. Washington may see time as well
DE- AQM
OLB- Grace
CB- Elder

*I would say Thomas at DE and Willis at DT but I have no idea if that is where they will play. Willis will play for sure, if it's at DE, Chad is the reserve, if it's at DT then Chad starts as well. I'm sure Willis plays some DT but base defense I don't see it happening, but also I have no idea where he is in weight. If he's 285+ then it may be best to put him at DT and get all 3 on the field as much as possible.

*I know that safety will be a combo of Jaquan, Jenkins, and Carter could be any combo, depends on the matchup. We'll see a heavy dose of all 3

*Byrd could be the starting corner opposite of Elder, but I'm excited to see what Redwine can do. He's a big physical corner that can tackle. Should be excellent in Diaz's scheme. He doesn't need top end speed with the pass rush forcing the ball out quickly. Byrd has to prove he can be a consistent tackler in space at the college level first. That could be the game breaker. I have no idea though, haven't seen him live.

*Young is a great MLB but I think Shaq really pushes him to the end of camp and they both make each other better in the long run. Young ends up winning the job, but I expect to see a lot of Shaq as well.

*Owens would be my other OLB but as far as when he's fully cleared 100% I have no idea. It could be anyone there including Shaq or Mccloud seeing early time. I see Trent Harris working in at OLB and DE the entire year, just where ever he is needed. Mainly OLB until Owens is full go.

Advertisement
With Coley coming back, we can now look ahead to a very talented 2016 canes team. Feel free to post your predictions of our offensive and defensive lineups. Here's mine:

OFFENSE
QB: Kaaya -- Shirreffs -- Rosier -- Allison (RS)
RB: Yearby -- Edwards -- Walton -- Gray -- Homer
TE: Njoku -- Herndon -- Dobard -- Irvin (RS)

WR1: Coley -- Richards -- Mullins
WR2: Berrios -- Lewis -- Bruce
WR3: Cager -- Langham

LT: St. Louis -- Darling
LG: Mcdermott -- Milo -- Gall
C: Linder
RG: Isidora -- Gauthier
RT: Darling -- Odogwu

DEFENSE:
SDE: Thomas -- Jackson -- J.Jackson
DT: Norton -- Jenkins
DT: Willis -- Moten -- Mcintosh
WDE: AQM -- Harris -- Smith -- Bethel (RS)

SLB: Owens -- Mccloud
MLB: Quarterman -- Young -- King -- Pinckney (RS)
WLB: Grace -- Gayot -- Perry

CB: Elder -- Jackson -- Mayes
S: Carter -- Knowles
S: Jenkins -- Johnson
CB: Redwine -- Byrd

OFFENSE:

QB: Kaaya- Rosier-Shirreffs-Allison(RS)
RB: Edwards- Yearby- Walton- Gray- Homer(RS)
FB: Tucker-Dobard-Lawler (RS)
TE: Njoku-Herndon-Dobard-Irvin(RS)

WR1: Coley- Cager- Langham
WR2: Lewis- Barrios- D'mauri Jones
WR3: Bruce-Mullins- Richards(RS)

LT: Milo- St.Louis
LG:McDermott-Loftus
C: Isidora-Linder
RG:Darling-Gauthier
RT:Odogwu-Jones

DEFENSE:

SDE: Thomas- D.Jackson- Patchan- J.Jackson(RS)
NT: Jenkins- Norton- Moore- Ryan Fines
DT- Willis- Moten- Mcintosh
WDE- AQM- Harris- Smith- Bethel(RS)

SLB: Owens- McCloud- Gayot
MLB: Quarterman- Young- Jamie Gordinier-Pinckney(RS)
WLB: Grace- Perry- Terry McCray

CB- Elder - Redwine- Mayes
S: Carter- Knowles- Wright(RS)
S: Jenkins- Johnson
CB: Byrd- Jackson- Terrance Henley

I'm probably going to get shredded for my o-line but we need athleticism badly and I know I have Danny Isidora at center but he has the most experience playing and knows everyone's job, he just needs to learn to snap. I know I'm getting negged for this too but I've seen Bar Milo practice and he's our most talented with all due respect to tyree St.louis, Bar Milo is the most athletic of the entire o-line and has the best feet due to that he played basketball in high school, he spent the whole year redshirted just to get stronger so if he earns it he should start based off upside. Tyree St.louis should be the first lineman for every position but center he's very talented but instead of having to move people around he should just be the permanent plug-in.

With Coley coming back, we can now look ahead to a very talented 2016 canes team. Feel free to post your predictions of our offensive and defensive lineups. Here's mine:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE:

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

I'm probably going to get shredded for my o-line but we need athleticism badly and I know I have Danny Isidora at center but he has the most experience playing and knows everyone's job, he just needs to learn to snap. I know I'm getting negged for this too but I've seen Bar Milo practice and he's our most talented with all due respect to tyree St.louis, Bar Milo is the most athletic of the entire o-line and has the best feet due to that he played basketball in high school, he spent the whole year redshirted just to get stronger so if he earns it he should start based off upside. Tyree St.louis should be the first lineman for every position but center he's very talented but instead of having to move people around he should just be the permanent plug-in.

I don't have anything against your OL it's not out of the realm of possibility. I have no idea if Isidora has ever played center or not, it's a completely different game than guard though. He's started for 2 years already, he could be fine there. I think Linder is definitely the smartest OL we have and should remain at center, slide Isidora to RG and Darling to RT and that is best case scenario.

We really need Darling to either make massive improvements this offseason in his feet and quickness, he was just overmatched to any speed rusher or any above average strength DE, or we need someone like St. Louis or Milo to beat him out and move him to his ideal position in RT. He's a college RT imo but moves to G in the NFL and turns into a pretty good one.

So we're not burning Allison's red shirt? We need him on special teams

Very good job. Think if 100% healthy, Edwards starts at RB, but it will be by committee. Edwards I think fits more of what Richt and Brown look for in a back. Joe is a tougher runner, but Edwards size and speed is what they want.

Edwards is not better than year by or Walton. Of the 3 Walton is more so Richts type of back. Gus is slightly above average back who has yet to prove he can run behind his pads effectively. Def not richts style unless his mentality changes

Advertisement

OFFENSE

DEFENSE:

OFFENSE:

DEFENSE:

I don't have anything against your OL it's not out of the realm of possibility. I have no idea if Isidora has ever played center or not, it's a completely different game than guard though. He's started for 2 years already, he could be fine there. I think Linder is definitely the smartest OL we have and should remain at center, slide Isidora to RG and Darling to RT and that is best case scenario.

We really need Darling to either make massive improvements this offseason in his feet and quickness, he was just overmatched to any speed rusher or any above average strength DE, or we need someone like St. Louis or Milo to beat him out and move him to his ideal position in RT. He's a college RT imo but moves to G in the NFL and turns into a pretty good one.
that's why I moved Danny inside, Sunny was probably our best lineman last year so I kept him in and thought you know Cam Erving played center played C after Bryan stork left and thought about how young Fsu was there and how they benefited by having him there because he was their most experienced lineman, and I believe they even played better against the run because it let them win inside

Last edited:
The University of ******* Miami is extremely thin at corner and WR. Thanks Al

Yal crazy to think Bryd is gonna start over redwine. I love bryds potential, he is going to be a great corner here but redwine has a year under his belt now and might be our most physical cb we got. That kid plays with a chip on his shoulder and is gonna ball when given the opportunity. Corn and redwine are my two starting corners.

Advertisement
Very good job. Think if 100% healthy, Edwards starts at RB, but it will be by committee. Edwards I think fits more of what Richt and Brown look for in a back. Joe is a tougher runner, but Edwards size and speed is what they want.

Edwards is not better than year by or Walton. Of the 3 Walton is more so Richts type of back. Gus is slightly above average back who has yet to prove he can run behind his pads effectively. Def not richts style unless his mentality changes
richt has always used big backs unless mark bulks up to 220 he isn't the starter

And juwon young is going to be a great middle linebacker for us as well. He is definitely starting over shaq. That's his position to lose. Shaq is goin to see action this year but will not start. Shaq will be a BEAST here though. Can't wait to see that line up in the future. Mike pinckny, Shaq and mccloud... ohh lawdd that's a scary lb core

Assuming Bruce sticks I'd like to see him as a return man as well. Bruce on punt returns and Elder and him on kickoff returns.

Trent Harris should be an LB.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back