Pre Season All American

Actually I did have some doubts if he would be good enough for Power 5 football...but they soon faded away.. something I never doubted was his work ethics and drive to be the best.

Thanks for sharing Papa Shaq! It’s a great to see your son recognized through his hard work.

Advertisement
I just don't care about preseason hype talk.

-"Canes are primed for a title run with Jacory Harris at QB! (After 2009)
-"We'll win 10 games with Al Golden!" (After 2013)
-"Kaaya is a first round QB! He will lead us" (After 2015)
-"Our defense will be a top 10 defense!" (After 2016)
-"Our offensive line is much more improved!" (every **** year)

At some point I just brush off the preseason hype because that's all it is. No one remembers the preseason all american, no one.

Outside hype, yea, okay, but...

1. Richt said the line is set on the 1st string.

2. Richt said the team is practicing well.

3. Richt said the competition level is high and former []__[] greats would be pleased.

4. Richt won two championships and coached two Heisman winners, himself.

That's not the same as Al Golden saying similar things. Being the guardedly optimistic contrarian is cool, but this is a new staff with a different trajectory, and failing to project this team based on the above means you don't have the wherewithal to decipher what's real and what isn't.

Last edited:
We haven’t even played a down of football yet. Let’s just worry about beating LSU first. Awards can come later.

Congrats to my man JJ. He stepped up be the leader that these Canes needed. I dying to see this defense this year.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Always gotta be a Debbie Downer amongst the group!!! Lets appreciate the love being thrown at our dudes - we havnt really gotten that the past few years.
Pre season,, popularity contest.
Post season,,anointed warriors..

These preseason accolades very helpful, in my opinion. They get the College Gameday segments focused on our guys, which is free advertising for the program (and who looks better on TV than Canes unis?). And they are great for the players as a reward for the hard work they put in.

And I would disagree on the "no one remembers preseason AAs." This whole board blasted Derwin James for the love he got last year, which was all based on his preseason hype.

But the most important thing about preseason rankings (for the team, as opposed to the individuals; but individual accolades contribute to preseason ranking) is the perception, which leads to the ability to drop a game and not get slaughtered in the polls. Preseason No. 6 Miami that beats LSU and FSU but drops one to GT is in a lot better position than preseason No. 19 Miami that does the same thing.
Pre season ranking, FSU #2..

Advertisement
Back