Praying for one of the Greats, Jim Kelly. #KellyTough

Advertisement
Horrible thing to happen to such a great person.
But if anyone can beat cancer again, it's Jim Kelly.

That's very disheartening.

Praying for the best possible outcome. If anyone can beat it again it's Jim.

Advertisement
Looks like he's spending some time down here. I saw they're going to reconstruct his upper jaw with bone from his leg (I believe). Sounds heinous but here's to it hopefully stopping any spread of the cancer.

If there is one dude who started the whole thing here, it was Jim. I think he gave a chuck of his signing money back to the program and set the stage for the family. Fairly sure Jim is Catholic boy, so full blown Rosary every day for you my brother.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honestly I would rather die than have my entire jaw and mouth removed but thats just me... hope he has a full recovery.

Honestly I would rather die than have my entire jaw and mouth removed but thats just me... hope he has a full recovery.

Reconstructed not removed. Still pretty heinous territory. Hoping for another miracle for the guy. Has had a great life but obviously a tough one too.

Advertisement
"Mr. Kelly was discharged from the hospital today after an extremely favorable recovery," said Dr. Mark Urken, who treated Kelly. "The speed of that process, considering the extensive nature of his surgery, was a function of his toughness, the firmness of his resolve, his faith and the support of his family. All of those factors will continue to serve him well as he moves on to the next phase of his rehabilitation."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23174314/hall-famer-jim-kelly-discharged-ny-hospital-jaw-surgery

Advertisement
Back