Prayers For Kendrick Norton

Advertisement
That 836 to 826 transition is so bad I have to mentally remind myself well in advance. Get in the left lane and don't worry about speed demon honkers or light flashers from behind. If you're not in that left lane early enough you might not be allowed to get over there.

I start reminding myself while passing Mel Reese Golf Course.

Most of the interchange redesigns in this area have been well done. The Palmetto bottleneck situation at Flagler Street was fixed seemingly about as sensibly as it could have been done, even if it took forever. But several of them are awful, like the ones you mentioned. They remind me of some of the old designs I experienced in Southern California. Unless you're a local there's no chance.

Glad you’re back to posting, Awsi!

Difficult to say what happened but that's not the greatest engineering design as Dolphin Expressway merges to Palmetto Expressway south...836 to 826 if you prefer numbers. I have had trouble there more than once. It is tight and abrupt and the barriers tend to blend.

Sharp diagonal lane changing is so commonplace in this area, even at high speeds. I could see a problem in that area if a vehicle suddenly realized it needed to go south on 826 but was not in the proper lane. The video with the overhead road signs makes it look more tame and clear cut than it actually plays out.
THIS.....agree completely with the engineering debacle...we have also experienced trouble there.

Advertisement
Y’all would take a comment and twist anything. We have had a lot of alumni unfortunately pass away or have life altering injuries at a young age. That’s a fact. I’ve been a cane fan since 1982. So I’ve seen them all. You don’t like my comment. IDGAF.
We have had a lot. Some we never find out about or a long time after it happens. Sometimes we lose touch with former players...and I'm talking about those who played since our resurgence in the early '80's.

Thank God it looks like Kendrick survives this.

Terrible news. Fortunately science has done amazing things with prosthetics so he should be able to have a healthy productive lives. Many veterans have lost limbs but it hasn't stopped them.

As to what the future holds- in 15-20 years science will have advanced to the point where not only will limb transplants be possible but prosthetics will also have full sensation and act/function like a regular limb.
And maybe 15-20 years beyond that regenerative medicine will enable regrowth of organs and even limbs. That might be optimistic, though.

Advertisement
How could some of these posters be commenting on his career? Prayers up to K.Norton and his family how tragic.
We can't help but think about things like this. Inevitably, I wonder to myself about his family and their future. It's obvious many of our athletes come from modest circumstances and pro sports might be their best opportunity to further themselves financially. Even with a good college degree, many professions, though respectable, will not provide the kind of income a professional contract or two might.

Anyone seeing the forest for the trees here? How many loved ones, revered athletes, innocent bystanders, animals need to die before we start to break the american car culture. 15 of my cyclist brethren have been slain on the street in NY in six months because as a society we condone these hazardous machines to share our public space.

Print out your thoughts and prayers on paper and send it to Kendrick Norton so he can save on toilet paper in the future.
No offense but you sound insane. We wouldnt have streets without cars.

Very sad to hear the news. I pray he will make as full of a recovery as he can. Our hearts go out to him and his family.

Advertisement
How did the accident happen?

I don't think there is any certainty yet, but there has been a report of a Maserati cutting him off before he hit the barrier and flipped. What is notable about that is that the name of the Maserati driver was released, which would lead one to believe that there may have been some contact between the vehicles that caused some damage, and thus the driver stopped. I lived in Miami for over 15 years, normally if a car cuts in front of you and there is no contact, the car will just speed away.

Again, that is pure speculation on my part, but if a Maserati is in front of an accident and in a merge lane about to enter an expressway, it's unlikely for the driver to just stop and wait around for the police to arrive.

Advertisement
Any updates on his current condition? Besides the arm amputation are there any indications about his recovery potential? Praying for the best, Norton is a good man

First I will pray that he survives and recovers quickly. Second I pray he got his degree since his wish for an NFL career is now gone. Third I pray for his family that they have strength to carry him through this tragic life changing event.

First I will pray that he survives and recovers quickly. Second I pray he got his degree since his wish for an NFL career is now gone. Third I pray for his family that they have strength to carry him through this tragic life changing event.

there is a poster on reddit claiming to be a first cousin, said he was in criminal justice program, but never said if he graduated with his degree from UM.

Advertisement
Back