PractiSe Tuesday 8/10

Advertisement
Blink 182 Reaction GIF
Whenever I see this I think....... GATOR fan.

I bet Bama comes out with a counter/misdirection type play on their first offensive play. If that goes for 10+ they will just roll with that. If we stuff it, I bet they come back on 2nd down with a shot downfield.

I usually like deferring to start the game so you can double possessions at the end of 1st and start of the 2nd, but I don’t want Bama to get the ball first and get a quick touchdown. I still don’t trust the mental toughness of this time to take a punch like that and respond.

I think we need to take the ball, go no huddle quick pace, and attack their secondary/boundary from the jump.

2018 was 2018. We were optimistic because Richt was finally pulling us out of our Sun Belt conference tenure. But we were so not ready for that game. Talent wise, depth and coaching.

Won’t even mention specifics of who our starting QB was, our OL, our O coordinator. We’ve got a much better team now and much better staff.

But again and to be clear, Bama should and most likely will win that game. No one is delusional. I think they will wear us down in the second half. I’m just hopeful we will give them a competitive game. If our OL comes to play, we can hang for awhile.

LSU didn’t out talent us. They outcoached and out executed us.

Willis was unblockable and Thomas was by far the fastest player on the field. Burrow played like trash.

That game was lost by Feagles and bad play calling. A better offensive plan could have gotten enough out of Rosier to win, but Richt was suffering through the early stages of Parkinson’s.

The game was put out of reach by two momentum destroying plays. The

First the terrible, telegraphed safety blitz to the boundary that Burrows easily saw and audibles to a touchdown run. Then the play that sent a lone tight end over the middle for LSU linebackers to jump all over. That isn’t a play I would call for a struggling Malik. Combined with a perfectly disguised corner blitz from his blindside, Malik never had a chance.

That CANNOT happen when you play national championship level teams.

We have all the pieces. We can keep it close and even win, but the coaches have to be on top of their game. Especially Lashlee. If he kicks ***, we can win even if Diaz calls some dumb plays.

Advertisement
As stated many times, I know zippo about game planning but this makes some sense to my simple mind. The inside run on downs one and two don’t make sense to me. Dink and dunk, quick stuff.

Getting early and consistent 1st downs will be another key, have to keep our defense fresh. Also, if you look at when Bama struggles on defense, its' when they rack up a big number of plays(just like any other unit)

Cant just have a bunch of 3-and-outs to start the game and let BAma build early momentum

LSU didn’t out talent us. They outcoached and out executed us.

Willis was unblockable and Thomas was by far the fastest player on the field. Burrow played like trash.

That game was lost by Feagles and bad play calling. A better offensive plan could have gotten enough out of Rosier to win, but Richt was suffering through the early stages of Parkinson’s.

The game was put out of reach by two momentum destroying plays. The

First the terrible, telegraphed safety blitz to the boundary that Burrows easily saw and audibles to a touchdown run. Then the play that sent a lone tight end over the middle for LSU linebackers to jump all over. That isn’t a play I would call for a struggling Malik. Combined with a perfectly disguised corner blitz from his blindside, Malik never had a chance.

That CANNOT happen when you play national championship level teams.

We have all the pieces. We can keep it close and even win, but the coaches have to be on top of their game. Especially Lashlee. If he kicks ***, we can win even if Diaz calls some dumb plays.

I was at that game in Dallas/Arlington, it dawned on me right then and there, 2017 was a mirage, the Rosier magic had run out, and the game had passed Richt by

Getting early and consistent 1st downs will be another key, have to keep our defense fresh. Also, if you look at when Bama struggles on defense, its' when they rack up a big number of plays(just like any other unit)

Cant just have a bunch of 3-and-outs to start the game and let BAma build early momentum
I was at that game in Dallas/Arlington, it dawned on me right then and there, 2017 was a mirage, the Rosier magic had run out, and the game had passed Richt by

We have to be unpredictable on 1st down. We have to execute the quick game to the middle of the field. We can’t over spam the inside zone and qb power to set up deep shots. We need to set up those running plays first with the quick passing game. Do that, and we can tear their defense apart like Ole Miss and UF did.

I like Lashlee, but when Miami gets an oc that realizes he needs to set the run up with the pass, we will play more like the Miami of old.

Richt killed Rosier’s magic. If we had Lashlee as oc for Brad, Malik, N’Kosi, and Jarren, we would have a completely different view of the program right now. **** he might have even turned Martell into a star not messing with his throwing motion. Living the Blockbuster life too long cost this program.

Advertisement
We have to be unpredictable on 1st down. We have to execute the quick game to the middle of the field. We can’t over spam the inside zone and qb power to set up deep shots. We need to set up those running plays first with the quick passing game. Do that, and we can tear their defense apart like Ole Miss and UF did.

I like Lashlee, but when Miami gets an oc that realizes he needs to set the run up with the pass, we will play more like the Miami of old.

Richt killed Rosier’s magic. If we had Lashlee as oc for Brad, Malik, N’Kosi, and Jarren, we would have a completely different view of the program right now. **** he might have even turned Martell into a star not messing with his throwing motion. Living the Blockbuster life too long cost this program.
Richt didn’t kill rosier’s magic. Teams scouting reports catch-up. Teams learned what to do against him.

It’s one of the reasons why backup qbs so often will look good the first time they come in.

it’s why so many MLB pitchers start their career 2-0 and then are out of the league in 17 months.

The question should be “Can we bear Bama AND the refs?!?”

Because we’ve all been down that road numerous times…
In before Manny should be yelling at the refs and chewing his visor because he is too passive…..

followed by I hate Steve Spurrier - he acted like a child on the sidelines….

Richt didn’t kill rosier’s magic. Teams scouting reports catch-up. Teams learned what to do against him.

It’s one of the reasons why backup qbs so often will look good the first time they come in.

it’s why so many MLB pitchers start their career 2-0 and then are out of the league in 17 months.

I don’t agree.

Duke played press man to force Malik to beat them and he threw some dimes in the miracle game.

Richt tried to change him too much and he fell apart thinking,the same way Martell fell apart when Enos started messing with his throwing motion. Combined with run, run, pass, he didn’t have a prayer.

Yes, they lost a lot on offense, but wouldn't that be countered with what we lost on defense?

Yes, it's early and neither will be in peak condition, but that applies to both teams. Their OL is more experienced than our DL. Our linebackers, huge question mark and it doesn't look promising until they show otherwise.

Hopefully the backend is a strength out of the gate, but if we can't stop them running the ball, they won't even need to test us there. I know they've got a new QB to break in, but that dude is legit as ****.
Don't necessarily agree with oline having more experience they lost 3 starters from last year! We only lost 2 starters(3) including rousseau, but we add d.johnson from ut and return everyone else. At da very least were even and willing to say were more experienced!

Advertisement
Out standing reporting. Sheesh just dont post anything if your going to post that dribble.
So.....are there any type qualifications, to being a reporter down, or, can just any average ******* get a job as a reporter, hang out with the team all day, and get oaid to ask stupid questions, and keep updates on the stationary bike?

Asking for me this time!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back