PractiSe Tuesday 8/10

Sciafe was in because Zion was sidelined.
why?
Chaney is fine, he’s practiced and has received carries at practice. They’re just being careful with contact , it’s precaution. As I mentioned other day he’s not football ready physically. He didn’t lift for a couple months and has to also drop weight. I said he‘ll need a few games to be spring Don. As for rehab I was rehabbing my ac joint in hs after I was full go and playing games. Pretty sure I rehabbed for a month after being cleared. Dude hasn’t used an arm for a couple months. This staff is very careful with this stuff.
Didnt Lamar Miller have a similar issue with his shoulder here?

Advertisement
People calling for Carter to move to LB for years. Now he does and all everyone says is but UNC….. so yea…. Everyone sucked that game…. As has been beaten to death here
RL0xU1daTlMoE.gif

Chaney is fine, he’s practiced and has received carries at practice. They’re just being careful with contact , it’s precaution. As I mentioned other day he’s not football ready physically. He didn’t lift for a couple months and has to also drop weight. I said he‘ll need a few games to be spring Don. As for rehab I was rehabbing my ac joint in hs after I was full go and playing games. Pretty sure I rehabbed for a month after being cleared. Dude hasn’t used an arm for a couple months. This staff is very careful with this stuff.
Any word on Melo or Zion?

Advertisement
All 3 strikers should start. Put smith at will, Carter at mike (I don’t care about his weighs that kid will not be blocked and is physical af) and keep frierson at striker. I trust AmarI at Mike more then anyone else that we have at Mike. get the best 3 at lb/striker

Jennings and Flagg are not cutting it at Mike
That NCAA 14 lineup huh

well, people thought we had the talent to line up and beat LSU in dallas three years ago, and it was pretty clear after that game that we were way behind the top of the SEC. i doubt our team was intimidated going into that game ranked in the top 10 vs a team barely in the top 25. turned out that we had some NFL guys on that team, but LSU had burrow, edwards-helaire, justin jefferson, jamarr chase etc... and none of them even needed to do much for them to kick our ***. our coaching in that game was poor as was our QB play, getting better in those two departments can take you a long way. can we hold up in the trenches? i have my doubts. we'll see.
I get the point you’re trying to make but can we please stop using games from 3 years ago as a reference for why this year’s team will struggle?Besides McCloud and Carter, who were backups, I’m pretty sure nobody else on the roster even played a snap in that game. ****, the only current coaches who were even there were Manny and Simpson.

I get the point you’re trying to make but can we please stop using games from 3 years ago as a reference for why this year’s team will struggle?Besides McCloud and Carter, who were backups, I’m pretty sure nobody else on the roster even played a snap in that game. ****, the only current coaches who were even there were Manny and Simpson.
The revisionist history some of these porsters come up with is laughable. I don’t think anyone can argue that a CFB teams roster turns over every year - some years more so than others. And there are very few coaching staffs that don’t have some turnover. Manny has revamped the O side twice and the D side last year. Comparing this years team to last years, or a team from 3, 5, 10, 20 years ago, is asinine.

Advertisement
I read recently that Bama has 9 defensive returning and what was considered a top defensive portal transfer I believe from Tennessee. The D was **** good last and one can only expect they become better this year.

Tough matchup for our Canes. A David vs Goliath? Perhaps. And definitely not of the realm. Bama is a machine, Canes are not. But that's why you line up and play. You never know!!

Hoping a monumental upset of course. Reality will set in during the game I'm afraid and I'll be praying that the Canes keep it respectable.

I don't think we'll stand toe to toe with them.

Their OL is better than our DL. Our front seven was getting bullied last year at times, running ourselves out of the play up field, and we lost how much? These dudes don't hold it down, it's gonna be ugly.

Our OL has a lot of starts, but they've never been anything to brag about. They're talking about that Bama defense as possibly the best ever under Saban, but no question it'll be a good one.

The game is won in the trenches. They should be favored as the match up isn't close on either side unless something amazing happens for us.

Anyhow, it would be nice to not only beat Bama, but also to hand Saban his first season opening loss there.

They certainly aren't scared to play us. There's years there that their second team would be a top 10 team in the country. ****, it was nice when we were like that.

Posts like this are appreciated because it's the truth. Any defensive line with a pulse decimated us last season to the point King was scrambling for his life, and our D line was far too volatile in terms of tackles for losses, followed up by chunk gains.

Our linebackers? Lmfao they're maybe at best middle of the pack ACC-caliber, which to Bama means they're childs play. Will we be better on both ends up front this season? Absolutely, and I expect that to come to fruition about 1/3 of the way through the season. Linebackers? I guess, can't be much worse than the product we saw in 2020.

But 1st game against the most talented team in the country? Idk man, we'll see. Hope I'm wrong, but keeping expectations for 9/4 to a minimum means there's nowhere to go but up.
Be careful the mouth-breathing 15-0 mob don't like when you offer sound logic. If we can suit up 2 linebackers that don't look like they belong on a JV team I will feel a lot better about our chances. Bama wont be looking to get cute, they will try to dominate us up front from the start.

I’d love to see a heavy front in preparation for their run game on first and second with deandre Ford Miller and JHH. Good speed and power there to stop the run and not get pushed around

Advertisement
Bama scheduling us week 1 is probably one of the dumber things they've done in recent years. Theres maybe 3-5 teams in the country that can match up with them athlete to athlete. Theres maybe 3-5 teams in the country that can look across the LOS & say I played vs that guy/beat that guy before. We check both boxes. You think our guys are going to be intimidated by Josh Jobe? We're gonna be ready.
We rarely look like we out athlete ACC coastal teams

We rarely look like we out athlete ACC coastal teams
A lot of that has been scheme. Atleast on offense. I think this year we may have the skill to do it. Harley is solid. Rambo has proven he can make plays. Key smith is rounding into form. We got a good stable of backs and our OL is probably the best it’s been since 2016? And a good arm throwing the ball. We say it every year but this may be the year. Man I sound like a Texas fan

I read recently that Bama has 9 defensive returning and what was considered a top defensive portal transfer I believe from Tennessee. The D was **** good last and one can only expect they become better this year.

Tough matchup for our Canes. A David vs Goliath? Perhaps. And definitely not of the realm. Bama is a machine, Canes are not. But that's why you line up and play. You never know!!

Hoping a monumental upset of course. Reality will set in during the game I'm afraid and I'll be praying that the Canes keep it respectable.

Last year they did not have a typical Alabama defense. It wasn't terrible. But "**** good" is a stretch. They were terrible on 3rd downs. They were outside the Top 30 in sacks. 59th in TFLs. They did finish barely in the top 20 in YPP allowed and scoring, which of course it's bad, but the defense was not dominating in the least bit.

I've posted many times on this board. IMO, their defense will be better, but their offense will be worse. I think if we can get 24+ on them, we can make them sweat. They did give up 48 last year to Ole Miss and 46 to the gator.

Advertisement
I dont know why I had a big smile on my face seeing Ford and Miller on the 1st team depth chart.

When the pads come on I think is when you will start seeing alot of guys take spots over and seperate from the pack.. no more "or" nonsense. Its their job and they are not letting it go... (I.E., Tyrique at CB, DJohnson at DE especially)

I know we have alot of time to talk Bama and I am going to being saying this in alot of threads over next 3 weeks leading up to the game...This is the type of game that we need all of our 5th and 6th year players to step up and show they are grown men just like Bama players are and dont sink in the moment.. No jitters, No "deer in headlights" moments, No "moment too big for them" type ****. STEP UP. My list of those players includes but not limited to:

Ford
Miller
Harley
Bolden
Donaldson
Gaynor
JWilliams
Scaife

Last year they did not have a typical Alabama defense. It wasn't terrible. But "**** good" is a stretch. They were terrible on 3rd downs. They were outside the Top 30 in sacks. 59th in TFLs. They did finish barely in the top 20 in YPP allowed and scoring, which of course it's bad, but the defense was not dominating in the least bit.

I've posted many times on this board. IMO, their defense will be better, but their offense will be worse. I think if we can get 24+ on them, we can make them sweat. They did give up 48 last year to Ole Miss and 46 to the gator.
This. Bamas defense absolutely took a step back last year and the year before. Havent been elite for a few years now. Now of course the year we play them that table would turn and analysts are calling this the best Bama defense since 2016. LOL. Smh.

Advertisement
Back