PractiSe #7

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Wiggins is a very talented guy. He just played a bit too soon last year IMO. Kid will be a stud here.

I don’t get this statement. Catching a football isn’t dependent on age. It’s not like you’re saying he struggled picking up the offense or the speeding of the game or blocking, which happens more when you’re young. It’s the one thing you’re supposed to do at wideout. There is no excuse for dropping as many passes as he did.

I’m not saying he can’t or won’t get better bc he will, but that had nothing to do with him being a freshman

Some other observations from Chris Stock:

Avery Huff is here in a helmet and shorts as he has to go through the NCAA acclimation period before he can be in pads. He’s moving well and I saw Pinckney talk to him during a drill to help him out.

Advertisement
I don’t get this statement. Catching a football isn’t dependent on age. It’s not like you’re saying he struggled picking up the offense or the speeding of the game or blocking, which happens more when you’re young. It’s the one thing you’re supposed to do at wideout. There is no excuse for dropping as many passes as he did.

I’m not saying he can’t or won’t get better bc he will, but that had nothing to do with him being a freshman
it's not uncommon for struggles with picking up the offense + speed of the game to translate into drops. even if you're getting to the right place at the right time, if you're thinking about it too much then you might lose focus on actually bringing the ball in. i'm not saying that's definitely what it is with wiggins, as there's no way for us to know that, but it's certainly a possibility.

Advertisement
Back