Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Exactly man. Keyshawn Smith proved that he'll jump for balls. X seems like he'll also do what he can. But Harley, Pope and ESPECIALLY Wiggins with his size are so **** scared to leave the ground.
Leaving the ground for the ball
In the clip would’ve been counterproductive though... the throw was perfect so he ran through it.

Advertisement
Watch McCloud lead the team in sacks this year.

I mean, not really but his skill set is better used at defensive end.
My skill set is better suited for QB than DT, but that doesn't mean I should play QB. :)

Leaving the ground for the ball
In the clip would’ve been counterproductive though... the throw was perfect so he ran through it.
Yeah I know in that clip it was a benefit not to...but only because Tyrique timed it wrong. Like I'm not mad about it on that play but our wrs have a bad habit of not contesting catches. Like never.

Advertisement
So whats the hate for McCloud at DE? Just curious as to why the board is so negative about it.

He sucked as a LB, but hes playing a completely different position now. In the one game at DE he played, with no prior experience, he graded out as the top DE.

Teach me football here guys, is it impossible for a player to be better at one position and contribute late in their careers? I bet Sam Shields is glad af none of you were in charge of his career lol.

McCloud is a garbage football player and yes it’s impossible for him to be any better regardless of what position he plays.

Some very good discussion in this thread. Thanks to all.

Regarding DJ Ivy, I think a big problem he's got now is that opposing OC's target him relentlessly. He's going to have to prove early and often that he's taken the next step in his development.

For two years now I've held the belief that DJ Ivy is close to being an elite corner. When I think about the 9938584933 times he got beat over the past two seasons he's always been in the right place at the right time and simply failed to make the play. Ben Franklin famously said that 80% of life is showing up. Apparently that doesnt apply to playing DB. lol

Perhaps having the kid from UGA playing corner opposite Ivy will help him. Maybe Ivy wont always have to face the other teams' best receiver as often.
They target Ivy because they see a pylon on film.

A lot, but by all accounts hes playing well at DE.

So I ask again, whats the hate for McCloud at DE?
I don’t hate him. I actually admire him. I just don’t think he’s a good football player. Maybe he’ll suddenly turn into one, but to be skeptical of a guy who has been bad for 12 years at UM isn’t “hate.”

Advertisement
DL should be

1st Team -

DE - Harvey
DT - Nesta
DT - JHH (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Johnson

2nd Team -

DE - Chantz Williams
DT - Roberts
DT - Taylor (Ford or Miller against heavy run teams)
DE - Cam Williams

Mccloud shouldn't even be in the picture
Completely agree with this. But have a bad feeling McCloud is gna find his way in there as will amari carter at safety and Jennings at LB...wish all 3 would have transfered out

Every team got hit with the same ****.....I don't like the covid excuse. I'm sure bama and the three other playoff teams had covid issues. They play favorites Manny goldiaz
Every team got hit but it hurt those the most that didn't have capable depth. And if anything Bama and three other playoff teams, all had a ton of depth. That most likely why they were playoff teams in the first place.

Advertisement
After reading this thread 2 things stick out to me:

1. I hope Mccloud shuts a lot of us up and has a good season, reinvents himself...gets himself drafted. Im rooting for him as I do for all for our players who chose to play for Miami

2. We as fans need to have open minds and not have unrealistic expectations based on what a kid did in high school. When they get here as true freshman we need to remember they could be boom or bust. I think when people have lofty expectations of a player and they dont live up to their billing then people sh*t all over them.

I think the CIS Recruiting board is the main reason for "the fans" unrealistic expectations for guys we land. We have a board full of SoFla insiders who hype up local guys and recruits 24/7

Advertisement
Yeah I know in that clip it was a benefit not to...but only because Tyrique timed it wrong. Like I'm not mad about it on that play but our wrs have a bad habit of not contesting catches. Like never.
You not wrong there. Was brutal last year

The seniority discussion reminds me of some old far side cartoon addressing the question of where are all the baby pigeons since all the ones you see in a city are roughly the same size and grown). The punch line was maybe the ones you see are all babies (imagine how big the momma is).

We’re here wondering where the young guy stars are at. There’s a reason they ain’t playing. It ain’t all manny. Maybe he’s scared to take risks woth young players. Maybe. But where are these heroes everyone says shoulda been running train on our opponents if only they got let out to play?

It ain’t all one thing or the other. But we have not had many young guys who were future first round picks the past decade.

Advertisement
Back