Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

He has shut down games, too. His problem is that the bad moments are so frustrating. I also think it's a confidence issue. Ivey had ball skills in HS but they haven't translated.

One of the reason the coaches (including TRob) like Ivey so much is that he is a giant corner. There are tools there. Whether he can actually become an above-average CB remains to be seen. Time is running out.
Plus his speed doesn’t translate to the field. It’s living proof that speed and football speed aren’t always equal.

Advertisement
Man you just spew nonsense without even thinking what you’re saying. Go see how many freshmen and sophomores started for those playoff teams then check back with me.

It’s incredible to watch.
But my point is everyone got hit and only certain (failure schools) universities use that. Which to me is smart if I was going into my fourth year of coaching and my job was on the line I'll ride it. I'm be like we didn't have enough practises (which most schools had limited number of practises)

I would ride it it's smart....I think Manny is the biggest genius in the off season I appreciate the **** he pulls cause it's smooth. Boss politician **** he does smart af.....off season is basically election month for us. He knows when to kick **** in high gear in the off season. Im in the opinion he knows he's cooked but trying to last as long as he can...he knows u cannot have the fan base turn on u as a whole or your finished.

To me man everyone dealing with covid just play the best players and that's it easy.

as long as we play the best players, I don’t care the name or the year. From what I’ve been reading, I’m inclined to believe. This year may be different. Will have to see it. I’m glad I hear about standards again, and coming here to win championships...not just coming here to play. Hoping Manny and crew have learned and pressing forward w no coddling, and Sr entitlement. Heck if Mcloud is a stud at DE, then I’d be happy as **** as he seems like a good dude and hard worker.

Advertisement
Cmon El you know Jennings already had one foot out the door and Couch sent Blades to the bench when Covid hit. Chaney had Cam crying on social media and McCloud had to change positions.

The whole seniority thing has blown up into the biggest cis urban legend going.
Bandy got on field early as well IIRC

So what I’m understanding is Alabama is a well oiled machine that will be stacked again this year.

That same well oiled machine, along with the other top 4 well oiled machines were impacted the exact same way by COVID as Miami.

A well oiled 6-7 loss to FIU and shutout versus LaTech and a new offensive coaching staff machine.

Miami should have easily kept that well oiled machine running to compete with the other machine in the top 5.

Got it. I think....probably not.

Last edited:
unless there’s another transfer my money is on Deandre and Harvey at de. Deandre has sde pretty much locked down. Harvey has to be better with the run, if that happens weak side is his. But imo mccloud found his natural position , kinda like a couple finding their soul mate at 84.

IDK D$, there's just too much Evidence against this

Manny plays politics and seniority

- Pope/Wiggins over Smith/Redding/Restrepo/Payton (Anyone else)
- Patchan over Rousseau
- Knowles over Hall/Frierson
- Pat Bethel over Nesta/Ford
- Ragone (lol) over Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)
- Mccloud & Jennings over TAC/Flagg/Brooks/Huff (Anyone else)
- Jhavonte Dean over Blades/Ivey
- Ford over JHH
- Sciafe & Clark over Rivers
- Amari Carter over Hall/Harrell/Balom

The list goes on and on
The assumption is the kids behind are ready. Dean over Blades and Ivey. Now anybody but Ivey. Couch pushed Blades and Ivey at times to the bench. Bethel over Nesta and Ford. Bethel has always been more productive than Ford. Now Ford over JHH although it is pretty clear it will be JHH over Ford. Grass is always greener and then the kid folks were screaming for turn out to be not so good. The only case it was clear cut was Rousseau after 4 games and then he was clearly the starter.
Hall was good as a Soph, and was not very good last year, would still say he's more talented than Knowles.
I'm not sure Hall was all that competent in 2019. Gilbert moved to striker and locked down the starting position in 2020. If the younger guys were outperforming the older guys, then it is nonsense to think they would not get more reps. The problem is they were not. Linebacker got no better when Jennings and McCloud sat. They must have enough confidence in Flagg and possibly TAC to push McCloud to DE. Quite frankly our linebacker room was the worst in the Power 5 last year.

Looks like Rivers is going to get the guard position. So much so that Scaife is moving back to tackle.

I'd like to see some of the youngsters in the spring before I run with the herd. I am not buying into the Greentree All-American status until I see with my own eyes. Not that I'm in love with some of the upperclassmen.

Advertisement
He has shut down games, too. His problem is that the bad moments are so frustrating. I also think it's a confidence issue. Ivey had ball skills in HS but they haven't translated.

One of the reason the coaches (including TRob) like Ivey so much is that he is a giant corner. There are tools there. Whether he can actually become an above-average CB remains to be seen. Time is running out.
Time ran out. It’s over for Ivey.

After reading this thread 2 things stick out to me:

1. I hope Mccloud shuts a lot of us up and has a good season, reinvents himself...gets himself drafted. Im rooting for him as I do for all for our players who chose to play for Miami

2. We as fans need to have open minds and not have unrealistic expectations based on what a kid did in high school. When they get here as true freshman we need to remember they could be boom or bust. I think when people have lofty expectations of a player and they dont live up to their billing then people sh*t all over them.

Touché D$ - color me wrong then

With all this being said, you're right, recruiting, especially on the back 7 has been a problem (Manny kept Rumph around too long). Hopefully with TRob, DVD, and Aristide, most of it can be fixed.

But now I'm also starting to worry about Manny and his defensive staff's ability to identify HS to College talent and player development capabilities. Because no matter who is recruiting them, Manny is still at the top as far as targeting who we go after in recruiting.

And there's been way too many highly touted guys or highly regarded signees by this staff that just haven't amounted to their potential.

- Gurvan Hall
- Jon Garvin (IMO he had 1-3rd rd Talent)
- Blades & Ivey
- Obviously Jennings/Joyner/McCloud at LB
- Huff & Brooks

Need to see something soon out of development
Look at who evaluated and recruited the.

a bartender, I guy who never played football, and guys who’s last name is Patke

Advertisement
Some very good discussion in this thread. Thanks to all.

Regarding DJ Ivy, I think a big problem he's got now is that opposing OC's target him relentlessly. He's going to have to prove early and often that he's taken the next step in his development.

For two years now I've held the belief that DJ Ivy is close to being an elite corner. When I think about the 9938584933 times he got beat over the past two seasons he's always been in the right place at the right time and simply failed to make the play. Ben Franklin famously said that 80% of life is showing up. Apparently that doesnt apply to playing DB. lol

Perhaps having the kid from UGA playing corner opposite Ivy will help him. Maybe Ivy wont always have to face the other teams' best receiver as often.

Ohio State had no freshmen and 4 sophomores starting out of 22 players. None was backed up by an upperclassman.

Bama had even less.
Not sure why I'm gonna ask but wtf was your point supposed to be? How many of those "upperclassmen started 2+ years already?

You didn’t answer the main point on my post, which is: are you telling me that Manny is telling grown *** men like Lashlee and Likens who to play at wide receiver?

Answer that question. Otherwise, you just posted a bunch of bullshlt.
I'm not telling you sht but if your head hasn't been in your *** the last 6 months you've seen our insiders say Likens didn't have final say already.

Last edited:
Advertisement

If anyone can get it out of him it’s TRob, we all know he has some solid tools at this level, for me personally, it’s the mental lapses and the Loafing. I only played at the high school level but loafing only happens when you don’t have to worry about your job. No excuse for that ****.

So whats the hate for McCloud at DE? Just curious as to why the board is so negative about it.

He sucked as a LB, but hes playing a completely different position now. In the one game at DE he played, with no prior experience, he graded out as the top DE.

Teach me football here guys, is it impossible for a player to be better at one position and contribute late in their careers? I bet Sam Shields is glad af none of you were in charge of his career lol.
How many bad players have changed positions and remained bad players? A whole lot more than those who have changed positions and gone from terrible to excellent.

And Shields isn’t a great example because he wasn’t a good CB here which is all I care about. What they do once they leave is good for them but meaningless to me as a UM guy.

Who said anything about suicide watch?

And no, they don't have a say over the HC, the HC determines the depth chart & Manny will go with the "eXpeRiEnCeD vEtS" always.

It's no issue to me, I'm just preparing people that thought there was going to be a huge turnover on the depth chart, it won't.

The same Defense that was out there last year will be this year, except DeAndre Johnson & Tyrique Stevenson will be in place of Quincy Roche & Al Blades Jr.

It is what it is.
History tells you this man is right. You can choose to ignore the history if you want.

Advertisement
Back