Spring PractiSe #5 **TUESDAY**

Naw... See.... Naw I can't let y'all get me hyped for Ivey. I know we majorly upgraded in coaching but..... still, naw.

Advertisement
There is no way McCloud is going to hold up in running game. I believe there is a spot for him on this team as passing down d end. If he is logging major snaps at DE we’re in trouble. Same goes for Carter at Safety. Those 2 guys on the field together again this season playing major snaps is a recipe for disaster until proven otherwise. And it means manny hasn’t gotten over the seniority hump.
You do know McCloud is about to be 24 going against 19 and 20 year olds. If his grown man strength can't hold up against these jits than he needs to really give up his gloves and cleats.

McCloud seems like a nice guy but dude has been here since Barack Obama was our president and he still isn't an impactful player. Come on.
lol this might be the best comment ever made on zach...mans been here for 3 presidents that's all that needs to be said :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm fine with McCloud playing DE because I think that where he belong to begin with. He'll definitely be more serviceable there. BUT AMARI CARTER... I don't know where you put him outside of special team. In all the games I've watched Carter, I feel like he's either busy trying to get a targeting call or chasing someone. He's always chasing versus just being there to make an actual play. SMH

Advertisement
You do know McCloud is about to be 24 going against 19 and 20 year olds. If his grown man strength can't hold up against these jits than he needs to really give up his gloves and cleats.
How many times have we seen him get dragged over the years. I’m rooting for the guy, hope he turns into a 1st AA. I just don’t see how he’s going to hold up in run game based on what we’ve all seen from him.

I'm not buying the covid outbreak for the reason why the younger WRs didn't get any burn. Even before the outbreak, I think it was the Pitt game, Macho came on here and said Restrepo told him all the younger WRs were gonna get burn that game and we saw the exact opposite. Same old Pope, Wiggins and Harley.

Advertisement
Not to speak for El but I believe the worry is guys like Avantae Williams and Chantz Williams getting a fair shot because McCloud may know the scheme better. In the past we kept trotting Knowles out in the secondary over youngsters like Hall, and now Hall and Carter may be getting burn at the expense of the Williams' kids.
Because Hall has been stellar. Knowles played because the kids behind him turned out to be not so good.

It's not an urban legend, it's a fact.

I guarantee you McCloud, Jennings, Ivey, Carter etc will all start & play significant snaps this year.
McCloud will be in the three man rotation at DE...I think he will be a pleasant surprise player in the t Harris role.. I think Jennings will be in the top 3 rotation at LB with Flagg hammering down one of the spots which is an indictment of our recruiting/development. Ivey will be the third/fourth corner...that’s on blades if he can’t pass Ivey. The carter situation is the one that is most puzzling/concerning to me. Unlike LB, we have a ton of depth in the back end. Carter’s going to play and he probably shouldn’t unless he transforms his game somehow this offseason...way to many talented younger guys in that room.

Advertisement

1616523314350.gif

Aren’t Lashlee and Likens making the wide receiver decisions?

Or is Manny‘s alleged seniority fetish making him start Pope and Wiggins over the others?

So Manny, allegedly a defensive expert but certainly no offensive expert, is telling the two grown *** men, Lashlee and Likens, to start wide receivers that they don’t want to start.

I mean if we’re going to stick with this seniority fetish, let’s at least be realistic, and put the blame where it belongs on offense.
Knowledgeable individuals have mentioned that open completion meant upperclassmen will play regardless but sure fella. I don't think Manny is purposely sabotaging, but he clearly has a preference. Play on the field should be the biggest factor in who plays and who doesn't. No one here should be arguing that this has been the STANDARD. Manny prefers experience over the unknown which separates him from the coaches that are still on the field in January.

Advertisement
McCloud chasing a RB pitch or screen thrown his way is why I cringe.

Pencil in McCloud as a starter at SDE.

DeAndre will be playing the rotational role that Trent Harris/Trevon Hill played. And Harvey will be the guy at WDE.

Also expect a big dose of BJ Jennings & DJ Ivey all year too lol The Safeties will remain Bolden, Hall & Carter, the young Safeties will only play 3rd team & mop up duty.

Seniority always wins with Manny.
****, bruh. Felt like Dwinstitles hacked your account and posted this. That's some depressing &hit to read.

Advertisement
Back