Spring Practise #4 Tuesday March 19

I'm going to be a ***** and say I'm worried about our DB's. Great catch and everything, but the theme of spring practice so far has been DB's getting cooked.
Oh our DBs are a massive issue, anyone ignoring that is on crack.

Even D$ is alluding to DB being a massive priority in the spring. We picked up a new coach, Robby Washington is toying with converting, Powell is playing more nickel than true safety in a fair amount of packages (although he was previously recruited as a corner)…just add up the clues and it’s not hard to realize what position is in dire need of talented bodies. And let’s be honest - we still need WRs. So if the DBs are getting cooked by Isaiah Horton, redshirt/true freshmen…well I’ll let CIS draw their own conclusions from that.

Personally, the desire for another DT is because we want to ease the pressure on the back end. Being disruptive up front makes life easier for everyone in the secondary. We’re just trying to capitalize on the bodies we already have and throw in a war daddy DT that can collapse the pocket or take doubles. Clark can do it but it remains to be seen how deep in a game he can go, he’s a 40-45 snap guy imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He loves it when you call him Big Poffa.

Put yo hands in the air like you a true playa!

@JamesQuall @JHallCanes

View attachment 284882

I wish I came up with "Big Poffa", but that credit goes to another far more clever porster whose name escapes me and I am ashamed for not remembering....
Stop Police GIF by LEGO

Emory threw it, suprise suprise.

Lofton absolutely cooked Spencer, who still committed PI at the end. Good catch from Lofton, looks small out there (compact might be a better word in terms of build) but he does run rather smoothly.

I’m just concerned he’s physically close to maxed out, but short-term I think he can help us out pretty much immediately - whether that’s chipping a DE, designed short routes to get him the ball in space, etc. A gadget guy that is physically ready to see the field in ‘24.
Needs to be used as a superback like Peyton Hillis/Jacob Hester. A te/fb/rb hybrid that you can scheme mismatches with.

Advertisement
I'm going to be a ***** and say I'm worried about our DB's. Great catch and everything, but the theme of spring practice so far has been DB's getting cooked.

We just got two key guys back today from injuries. Honestly I’d be more concerned with WRs or TEs if they weren’t winning most of these 1 on 1s with no pads or shells.

Still a position if concern but our receivers would be atrocious if they weren’t winning these.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lofton looks small out there (compact might be a better word in terms of build) but he does run rather smoothly. I’m just concerned he’s physically close to maxed out.
I think he has a unique skill set. Will probably be an H-back here. Basically an athletic fullback that’s effective in the passing game. Size is fine for college IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back